Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

True blessing of the RV

Whenever I think about the potential RV my mind starts to wonder to all the wonderful things that could become a reality in my life. New house, new car, wonderful vacations, being able to help those less fortunate. However, I realize that the biggest blessing that will come from financial freedom will be the time I will be able to spend with my family.

Growing up I did not get to see my father very much. He worked long hours, was never home for dinner and was too tired on the weekends to do much. As a result I grew up with a void in my heart that I do not ever want my children to experience.

I want so badly to give my children the gift of me. To give them kisses as they gently wake up in the morning. To wave goodbye and make goofy faces as the school bus pulls away. To help them with their homework. To pass the salt to them at the dinner table. To laugh with them as we all cuddle together watching their favorite tv show, and to wish them sweet dreams as the sandman sweeps them off into a peaceful night of sleep.

My world will certainly be a different place when this blessing occurs. However it will be my children, I pray, that will receive the greatest blessing of all.

May God bless and watch over each and every one of us and all those that we love!

Peace

• Upvote 8

I have to say, I do love coming into DV and seeing so many more positive posts like this. So many more "thank you's" and wishes for Blessings on each other. Its a nice change to the bashing (I am guilty myself, and shame on me too)that seemed to have been breeding there for a while. The more positive posts actually help to break away from the feeling of urgency for this RV to happen. All of sudden, its not as important as it was.

Good post!

• Upvote 1

Whenever I think about the potential RV my mind starts to wonder to all the wonderful things that could become a reality in my life. New house, new car, wonderful vacations, being able to help those less fortunate. However, I realize that the biggest blessing that will come from financial freedom will be the time I will be able to spend with my family.

Growing up I did not get to see my father very much. He worked long hours, was never home for dinner and was too tired on the weekends to do much. As a result I grew up with a void in my heart that I do not ever want my children to experience.

I want so badly to give my children the gift of me. To give them kisses as they gently wake up in the morning. To wave goodbye and make goofy faces as the school bus pulls away. To help them with their homework. To pass the salt to them at the dinner table. To laugh with them as we all cuddle together watching their favorite tv show, and to wish them sweet dreams as the sandman sweeps them off into a peaceful night of sleep.

My world will certainly be a different place when this blessing occurs. However it will be my children, I pray, that will receive the greatest blessing of all.

May God bless and watch over each and every one of us and all those that we love!

I am so touched by what you just said..I to wish for this to happen, Im sure everyone of us has a story to tell...me as well..childern are a blessing and should be taken care of and Im so glad to see a dad that has the compassion to want to do so...My heart aches for the childern of Iraq and their families as well...thanks for your thoughts.....and pray this is almost done.. :)

Peace

Edited by littlesam
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Peace

Great post. I was fortunate enough to have my parents' presence almost constantly when I was a child/adolescent and I realized through the years how that has been a true blessing in my life. Their genuine Love, their simple basic no-nonsense teachings of integrity and honesty and many other things.......... I owe them all of that and lots more..... I thought of all this when I lost my Father in 1991. He was only 67 and was a very Good Man with a great Heart... I was 34 and that was the absolutely greatest disgrace and shock which hit me in my entire Life so far ( and that wasn't a piece of cake either, I mean, but nothing compared to the unbearable pain I felt about my loss). My mother got to live a few more years thanks to Fate..

I still miss both of them immensely and am still grateful and always will be for them being there for me every day of their Life.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Awsome post.. I would also like to spend more time with my son,, right now being in Iraq because of the employment or lack of in the USA, I have to work over here and my son is without his dad . And for that I am asking my son to forgive me. I miss hanging with him on the deck and watching the deer, or kayaking, camping, sitting at the dinner table and talking about school, all sorts of stuff we did together. :( .. It sucks over here ........... Please Rv soon

Go Rv

God Bless America

In God We Trust

Awsome post.. I would also like to spend more time with my son,, right now being in Iraq because of the employment or lack of in the USA, I have to work over here and my son is without his dad . And for that I am asking my son to forgive me. I miss hanging with him on the deck and watching the deer, or kayaking, camping, sitting at the dinner table and talking about school, all sorts of stuff we did together. :( .. It sucks over here ........... Please Rv soon

Go Rv

God Bless America

In God We Trust

Firefighter, It breaks my heart for you to be apart from your son but I do know for certain he is a very blessed little young man. Your son has a dad that can express how he feels even though being together is the one thing that you two dont have. Lift your eyes to the heavens and know that special someone is always with you...your son. Miracles happen everyday some we dont understand but some we do..Childern are very forgiving and with a father that can always tell them why or what fors is truly a miracle..bottom line never forget to say to him I Love You..