Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will present his candidates

Security Candidates Tomorrow Before House of Representatives .. Maliki and the Absence of Full Compatibility Risk

On: Wednesday 09/03/2011 10:00

Baghdad / Hisham Rikabi

Revealed, government sources, particularly as Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will present his candidates for the positions of security in the parliament session for tomorrow, Thursday. The source, who preferred not to be named, said Maliki would present two names for each security position, and it will be up to Parliament to choose from wish granting trusted him.

For its part, political sources have predicted that the al-Maliki will go to Parliament tomorrow, these names without having achieved a consensus among partners on a number of them.

Some of the media revealed yesterday that the determination of al-Maliki to submit three candidates for the Ministry of the Interior to the House of Representatives to vote for them on Thursday, and they are the commander of the former Iraqi Lieutenant General Abboud Qanbar, and the Inspector-General of the Ministry of Interior Aqeel Turaihi, and National Congress leader Ahmed Chalabi.

He became prominent names of the Inspector General at the Interior Ministry Aqeel Turaihi and proxy Senior Ministry of Adnan al-Asadi in the period the last few candidates for the office of the Ministry of the Interior, but according to political sources, these two names did not receive a conviction Maliki full, as well as a reservation to them of some of the political blocs, most notably Iraq.

But the coalition of Kurdish blocs revealed on Tuesday, according to the report published by Kurdish news agency, revealed that al-Maliki will be in Thursday's session ten candidates for the posts of defense, interior and national security and intelligence.

A spokesman for the coalition supporter that good intelligence "would be the share of the Kurdistan Democratic Party."

The good that the "Islamic Supreme Council, the Sadrists and the Iraqi List, will not vote on the names to be provided by al-Maliki because of the absence of political consensus," he says.

The Iraqi List, made during the past period of five candidates for the defense portfolio, but has not until now received a response from the prime minister of candidates.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http://almadapaper.net/&sl=ar&tl=en&history_state0=

• Upvote 3

Iraq plans to name key security, planning ministers tomorrow

PUKmedia 2011-03-09 18:40:57

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will name key security ministers tomorrow

and announce economic measures in response to protests over living standards, a

member of his parliamentary coalition said.

Al-Maliki will present his candidates for the defense, interior and national

security ministries to parliament, Ali Shalah said in a telephone interview

from Baghdad. The premier will also ask lawmakers to endorse his candidate for

the planning ministry, and announce “his vision for economic reform in light of

the demonstrations in Iraq for better services,” Shalah said, without

identifying any of the nominees.

Al-Maliki had left key ministerial slots vacant when he formed his government

in December because of disagreements among the country’s political groups.

Before that, Iraqi leaders had been wrangling over a power-sharing formula for

nine months following inconclusive parliamentary elections last March.

Tensions persist as Al-Maliki’s main political rival, former Prime Minister

Ayad Allawi, accused the premier of failing to uphold his vow to share power in

the unity coalition. Allawi said March 3 that he no longer wants to head a

National Strategic Policy Council, which was due to be created for him as part

of the deal that led to the government’s formation.

Iraqis across the country have held street rallies in recent weeks calling for

greater accountability from politicians and better services, and several people

have died in clashes with security forces. Al-Maliki responded by redirecting

$900 million from a jet-fighter program to increase food subsidies. The Cabinet

also presented a bill to parliament to reduce government wages.

Source : Bloomberg Web Site

http://www.pukmedia.com/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7028:iraq-plans-to-name-key-security-planning-ministers-tomorrow&catid=25:iraq&Itemid=386

• Upvote 6

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will name key security ministers tomorrow and announce economic measures

It sounds like this will be a good week for us! Thanks for the article.

Those are all of the remaining positions, right?

NO! Recent reports from the GOI indicate that all state workers must be appointed, garbage men, Janitors, power plant operators, sewage treatment plant employees, Oil workers, Cooks, buss boys, postal workers and the rest before the RV can take place....what did I miss? I'm just covering all the gurus in the Rumors section.......key note: I did not mention the rate .2000 awaiting date information..... I think I need medication? OK now BASH MY SMART A$$.

I've lost track...are ALL of the required seats going to be finally filled and CONFIRMED by a recognized source? These positions seem to be reported as filled and then waiting to be filled over and over every other day. Guess we'll have to wait for tomorrow. Perhaps if it gets reported in the Iraqi Gazette THEN it will be a done deal...as long as the creek--make that the Tigris River--don't rise and ...

I was wondering if you were going to get up off the floor after yesterday. How's your head?

Hurts to beat Hell. I'm adding a seat belt to my chair and have begun wearing my hockey helmet and as an added backup I asked the short bus driver to remain close by in case I have another episode.....SIGH. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Along the same lines:

Prime Minister Maliki is planning to name key security ministers and his plans for economic reform tomorrow in response to the protests by the Iraqi people. Maliki will name candidates for the defense, interior and national security posts in his cabinets. These are extremely important posts as security is a major concern in Iraq as it affects political and economic relationships, domestic stability and the dinar. Maliki's candidates must have the experience and broad appeal to gain favor from parliament, who will endorse or reject his appointments. These posts have been vacant or occupied by Maliki himself since forming a government in December. It is unclear what the delay was, but these announcements will be met with eagerness as these positions yield a lot of power and will work intimately with Maliki. In addition, the recent protests also adds emphasis to these decisions.

For the dinar these security ministers are a very important piece. These ministers will need to restore confidence in the global community that Iraq is stable and has a handle over its domestic matters. The value of the dinar is affected by this confidence and these next ministers must make it a priority. Furthermore, these ministers must gain the trust of the Iraqi people as these protests have shown how wary Iraqi citizens are of their own government.

The announcement of Maliki's plan to move Iraq forwardly economically is also met with anticipation. Maliki must address what is at the root of the protests - the lack of reliable government services. There is still no reliable electricity, Iraq's unemployment rate is around 15% and the citizens do not trust that the government has their best interests at hand. This is Maliki's opportunity to address these concerns. How will the citizens respond? Will they be appeased? Will they believe Maliki? These announcements will be critical in resolving the current situation. Iraqi citizens must also be willing to listen, both parties must work together to resolve these issues and move Iraq forward.

from: http://dinarprofits.com/maliki-to-announce-ministers-tomorrow/

NO! Recent reports from the GOI indicate that all state workers must be appointed, garbage men, Janitors, power plant operators, sewage treatment plant employees, Oil workers, Cooks, buss boys, postal workers and the rest before the RV can take place....what did I miss? I'm just covering all the gurus in the Rumors section.......key note: I did not mention the rate .2000 awaiting date information..... I think I need medication? OK now BASH MY SMART A$$.

:lol::lol::lol: Oh that was funny!! Still LOL. :lol: