Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 3/13/2011

Doc31

Doc31,

Thanks for the post. I always look forward to reading your thoughts and today's

was especially interesting to me. You put a lot of time and effort in and I wanted

to say how much I appreciate that!!

Blessings to you and yours!

I give you a +1 just for this line....

'Personally, I believe … without being Dr. Sinan al-Shabibi's favorite son … that naming a rate is similar to herding cats or nailing jello to a tree … but that's just me!'

Fantastic....starting the day with a good laugh! Thanks Doc31

Edited by tlwkc
  • Upvote 1

Doc, great job. I was thinking along some of these same lines. The Feds will do what ever is in there best interest. I have seen many a post about Iraq not wanting to RV high because it helps us money hungry Americans, they too could careless about us little investors. Both governemnts are going to do what is in their best interest, regardless of what seems logical. I feel that it will have to be some what resonable ($3.00 range), so the funds that were paid for GOI contracts, Iraq paybacks for debt are basiclly not worthless and for the GOI and the US to save face on the world market, after a decade of US support. I also think that they will peg it to a basket versus the USD. The US gets a big pay day on the RV. Clears the books on the debt and adds cash to the UST. cool.gif We can only hope.

• Upvote 3

Doc,

I have never replied to one of your posts. I have givin you a +1 many many times, but have never put type to screen. I wanted to say, thanks for taking time every morning to come here and explain what may of of newer investors are trying to figure out, and how they all intertwine with one another. There are a few regular posters here and they are very much appreciated as well with all that they share and contribute, but you my friend are a diamond in the rough! A great big THANK YOU from NY!

• Upvote 3

Interesting points doc. I never thought of those ideas like that but I certainly will consider them along with My LOPness Monster, Irational Fractional Banker, Slow Mo Appreciator, and the FIAT tango. :D I like the last one, its like the get out of jail free card!

I think the most important thing with this investment is not to get "locked in" to one outcome. I mean this is speculation so its better to be grounded by considering as many possibilities (within the bounds of what we know err what we think we know ;) ).

And Doc, I think your on point with this.

Often I thought of what Obama promised in cutting the deficit. I thought about George W in his promise that the war would pay for itself and that history would vindicate him. Now as far as I'm concerned, both of these men are on the line with these grand claims. So will Iraq make liars out of them or what? I believe we will see this year! So what would Iraq need to do for us to pay for the war? Thank you Doc for bringing that up! :D I just never thought of that.

The big thing I'm waiting for which would end some of this speculation is Parlaiment to vote on or pass legislation to support Shabibi's new monetary policy in regards to restructuring their currency. Last year I looked up other nations who made changes to the currency, usually the government passes laws to support the new monetary policy.

Then again, maybe they have already passed the laws and just haven't announced it? :P:lol: :lol:

I really believe something will change this year and I pray it will be an RV but remember to keep an open mind to all possibilities until it is finished.

Thanks again Doc! :D

Edited by quadraph0nic

Nice to see an analysis from this angle. It's scary that I was wondering about this exact subject yesterday - how many dinar are out there, how much does the US Gov. have, how much do investors hold, and how might that affect the rate? You have succeeded in blowing my mind!:mellow:

I just wish the numbers indicated a higher rate needed to satisfy the war debt.<_< Of course, this info helps indicate what the minimum rate is likely to be. The natural resources and production capabilities, etc., could lead the IMF and WTO and UN to approve a higher rate if Iraq asks for one (I understand that Iraq has to fly it by these guys, not just declare any rate they want?).

Feedback, y"all.

Thanks for the effort.

Peace and Prosperity

Edited by Off-the-grid

thanks. i would hope to see the $3 range as well. that was the number i hoped for when i purchased my first dinars about 18 months ago. but anything above$1 would be nice otherwise i may have to continue working. have a nice day all and go rv B)

• Upvote 1

Once again, Thanks Doc. You have written my thoughts in the most excellent and much more eloquent and wise manner. Please keep the informative and thoughtful posts coming.

Blessed Be to you and yours.

gp49