Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait requests UNSC to retain the Iraq-Kuwait issue on its agenda

babyorca

UNITED NATIONS, March 10 (KUNA) - Kuwait has requested that the Iraq-Kuwait issue remain on the agenda of the UN Security Council.

In a letter to the Security Council President circulated on Thursday, Kuwaiti Ambassador Mansour Al-Otaibi said: "I should like to notify you that the Government of the State of Kuwait wishes to see the following item - 'The situation between Iraq and Kuwait' - retained on the list of matters of which the Security Council is seized." All UN Member States have to notify the Council President early in the year that they would like subjects of interest to them be retained on the Council's agenda, otherwise the Council would drop those subjects for ever from its agenda. (end) sj.gb KUNA 102259 Mar 11NNNN

http://tinyurl.com/4ujp3ah

UNITED NATIONS, March 10 (KUNA) - Kuwait has requested that the Iraq-Kuwait issue remain on the agenda of the UN Security Council.

In a letter to the Security Council President circulated on Thursday, Kuwaiti Ambassador Mansour Al-Otaibi said: "I should like to notify you that the Government of the State of Kuwait wishes to see the following item - 'The situation between Iraq and Kuwait' - retained on the list of matters of which the Security Council is seized." All UN Member States have to notify the Council President early in the year that they would like subjects of interest to them be retained on the Council's agenda, otherwise the Council would drop those subjects for ever from its agenda. (end) sj.gb KUNA 102259 Mar 11NNNN

I take this as bad news. If it were left off the Agenda, the UNSC would most likely consider the matter closed. The fact that Kuwait wants it to stay on their agenda would signify to me that all is not well. We will see...

Hmmm, seems like good news they have worked out their differences and all the Kuwaitis are asking is to keep the open issues open in the UN circle of leaders. No hangup here just continuing forward on policy and restitution issues. JMO. Peace.

• Upvote 1

It gives the idea that what ever issues there are left wont be completed this year....thats for sure....

It gives the idea that what ever issues there are left wont be completed this year....thats for sure....

• Downvote 2

The UNSC is scheduled to review the situation in their June meeting. Perhaps this article is saying Kuwait wishes this to still

be on the agenda for this meeting with the possibility of Chapter 7 sanctions being lifted. There has been a lot of positive interaction between the two countries over the past couple months

and I believe Iraq has made significant efforts to bring these issues to Kuwait's satisfaction. However if Kuwait feels there are still some significant outstanding issues, that may also be the meaning of this article. I'm hoping they have settled their differences.

• Upvote 1

My understanding is that Kuwait wants the issue to remain open due to Kuwaits desires to have Iraq to continue the search for the bodies of missing Kuwaiti's from the war as well as Kuwaiti artifacts that were stolen by Iraq during the war. IMO this has little if anything to do with Iraq's full release from chapter 7 sanctions and it should have little or no bearing on our investment or a potential RV.

But then again I also voted for Obama so what the hell do I know! :blink:

• Upvote 2