Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

new treas regs for cash in

blueskygal

Please forgive my "newbieness."

My wife and I were talking about the changes of the rules and she asked a question that stunned me.

She asked if they are making such a quick change in the rules, do they know something is getting ready to come down the pike as far as the rv is concerned?

I thought it was a good question. Any help would be appreciated.

• Upvote 3

My wife and I were talking about the changes of the rules and she asked a question that stunned me.

She asked if they are making such a quick change in the rules, do they know something is getting ready to come down the pike as far as the rv is concerned?

I don't think anyone can honestly answer that, but it would sure appear they are getting ready for something!!!!! GO RV!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I called - had to leave a message...then went to irs site looking for dinar regs and saw this...

U.S. Army Major Sentenced to 21 Months in Prison for False Statements Charge Related to Attempt to Smuggle Currency from Iraq to the United States

On October 8, 2010, in Memphis, Tenn., U.S. Army Major Charles Sublett was sentenced to 21 months in prison, two years of supervised release and ordered to forfeit $107,900 and 17,120,000 Iraqi dinar for smuggling more than $100,000 in currency from Iraq. According to court documents, Sublett was deployed to Balad Regional Contracting Center on Logistical support Area (LSA) Anaconda in Iraq from August 2004 through February 2005. LSA Anaconda is a U.S. military installation that was established in 2003 to support U.S. military operations in Iraq. According to the indictment, Sublett served as a contracting officer while deployed to LSA Anaconda. As a contracting officer, Sublett was responsible for, among other things, evaluating and supervising contracts with companies that provide goods and services to the U.S. Army. Sublett admitted that, on January 11, 2005, he sent a package from Balad, Iraq, to Killeen, Texas, which was seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Memphis. Sublett admitted that, on the international air waybill, he falsely described the contents of the package as books, papers, a jewelry box and clothes with a total declared customs value of $140 when, in fact, Sublett knew the package contained $107,900 in U.S. currency and 17,120,000 in Iraqi dinar. Sublett also admitted that he failed to file a currency or monetary instruments transaction report (CMIR) as required by federal law when transporting currency in amounts of more than $10,000 into or out of the United States. During the plea hearing, Sublett admitted to making false claims to investigators regarding his attempt to bring the currency into the United States in an effort to impede their investigation.

nuts nuts

Well... This bothers me! How is it to affect me as I got my Dinar from Camp Anaconda as well. I have no where near what this guy was caught doing. I never had any more than 1500 dollars worth and it was exchanged thru the locals. Does this mean that I will not be able to cash in once an RV happens??? I thought we were protected and allowed to own it? Is this guy in trouble for sending out Dinar or more for lying about his package contents? Please help me out if possible. Sure was hoping to cash out on all these bad dreams I keep and be able to make up for all my kids have been through. God Bless

I think this is the best news yet as far as saying that there's something coming.

If anyone had any question that this was actually happening should be able to put thier concerns to rest. I doubt that the Treasury would be too concerned about something that was not going to happen.

EXACTLY! WHY all of a suddent implement new regs regarding dinar if its worthless???

Well... This bothers me! How is it to affect me as I got my Dinar from Camp Anaconda as well. I have no where near what this guy was caught doing. I never had any more than 1500 dollars worth and it was exchanged thru the locals. Does this mean that I will not be able to cash in once an RV happens??? I thought we were protected and allowed to own it? Is this guy in trouble for sending out Dinar or more for lying about his package contents? Please help me out if possible. Sure was hoping to cash out on all these bad dreams I keep and be able to make up for all my kids have been through. God Bless

I think this is the best news yet as far as saying that there's something coming.

I dunno about you guys but I wanna go to CLUB MED not CLUB FED

Breeze sorry didnt mean to alarm anyone - I was just pointing out that lying about what is in your shipment can and will get you in trouble - yes he is in trouble for mistating the content of his shipment plus they seized all the FRNs (federal reserve notes) and the dinar from him - THAT SUCKS BIG TIME plus he got 21 months in jail to boot - SUCKS EVEN MORE

Breeze,

He got caught for NOT informing the Gov't that he was bringing in (mailing, FED offense) more than $10,000 in currency (IQD or USD), but you shouldn't worry, WE are allowed to own it and you will have no problems cashing in. :D

Breeze,

He got caught for NOT informing the Gov't that he was bringing in (mailing, FED offense) more than $10,000 in currency (IQD or USD), but you shouldn't worry, WE are allowed to own it and you will have no problems cashing in. :D

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't have any records of the transactions, just the money itself. That wouldn't cause me a problem would it? I mean as long as it's not counterfiet and I didn't steal it right?

I blamed the Tea Party folks for this who been advocating cut, cut & cut without reaching out at all for the top 1% of the millionaires. The burdens have been too much for the Middle-class to carry in this Country for too long. Ha ha, the chickens have come home to roust.

Sounds like you will enjoy paying your high taxes on this investment then.

btw: to roost is different than to roust.

Edited by cgbrown
  • Upvote 3

Breeze,

SO THE DEALERS WE BUY FROM,ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE TO REPORT IT...RIGHT?

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't have any records of the transactions, just the money itself. That wouldn't cause me a problem would it? I mean as long as it's not counterfiet and I didn't steal it right?

Can you private message me? Got a question and solution.

SO THE DEALERS WE BUY FROM,ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE TO REPORT IT...RIGHT?

Yes :)

Well looks like this is crazy!!!

this was on dinarbanker

Please note new regulations on exchanging Iraqi Dinar:

5. ledger to ledger transfers / Internal transfers will not be allowed due to US Treasury Department restrictions.

6. Per US Treasury Department directives, wires can only be sent to the individual exchanging the dinar and the account must be in that person's name. - WHAT? U CANNOT WIRE TO CORPORATE?

7. Per US Treasury Department directives, wires can only be sent internationally if the individual making the exchange is a citizen of that country and the account is in the customer's name.

8. Exchanges to trusts must be initiated by the beneficiary of the trust.- WHAT??? THE TRUSTEE WITH THE CONTROL CANNOT DO THE WIRE??? RIDICULOUS

9. Per US Treasury Department directives, dinar exchanges must convert to US dollars in the customer's name prior to any purchase of precious metals or other commodities. THIS MEANS PAY TAX FIRST AND THEN BUY GOLD SILVER- NO 1031 like kind exchanges

Well guess this is what a broke government does to raise funds :shakehead:

Uh excuse me sir, my 5 year old does not have ID but is a beneficiary - cant write or read yet - is this ok???? hilarious

From those wonderful folks that brought you the U.S. Postal System. If it ain't broke, they'll break it.!

Edited by Captjohn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree, you sit on your smug A$$ and lob volleys at those of us that have taken the time to serve and ensure your rights to be an IDIOT! I fought and lived by phrases like "Death Before Dishonor" probably outside the realm of your vocabulary or Guts, for some of us it is a creed to live and die by. You DAMN right I protest and speak up about things with our government that are dead wrong and daily robbing us of our basic rights and freedoms that were promised in the constitution. You make me sick. JMO FFS. Peace.

lol tell'em what you really think! Amen brother!

• Upvote 3

lol tell'em what you really think! Amen brother!

ROFL....my bad? Can you tell the passion that went into that? Somethings I just will not let slide under the RADAR. We all have the right to an opinion, but not to speak lies and trash. The Tea Party had nothing to do with any of this, no this started over 30 yrs ago with bad foreign policy and poor financial constraints compounded onto each other. IMO Myself included we should ALL be ashamed as Americans for how we have let our beautiful country slip into the night unseen only a vague memory of ounce great fullness, a symbol ounce of Power and commanding respect finally a symbol to the world for FREEDOM! In the service when I was in Frankfurt Germany President Reagan was arriving on Airforce One, some of the people I spoke with had been waiting 2 days! Just to get a look at the symbol of Freedom, little American flags in hand waving and cheering. Sadly that is gone. JMO. Peace.

• Upvote 11

no way - this stuff just came down to DB today and they dont even know what to do with it...they dont even know what to say BUT I will say this...why are corps not allowed to cash in??? hmmm we need to reread the Executive order to see whether or not citizens were allowed to buy but NOT corps

I cannot even get ahold of the actual REGS!!!!

maybe we can assign our tax and transaction to the corp or trust via IRS forms...i have to find the forms

PIF dont pay tax perpetuity

I'm not sure why so many thought that they wouldn't, or shouldn't, pay taxes on their investment. If this hits like we all hope, surely paying some taxes is to be expected. Personally, it sounds like a good problem to me, I'll pay my taxes happily.

I learned a long time ago not to mess with the IRS. If you hit it big and try to avoid (not minimize, not the same thing) the tax, then you are an idiot. A greedy idiot.

I take this as a sign of good things to come: RV, pay my taxes, moving on to a new phase of my life (knowing I have nothing to run from).

FM

I don't think that is what people are saying, I think it's more the deception that is the issue here.

Everyone will gladly pay their fair share of taxes.No one that I know on here is trying to get out of that, just find it a little peculiar that suddenly all the rules are changing, and they just happen to be to our disadvantage.

Sounds like you will enjoy paying your high taxes on this investment then.

btw: to roost is different than to roust.

HAHAHAHAHA oh the Ironing!!!!!! ......................I mean IRONY! :lol: :lol:

Edited by Teresa82
  • Upvote 2