Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

March 5, 6 & 7 - Days of Fasting and Prayer

March 5, 6, 7 – Days of Fasting and Prayer

I was thinking about the Iraqi people, the world and the role of God, who overrules in the affairs of men. Depending on one’s religious convictions, this coming Friday, Saturday or Sunday would be the first Sabbath day of the month of March.

I was thinking that if on one of those days, we all combined our prayers, and if we fasted for at least 24 hours from food and drink, when health permits, petitioning God to bless the people of Iraq and the world, asking that if it is right according to his tender mercies for his children that the RV occur as soon as possible, we might have influence on our Creator in this matter.

We are taught in scripture that the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much and that God is influenced by our petitions, and that fasting is the most powerful tool that we can add to our prayers – to influence his power to be manifest in behalf of his children. Fasting is indeed a sacrifice and sacrifice brings forth blessings. Fasting and praying is a way of humbly acknowledging our dependence on God for everything. I believe it would not be displeasing to God if we did this and would be answered with a blessing from God. I believe that the delay in the RV is through the influence of Satan and that Satan is pleased by the continuing suffering of the Iraqi people. The scriptures teach us that at times the influence of Satan “goeth not out except by prayer and fasting”.

I would further suggest that each one of us who thus fasts and prays for the blessings of God in these important matters, also search his/her heart, and find areas in his/her life that ought be repented of, i.e. areas in which we can turn to God better than we have been doing. I suggest that we make covenants with our God to do better. It is my belief that nothing pleases God more than our turning our hearts over to Him so that he can make more effective use of us in His work of salvation, and so that we can return one day to inherit a forever blessing at his hand.

We could discuss the roles of governments made of men forever in these matters. But, I believe firmly that God is the more important player in all the matters of earth life.

So, I invite you to please join with me this coming weekend on the day you observe the Sabbath and let us pray and fast with all our hearts for God’s intervening in the affairs of men to happen, for his overruling the power of Satan in these matters, always according to his omniscient will for all his people.

Sincerely,

John Hogan

• Upvote 3

This is the key!!!! So many times when I've needed answers to life's most difficult question and struggles

A day of Fasting and Prayer would bring the answers. If you are a believer regardless of how close you are to God

This will bring answers and the answers may not come just as we ask but there will be an understanding for what you need.

Ultimately Gods blessings are the answer so God bless the Iraqi people get them strength and peace

and bless this country financially. I stand on the promise You God cannot fail. We are your children

let us be a blessing to others and may You reign as the Sovereign God you are number one!

God bless the Dinar just as you blessed multitude on that mountain side and broke the few loaves of bread and fish,

fed your multitude of people and at the end of the day there were 12 baskets full of leftovers.

Lord you are the answer!

I pledge my life to you! God bless us all.

• Upvote 1

John, you're faith is overwhelming. I pray everyday that God would give me, this steadfast obedience to Him and His Word.

As of late, I personally have resigned myself from praying for a RV, but have searched my heart as to "why" I wanted this to happen. What I have found, of course, is that my heart is still and always will be "pulled" by the evils of this world. My prayer now is that our Lord's will be done as He planned everything before He laid His foundation.

In other word, I have put it all in His Hands & He has blessed me with His everloving peace that can only be found in Him.

Your post has certainly stirred me. I know all that you have said is so. I know this will be on my mind all day and when I lay down tonight. Again, I will put this in Gods' Hands.

I thank you and the many others on this site that continue to be a blessing to me everyday.

• Upvote 2

John, thank you for the post. I agree with what you have said. I cannot fast due to diabetes and other health conditions but I hope for the best to all who read and decide to join you. God Bless

Fasting isn't only for food and drink, you can also fast from TV or doing without something else that you enjoy, such as Coffee or Tea, or Sugar Free Ice Cream or spend an extra hour reading Scriptures. The point is to show God that you are making a sacrifice to him. I'm sure you can think of something that you do on a daily basis that you like that you can do without.

God Bless

• Upvote 1

:twocents: Where 2 or 3 agree together the Lord will meet us there.

I love this thread its been a blessing to see other believers stepping up

and putting this into perspective. Its all about you Lord now what can I do for you.

We are not in the same places but God is omnipresent He is everywhere and this binds us together. :D

• Upvote 2

I'm with you John. I KNOW Prayer works!!!! I have a 27 yr old daughter, who at age 17 was diagnosed with Systematic Lupus. My dad had died with Lupus when I was 14 so I was well aware of what was to come. My daughter was a tiny person so it hit her system hard & fast...See lost a lot of eye sight, her joints were inflamed all the time, her internal organs began to have problems and she was about to be placed on a transplant list. Every time we would go to her doctor's they would chew me out and tell me that she had to start to except reality. (Because she would have a smile on her face and tell them that God had plans for her life & she would not have this her entire life). She would lie in her bed in the same position for hours due to the pain of moving, I would go in her room and ask if she needed anything, Her reply, "No mom I'm just talking to God" I would go out of her room out of her sight and cry. We think we are placed on this earth to teach our children things, but I learned the biggest lesson in faith from my child. She suffered 3 long years, Her dad could not hug her because it hurt to bad. She was a senior in high school, I either had to take her and wait outside until she had had enough and needed to go home or I would have to go outside and get her out of her car if she did drive to school, because she couldn't make it into the house.

One day in and instant, she received her eye sight back and all symptoms were gone...We took her back to her doctor...They ran test after test (now those test have been run 4 times) and she was better than anyone who had never had lupus!!!! Her doctor's cried and said baby you got that miracle. One doctor even called her to pray when his wife became sick.

I had never seen or heard on this kind of thing happening...not a total healing...and I had been a christian since my teen years. But, it did happen, and since I have been told of hundreds of recorded

heeling's. So like I said "I KNOW PRAYER WORKS"!!!!!

So count me in, I will Pray & fast with you!!

• Upvote 4

Amen brother!

Thank you for sticking your neck out here as a newbie and declaring your faith and asking us all to share in the fast and prayer. Faith will bring you through it and I have had my fair share of travesty to deal with yet faith in Him has always always provided me what I need. GBU!

:tiphat:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1