Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SOJI UPDATE

smee2

The day we were informed by Judy about Soji, the pup in Afghanistan who needs funds to be brought to a new home in the United States. I went to the site.

When I went to the site Soji had collected $200, 5% of what was needed. \

Today I went back to the site, just a day or two later ... and now it is at $635, which is 18% of what is needed.

That is great!!!!!

I believe they need the group trying to send the pup oversease to raise a thousand dollars, which we have two thirds of. But they still need a total of 3500, the remaining part being what they will put in from other donations. The problem is of course they don't have a lot of money just waiting to send these animals to good homes so it is going to be up to those wanting to see Soji get a good home to find the money to do so.

I think we can make a bigger difference with more donations. If you have donated, thanks on behalf of Soji and his sponsors in Afghanistan. If you haven't yet, it is easy. PayPal and you could donate as little a five dollars if that is all you feel you can afford. Couple of cups of coffee ... you drink too much caffein as it is ... hahahahahahaha ... sorry I couldn't resist.

Just trying to be helpful here.

Go Soji,

and Go RV

and Go DV Members who CARE!

Woohoo

smee2

Yeah, okay, I am getting carried away. Blame it on the meds. Had to put my old lady cat down today and had to come home and do a little self medicating. I really should learn how to drink for times like this.

Well, thanks folks.

I know I'll feel foolish about this tomorrow, but what the H I feel okay about it now.

:)

While I feel sorry for any dog, or human, living in poor conditions... I can't support the idea of paying $3500 to bring one dog to the US.

$3500 can signficantly change the lives of many, many more dogs than just one... or heaven forbid, humans.

When I have to choose between saving a human life or an animals life, I will choose the human any day of the week!

Semper Fidelis

• Upvote 4

While $3500 is a lot of money to some people and to others it is chump change. It depends on what value a person places on an object. To some the pup is worth it and to others it is not. I have several dogs and I will take them over a lot of people. How many people have received more than $3500 from a church or from the goverment and still not doing any better? Some spend it on drugs and others on booze. The pup will have a good home and hopefully a long dog life. My dogs are my family now and god help any one who hurts one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

While $3500 is a lot of money to some people and to others it is chump change. It depends on what value a person places on an object. To some the pup is worth it and to others it is not. I have several dogs and I will take them over a lot of people. How many people have received more than $3500 from a church or from the goverment and still not doing any better? Some spend it on drugs and others on booze. The pup will have a good home and hopefully a long dog life. My dogs are my family now and god help any one who hurts one.

And thus you have proven my point for me.

First, let me point out your sentence where you say a "dog" is an "object". That is far from the truth. A dog is a living, breathing animal that God has put on this earth and to whom he has given us the responsibility to take care for and have stewardship over. An object is a hammer or a rock. A non-sentient, non-living piece of matter.

Second, if you value a dog, over the life of a human being (we're not talking murderers or rapists, but say a starving child in Africa) then there is something wrong with that picture. If you value an objects life over a human's life, then there is something wrong with that picture. And generally speaking, a dog's life should be worth more than an object to you.

I own several businesses in which I make my living. One of them is a dog training company. Another is a dog breeding company. I care about my dogs, no doubt. In many cases it is a financial decision to have an operation performed on them to save a dog's life. When I spend $2,000 on a surgery to save a dog's life, it is from the standpoint of a business owner, that the dog makes money; i.e. by spending $2,000 I will have the capability of making more than $2,000 with the dog. Or when I spend $12,000 on a stud from Germany, and another $2,000 to import him... and then that dog goes on to sire $100,000 worth of puppies. I have decided for my business that I do rationalize my placing "money" over the value of a dog; generally, I admit that I should value a dog's life more than money, yet in the course of business that dog is sometimes put to sleep because I cannot afford to save him (not that I don't have the money, or couldn't finance the cost of the surgery, but because the dog simply isn't worth the cost). But the end result is that if I spend $5,000 on a dog to perform a life saving surgery when that dog will not produce me at least $5,001 then I have placed the value of that dog's life above the value of providing for my family, and for providing for many other people who my charity feeds and clothes. Money is only more important than an animal's life when you realize that the money is better spent on a human life!

But for some reason I just have a hard time with some dog having $3500 spent on him as in this example... regardless of how much a person can afford to throw away on the dog, that money would be better spent on a human. I'd much rather that money go towards a human being's welfare than a dog. $3500 could help a lot of children, or feed a lot of homeless people. Are people perfect? Heavens no. But they are certainly more worthy of frivolous money than a dog!

You state that your dogs are family, and God help any one who hurts your dog. Well, I am going to assume for a moment that you have a child. If you don't, replace child with someone that you care about.

If your child and dog ran into the street and were hit by a car, and both required a $3500 surgery to save their life, and you only had $3500... who would you save?

If you choose your dog, words can't describe my contempt for you, but I highly doubt that any would choose their dog over their child.

If you choose your child, then replace "your child" with "a child". Your decision should still be the same. And now you should be realizing that by choosing to pay $3500 to bring over a non-productive dog (i.e. a dog that will not financially pay for itself) to the US, that you are allowing at least one child to die... and probably more than one because there are hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of children who will die this year and next because they don't have $3500 to feed, cloth, and shelter them!

Finally, I do realize how preachy I sound. Sorry.

Semper Fidelis

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1