Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV Sunday

labdog

this is some BS if they RV low enough what will happen then will many people buy up all the dinar even mre knowing it has started to move they know its gonna just go up so i dont believe this, they will RV at a decent rate first then have a managed float from there this is way off!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I don't see why they would RV low because even if it jumps to .01 that's a huge increase so then you could cash in and buy more than you originally had and keep making more money that way... not to mention the fat cats would be all over that

IMHO,

For Iraq to RV at less than a dollar is a foolish move second to taking so long to RV in the first place. Remember that other, and much more financially capable, investors have a lot more capital than we do. RVing at a too low a rate would only cause them to convert their capital to dinar and wait. It's been almost three months since Iraq had the majority of the sanctions lifted and various news outlets began to make comments on Iraq. I may be off but I do believe that a fiscal quarter is three months. The unrest in the Middle East is growing and spreading, IMF and other global instituitions are refining their processes and "cutting excess" where they can to find more capital, speculations of the IMF introducing the Bancor (a currency that will be globally recognized and tradeable) is to happen this month, the Arab League Summit is this month, Iraq's petition to join, and be accepted to, the WTO is supposed to happen this month. Nobody is lending to Iraq any more, contracts are to be paid this month using the dinar. Maliki's pledge for reformation, the Iraqi's discontent with their current standard of living. It would seem to me that the best way for Iraq to maximize profits and avoid indebtedness to the world would be an RV in the 1.75 - 2.25USD range. I suspect that March will be a very telling month for all. This long ride is soon to be over. Soon is in comparison to the years it took for Iraq to get to this point.

• Upvote 1

yeah I don't see why they would RV low because even if it jumps to .01 that's a huge increase so then you could cash in and buy more than you originally had and keep making more money that way... not to mention the fat cats would be all over that

This post does not make sense, how would someone cash in at .01 only to buy more? They are going to sell all dinars for the .01 but would have to pay .015 or more to get them back so no one would be able to sell in order to buy more because they would have to pay more to get back the same amount they already had. So therefore this way of thinking is not probable.

• Upvote 2

:angry:

CRAP.... ALL CRAP....

:D

Agree, I don't think it can RV that low out of the shoot. My speculation would be that I don't think their economy can support anything over about $1.00 US, but I would guess between $0.10 and $0.50 US for an initial RV. Though, there are those that also speculate that if it comes in THAT low then BIG $$$ players (like Soros, et.al.) could buy a country for cheap... Who knows? I certainly don't. just speculatin'...

:D

Edited by BadCobra
  • Upvote 1

LOL funny how last year and the beginning of this year all you saw was over $3.00 RV speculations. Now I'm seeing folks talk about $0.10? Get out of hear! People are saying .10 Cents because Ali allegedly said .10 Cents. What ever happened to sticking to your guns? General Electric and other companies will not work in Iraq for a dinars worth .10 cents. I'm still going to stick with $2.70 -$2.80, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Interesting thread for DV...

So a few observations....

RV coming in low is a relative term. I have believed from the beginning that the RV will come in low. What is low is really THE question.

If you think about this relative to the US Dollar, if you have been paying attention, you will have noticed because of our current situation with the Fed printing and circulating money like drunken sorority girls with their daddies credit cards and the governments propensity to continue spending money they don't have and creating an entitlement class that is the fastest growing class in the USA, you will recognize the US Dollar is in a tail spin.

So when the RV occurs, if you are planning to exchange your Dinar for USD think about what you are getting? You can look for statistics regarding the value of the USD but it has dropped dramatically in the past 20 years.

Why the dissertation on the devaluing dollar? Because a LOW RV against a weak dollar still means a fairly decent number.

In my humble opinion, the true value of the Dinar belongs between 3 to 5. Once they are up and running again and their infrastructure is in place and the people are working and they are discovering even more oil and other natural resources, they will be one of the most wealthy nations in the world. Certainly the hub of the ME as others have also stated here.

Therefore, I truly believe we will see a LOW RV (Relatively speaking) come out between 1 to 2. This is really low but will pull in the majority of the Large denoms.

So if the big dogs want to come in and buy a million Dinar for a million or two, let em. Things can happen and do happen in the ME and there is always risk in investing in currency...

There you have it.

• Upvote 1

Well, my friend (who got me into this over two years ago, which sort of makes me a newbie still) and I have been speculating that this may very well come in initially at around $0.10 (to maybe $1.00 US) for over a year now. I have other posts where I laid out that speculative thought. In my case I had no earthly idea what Ali said, nor do I much care. And for the record (again) I absolutely hope YOU are right and I am wrong. Why wouldn't I want it to come out as high as possible?

Cheers! :D

• Upvote 1

Yes you are right, I did spell deposit incorrectly. I am amazed that no one noticed more errors in my spelling :lol:

I guess spellcheck is a good tool after all and too bad it isn't available here! :lol: Great sense of humor or are you

from Canada? Humour! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Im beginning to enjoy all your posts labdog!! Most of them make me laugh. I agree with your statement to begin this topic. I think it will start low and those of us who wait, will reap the reward. Just my thinking.

this is some BS if they RV low enough what will happen then will many people buy up all the dinar even mre knowing it has started to move they know its gonna just go up so i dont believe this, they will RV at a decent rate first then have a managed float from there this is way off!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with that. It is like buying etf. If it comes out at say .50 cents, then everyone would be smart to buy or trade dollars for dinar. Then watch it go up from there. If it comes out higher than one usd, less people will trade dollars for dinar.

Please remember there will probably be a very limited time to cash in. Especially if you are holding 25000 Dinar bills. I personally expect the initial RV will be rather high to give Iraq a good boast on their way to rebuild their infrastructure!

• Upvote 2

This thread as was started is not BS. It makes total sense. Basically, what this says is that they are just going to make it tradeable on the open market - open it up to trade at it's current rate as .001 is basically the same as it's current rate of .00085 - so that is not an RV which is okay with me. IMO, let free markets drive the price. Let's just get this darned currency tradeable. Get it on the Forex. Open up for business! The budget requires it. Entry into the WTO as a full fledged member requires it.

And that's all they need to do to become full fledged WTO members is have a tradeable currency. Nowhere does it say they need to make anyone a millionaire.

You see, all they need to do is make the currency tradeable so they can open up the oil markets to become full fledge WTO members. It doesn't matter what the rate is as long as it's tradeable. The market will tick it up - I mean damn, it's so low. Afghanistan is like .025 and what the hell do they got, mud huts and opium? So relax everyone. If you are a true capitalist and believe in true open free markets you will feel comfortable seeing the currency on the exchange and freely tradeable without a ridiculous overnight $3.22 value RV.

And as the currency trickles in, and the big bills are taken out of circulation, and the smaller bills are slowly introduced, the total dollar amount of currency in circulation will shrink which will drive the price up on it's own.

And to control the volatility all the CBI needs to do is stop the wholesale auction of currency to speculators and not print anymore and restrict currency speculation in existing reserves only. And if the rate goes nuts, remember, they can always manually devalue and/or freeze the rate at anytime and control the up-tick rate. These two things alone would eliminate speculators form driving the currency rate and allow the free market based on their economy and GDP to drive the price of the dinar. The impact and cash-out by investors will be slow and manageable. Then, yes, they possibly open it back to unbridled speculation after a certain amount of the currency has been cashed in and the oil revenue is flowing which would get the currency to the rate the free market sees it fit to be at.

This is a long term investment. This will take time. For everyone hoping for overnight millions... reality check. It's not going to happen.

But, I can see easily how in little time the currency could be at .01 USD on it's own, maybe overnight, without an orchestrated RV. And how much would that improve the lives of the Iraq citizens if their money was now worth ten times more? They would celebrate in the streets. And how quickly would we see people here in the west running to the banks like wild banshees so they can go sit on the beach or save their house from foreclosure - even at one penny it will be mayhem.

And if there is a manual RV for the citizens, I see no more than .01 to the USD, even .005 USD. Again the citizens would go berserk over this. At minimum their money value would double. If that happened here, US citizens would go nuts also.

Remember, celebration can be as bad as riots; buildings and cars still burn - just think of how many Super Bowl celebrations go awry. Iraq needs to keep the people a "little" motivated... they have allot of work to do. So fill their wallets slowly. And keep them busy. Just like Uncle Sam does here in the good ole' USA.

This is just my common sense 23.529 dinars worth (2 cents USD).

Edited by sol37

Thing is though... as the value increases from where it is now .00086, what happens when it gets to .05, .10, .25, etc... at some point having a 25,000 bill will not make sense... and a smaller denom bill will need to be introduced. The question in this scenario is "when?". Because of this reason, I dont believe it will just open for trade at the current value. It may not be a high RV, but along with a RV and trade-able currency, new bills will have to be introduced. So maybe a $.25 RV, new small bills, removal of larger ones, and now available on forex

Thing is though... as the value increases from where it is now .00086, what happens when it gets to .05, .10, .25, etc... at some point having a 25,000 bill will not make sense... and a smaller denom bill will need to be introduced. The question in this scenario is "when?". Because of this reason, I dont believe it will just open for trade at the current value. It may not be a high RV, but along with a RV and trade-able currency, new bills will have to be introduced. So maybe a $.25 RV, new small bills, removal of larger ones, and now available on forex

.25 is a high amount yet very plausible if they manually tick-it up. Everyone will be rich with that. I think that the RV will occur, if ever, when the CBI stops auctioning off IQD and starts buying some of it back; incremental RV at preset rates and volumes.

Thanks for the posts both of you. Thank god you didn't spell anything wrong.......

Thanks for the posts both of you. Thank god you didn't spell anything wrong.......

sure I'll here about my double post

great philosophers often repeat themselves.

great philosophers often repeat themselves.biggrin.gif

I have been notified by friends Abida and Farrah at an Iraqi Bank that the CBI is working on the

RV this week end. Many, like my friends believe that this is only the first RV to take place in the

next few years. The Dinar may RV more than once to spread the impact of exchange and control

the volotility at the same time. My sources say that the Dinar will likely come out with a low RV

and mark up from there as it trades on the Forex. Trading on the Forex will happen after the IMF

accepts the currency as tradeable and in fact confirms Iraq's place in the oil trade within the

middle east. This will all happen relatively quickly but will occur in stages and may take weeks

to finalize. I was also told by Abida to hang on to my dinars as the other traders will be in line to

cash in there holdings when the RV happens. His advice to me is to simply place the currency

into a secure holding or safety deposite box for 2 to 6 month's after the RV to take advantage

of the Mark up. Then he would expect me to exchange 30% and continue holding the balance

for at least another year. When this all happens the selling of dinar on line will adjust to a

complete stop as people start cashing in. The cashing in will hold the value of exchange low

until the public has sold out. That's when the mark up will really move.

I hope more of the same information comes forward. Go RV :)

hah its Monday