Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV Tomorrow?

Jrod007

Nobody knows. Reasonable thinking:

1) This is Iraq, reasonable thinking goes out of the window.

2) Iraq has more natural resources than almost any ME country.

3) The only way to exploit those natural resources is outside investment.

4) Outside investment comes only when investors can make a profit and get paid in real money.

5) Iraq has been paying bills with dollars.

6) If Iraq does RV ( and I now think that is a BIG IF) they cannot do it for less than a 1:1 to the dollar because anything lower will cause rampant speculation on the dinar and massive inflation will occur.

7) States( US, UK, etc) that hold very large amounts of dinar will control their "cash in" rate to allow Iraq to absorb the shock.

8) Individual investorslike you and me are not even a pimple on the butt of the Iraqi dinar.

9) Entrance into the WTO requires a tradable currency? No real confirmation here one way or the other, only rumor. China belongs and their currency is not traded on the world market. Who knows.

10) Reasonable thinking (pardon) would allow that Iraq will step up and do something for the populace as far as buying power. This alone will fuel the middle class and put businesses on a solid footing. On the down side, Iraqi people have been eating for a long time, even with their worthless currency. If the politicians do not do this quickly, they will suffer the consequences.

On a side note, I was on the Adam chat last night for about 15 minutes. I know Adam does not speculate or pump, but I learned nothing new from him. I read the treasury news yesterday about the dinar and the "restrictions" on trading it. Adam basically repeated this information and that was it. He does not mention his "contact" in the CBI anymore. So Adam knows no more than you or me at this point. Not being a tax attorney, I think any tax implications or restrictions that singles out a particular segment of investor is unconstitutional. However, our "representatives" generally ignore the constitution so that argument goes out the window also. We are likely in a very long tunnel. I don't think the light we see is a train, but we are a long way from catching that baby. I hope I am wrong, I could use the money.

• Upvote 1

Given the number of times Maliki has postponed seating the last three ministers, there can be only one of two things happening: either he really is a very stupid, shortsighted person, who has no true sense of the jeopardy he is putting himself in; or (and this is my choice), he's being told to delay because all the other things that need to occur before the RV aren't yet in place. Some of the previous posts identified some of the possible reasons. I suspect there are a combination of these things, and many more, in play right now that have to mesh before they RV. We can only guess at what they all are. Unfortunately, we don't have access to reliable info, so we can do only that: guess. JMO.

The question was if it will Rv tomorrow or Monday, We have been hit with these rumors for sometime. There is rumor that it will rv tomorrow and there are rumors it will rv Monday.. I feel that it will not RV anytime soon, and my reason for this is there is too much unrest in the Middle East, .. The unrest in Egypt affects us all not just Egypt, they are a major hub for getting the oil out of Iraq. Plus there is unrest in Libya and I can't leave out the unrest here in Iraq. Please remember all of these rumors are just that. and my opinion is just my opinion, I probably don't know a damn thing but it's my opinion

All I can say is

Go Rv

God Bless America

In God We Trust.

I know for a fact that the dinar is going to RV next week---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOW,I'm using the Iraqi definition of "next week"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.It will be "soon"---again,using Iraq's definition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion.. It will certainly happen before 2052, if there are no last minute complications.....