Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV Sunday

labdog

"your" should be spelled "you're".

Thanks for the post, labdog. I always have my doubts about anybody in a bank having reliable information for us, but if this is true it's good news. At .01 I would sell enough to cover my initial investment and then wait for the subsequent increases for my profits. Adam said he couldn't see it coming out at less than a penny so the .001 is questionable IMO. We'll see. At least you're not predicting $5.27.

Great Point Mr Rich & I would have to agree with your wink.gif same strategy, thanks for yourtongue.gif insight..

Thank you all for yourwink.gif posts!! LOL, everyone knows guys could care less about grammar,, that's what secretaries are for... laugh.gif jkjkjk BTW, I am a true dyslexic, so I would have a better excuse than most, but my wife loves to correct me... ALL GOOD!!! GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

All depends on the variables set. If it's a managed float, one with a cap, this will make me very unhappy. If it comes in on a non-managed float, it will go over $3 within a day... watch... if it hits $4 + I'm locking in and scheduling that appointment. I just can't accept it coming in under its past RI rate, but what do I know... I'm sceptical, but am expecting big things after this wait. I guess how they bring it in will decide how I go about cashing in.(i.e., all at once, or a little at a time.) I'm just ready to see some movement! Hope you're info is correct on movement... GO RI/RV! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I love the rumor but would like to point out some misconceptions. Ive read literally hundreds of post regarding Kuwaits "rv" yet nobody seems to know exactly what happened. Ive read and heard people claim first hand accounts of what went down in Kuwait and often their stories are not similar. Some honest sounding people who claim to have made money on Kuwait talk about how volatile their exchange rate was for a while. From I have read though that just wasnt the case. In fact Kuwait never really even "rv'd" their currency. They were invaded and had their gold and currency reserves raided. The banks were shut down for less then two years while nobody knew what would happen with the Kuwait dinar. In March of 91 their banks reopened and announced that they would issue a new currency and accept the old currency for a little over a month at an exchange rate of one to one as long as the serial numbers werent on their list of stolen currency. The rate was set at 3.47 and was pegged to the dollar, allowed only to float a few % points up or down. They have since reissued again and are now pegged to a basket of currencies. Here is an article from the NY times from the day after Kuwait announced their plan http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html . I admit I did not have first hand experience with the release of the new Kuwaiti dinar in 91 as I was studying it in social studies class and brown bagging my lunch at the time since I didnt have 2 bucks for hot lunch. If I am wrong I apologize but I have never seen anyone post an article or graph showing that the Kuwait dinar fluctuated greatly in 91.

Regarding what the rate will be in Iraq I believe its anyones guess. Scooter has done the most work I have seen to come up with an educated guess but its really still very much a guess. People use the budget to justify just about any and every number. Some talk about inflation and how it will limit the new rate. Inflation can be viewed from a few different perspectives. On one hand things that cost now several thousand dinars cost less then one dinar 20 years ago so that is one form and in that regard they are suffering badly from inflation now. If they drastically rv to a dime, buck, or three those same things will be back to costing just a few dinars which is in a sense the opposite of inflation. I think what people are concerned with when they say the rv must be low is if the money supply is so big, with a big rv, people will quickly start charging a great deal more for things then they should and the over all money supply will drive down the value of the dinar. Whether or not they increase the value 100 times or 300,000 times it will be a unique event and take several different factors to manage the impact it has on inflation not just in Iraq but the entire world. How quickly their government and all governments around the world take the old dinar out of circulation I would think would be a huge factor in allowing them to shrink their money supply and thus manage inflation. Well, at least their money supply that isnt held by governments which will be used as reserves for the various super powers, mostly us, or leveraged for oil. Keep in mind also that there are places like Abu Dhabi in the UAE where half a million people live and the AVERAGE net worth of a citizen is 17 million dollars. So wealthy people in the mid east is nothing new. Ok thats enough, I drank a stong belgian beer tonight which apparently made me chatty. Good night.

• Upvote 8

Thanks for the posts both of you. Thank god you didn't spell anything wrong.......

Thanks for the posts both of you. Thank god you didn't spell anything wrong.......

sure I'll here about my double post

Nothing wrong with the double posts....But you DID spell something wrong... :P I wonder if you will HEAR about it HERE...

• Upvote 3

I have been speaking with some high ranking officers here in Iraq and they told me that when the Dinar rv's it will start out at a low rate. Iraq would like to get most of their dinar back at the low rate, and it will rv again at a higher rate and rv again and keep rving till it reaches it's rate which Iraq would be able to keep the rate and not drop in value.. They said that they believe it will start out at .38 per dinar which if you have 1 million dinar it would be worth 380,000 dollars which isn't too bad. I figure I will cash out most at the lower rate and save a small chunk for when it goes higher,, ( just a small chunk ) I am not questioning anybody's rate this is what I hear, everything is just a rumor till it happens.

Go Rv

IN GOD WE TRUST

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Edited by firefighter_218546
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think kwatti did a dime as first RV!! I hope for lop of .85 and the grow from there!!

Assuming you meant Kuwait; Kuwait never had a major RV of their currency. That's a common misconception. The government did not change the currency. Some people were frightened/tricked into selling their dinar on the streets for as low as $0.10 to the dollar. However, it never lost its value and has been fairly constant (though it has increased slight amount) throughout most of the century. If this RV happens, it will be the first event ever like it in history. No currency has ever had a drastic change/increase without a standard lop (device used to make transactions easier by simply removing the 0's). That's why the Iraq dinar is such an exciting yet difficult investment. We have to have faith that it will break new grounds.

My thoughts, im with Easyrider thinking, if it comes in to low a rate it would force me to Run up and buy a whole lot more Denar, at that point i would no it was a sure thing and it would flood the market with buyers. Then they got a problum, if i remember Kawait did that at a low rate and allmost screwed them selfs. I dont think Iraq is that stupid, they saw what ahppend to there nabor. I dont no what rate but dont think it will be low ball. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Rv :D

If it came in at $.01 or $.10, all of Iraq would be owned by foreign investors the first day it hit the Forex. Serious investors, long term investors, the type of people that see the value as with anything else is in going long term. They know that the infrastructure will be built up from outsiders coming in and developing their country, not from one person with a hammer and a saw. Just as in our country, nothing here is based on anything more than $$$, it will be the same there and when a country is sitting on that much gold, give investors an 'in' like that and it's game over. Most dinar investors seem to think the RV/RI is the end of the road, I disagree. I think it's only the beginning. Once things open up and 'real' money comes 'in', give it 5 years and this will be the 'hub' of the ME. I still believe it will come 'in' between $1.50 & $2.00 with a managed float. The only things to fear are an actual 'Lop'(not the removal of the three 0's just after the decimal point but a loss of the 'visual' 0's) or a deadline to cash 'in' but knowing how much was invested 'in' creating the 'new' IQD as well as the contract to use it, let's hope that won't be an issue. All of this is IMO but if you cash 'in' a little, breathe a bit, then go another 3 to 5 years, that's when you'll see this take off and the $3+ we all dream of now might be a joke as it will more than likely be higher by that time. Just hang 'in' there, it's gonna happen. Wait till the big players get ahold of this place, you're gonna have Starbucks fighting with McDonalds for every well lit street corner lot 'in' town!

• Upvote 2

this is some BS if they RV low enough what will happen then will many people buy up all the dinar even mre knowing it has started to move they know its gonna just go up so i dont believe this, they will RV at a decent rate first then have a managed float from there this is way off!!!!!!!!!!!

Right on man. If it were to RV at less than a penny, everyone who laughed at us for buying the Dinars would run to the bank to buy them. Even at a penny, $1 would buy 100 IQD. These people would buy a ton of then being that now they see that this investment IS in fact legitimate and not a scam. Second they will see the $2-$4 potential the IQD has over years and they'd buy them up and sit on them.

So I'm with ya...too low will cause more harm then good, and too low would in no way at all shake out the speculators from the markets and it surely would not pull the 000 notes out of circulation. IMO a "low" RV would be .30-1.00

Now this sounds responsible.

In all honesty it sounds more like ridiculous. That figure is pointless. They mine as well have no RV! It must be much higher to do what is needed and they don't have years to do it. This is NOT like a stock market investment in many ways. It will be higher than that, or as I said, the rv will be pointless and Iraq will be gone before you see that number go up again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

this is some BS if they RV low enough what will happen then will many people buy up all the dinar even mre knowing it has started to move they know its gonna just go up so i dont believe this, they will RV at a decent rate first then have a managed float from there this is way off!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, agreed 'rider'... It will not RV low!

RV Already!!!

Folks after reading most of these threads, I believe that the majority of it are pure SPECULATIONS. People read other threads, rumors, news etc... and then come in here (DV) and post their thoughts of what they have read, granted there are some who actually post to the best of their knowledge information that are true to some extent, but for the most part, most of these people add-on PUMPING information that tend to be quite deceiving and are affecting many others who have been waiting for this RV for some time now. These PUMPERS have no idea how much HONEST INVESTORS and MOST OF ALL all around good people are hoping for this to happen...for whatever their reasons are. The vast majority would like this RV to happen due to DEBTS, LOSS OF JOBS, MEDICAL. The rest of us are for the same reasons but adding to donating to CHARITIES, HOSPITALS, CHURCH, FAMILY, INVESTMENTS AND THE NEEDY. There are some that ONLY WANTS THIS TO HAPPEN DUE TO GREED... I say this, because a lot of threads out there comes from people who are asking the big question of HOW DO I DODGE THE IRS? How can I open an overseas account? etc... blah blah blah. More POWER to you folks that would love to AVOID Uncle Sams TAX. But just REMEMBER THIS...you'll be looking behind your back for the rest of your lives whether Uncle Sam's IRS is catching up on you. IMHO, most of us are just plain GOOD AMERICAN, MEXICAN, ARABIC, JEWISH, IRISH, ENGLISH, AUSTRALIANS, FILIPPNOS, GUAMANIANS, PUERTO RICANS ETC ETC... wanting nothing but an RV to happen. And IMHO, the RV will be above the $3.00 rate. Why I say this you ask? because if the GOI wants to draw in their Dinars in order to support the thousands of contracts and their citizens, they MUST meet in the middle between too low to draw in anything to too much to handle to pay-off the Dinar BUY-BACKS. "IN GOD I TRUST, IN GOD I BELIEVE" AMEND AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

RV SOON!!

• Upvote 1

From what I am guessing, it may RV around $.001US/dinar smile.gif

That would be a good start! smile.gif

Moving to $.01US/Dinar quickly smile.gif

If this rate were true, why would anyone in their right mind cash in. I mean, I paid more for it than your initial rate. Sorry but I think your post is BS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well what do you think is happening now alot of people are buying dinars at the lowest rate possible.

Not sure why Iraq is letting so much dinars out of this country makes me think no RV.

Why would I give you a ferrari for 100 hundered dollars then I buy it back at $100,000+ defies all economic sense

If there was going to be a RV I think it would have happend buy now :angry:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1