Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baghdad Council delays voting on its budget

Monday, March 14, 2011 11:20 GMT

After five hours of discussions, Baghdad Provincial Council delayed voting on Baghdad’s budget till next Thursday due to objections on the capital’s project plans.

Baghdad Provincial Council members believe the project s plan is unclear and might lead to wasting public money.

Will Baghdad Provincial Council members agree on the plan if amended? Some members meanwhile threatened to withdraw from Thursday’s session if the funds allocated for the projects plan do not consist with proposed projects.

Link - http://www.alsumaria.tv/en/Iraq-News/1-61566-Baghdad-Council-delays-voting-on-its-budget.html

• Upvote 1

I Just found this same information in the AKnews and was ready to post when I seen you already have!!! Thanks for the good find... I think this will prolong our journey!!!!

This has nothing to do with Iraq as a whole, this is Baghdad's budget, not Iraq... unless Iraq changed it's country name to Baghdad...

Stated in the article is: Baghdad's Provincial Council.....Meaning the province of Baghdad..

Edited by beaver
  • Upvote 2

This has nothing to do with Iraq as a whole, this is Baghdad's budget, not Iraq... unless Iraq changed it's country name to Baghdad...

Stated in the article is: Baghdad's Provincial Council.....Meaning the province of Baghdad..

Well said.

People seem to be having a hard time understanding the difference between the Federal budget as opposed to the budgets of the provinces. The Federal or general budget was passed by parliament last month. That was the 82.6 trillion dinar budget. That is done.

Each province has now been allocated a percentage of that "general" budget in order for the provinces to run their local governments and do what they need to do.

So each local assembly in every province now has to sit down and discuss how that money will be spent. I agree with Beaver in that these local budgets should in no way slow down the process. The only one we were interested in has already been completed.

• Upvote 2

Well said.

People seem to be having a hard time understanding the difference between the Federal budget as opposed to the budgets of the provinces. The Federal or general budget was passed by parliament last month. That was the 82.6 trillion dinar budget. That is done.

Each province has now been allocated a percentage of that "general" budget in order for the provinces to run their local governments and do what they need to do.

So each local assembly in every province now has to sit down and discuss how that money will be spent. I agree with Beaver in that these local budgets should in no way slow down the process. The only one we were interested in has already been completed.

We put our 2 postings together and we have the perfect explanation.... ;):lol:

Edited by beaver