Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama --Libya--Finally

chuckray

I dont think he is being a whimp.We the USA have been quick to jump on countries,and everyone says we don't mind our buisness,all we do is start wars.Now we take a step back and people say where is the US.So when is a good time to step in early and control the situation before it gets out of hand,or do we wait and get bitched out for waiting.Damned if you do Damnd if you dont.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

I heard today that Obama was waiting until we got the US citizens out of Libya before he would say anything critical. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. Can you imagine the uproar if Obama had said anything earlier and our citizens ended up being detained? You can't win with some people.

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 8

The connection is that Gaddafi gave the Rev.Al Sharpton the grand tour in 98 and gave OBAM,S old pastor the tour in 99- and while Obama was growing up help to fund schooling for certain muslims. Has given to the Muslim Assoc. Millions to help school and build the centers. I can see why Obama has a hard time saying what he has to say. I guess it,s like a bussiness eh? Connections yall connections. --It doesnt bother me one way or the other . History has a way of showing us the future. This has been fortold years before we got here. The BIBLE tells of it all. History has a way of repaeting itself. HIS-story---yup no doubt about it..... GOD Bless our countries -That is my prayer. If we all turn towards GOD - it says in the word that HE will tarry- any takers---? May GOD of our Fathers Bless you and your houses ----Vern :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I dont think he is being a whimp.We the USA have been quick to jump on countries,and everyone says we don't mind our buisness,all we do is start wars.Now we take a step back and people say where is the US.So when is a good time to step in early and control the situation before it gets out of hand,or do we wait and get bitched out for waiting.Damned if you do Damnd if you dont.

2/3 of the iraqi people turned out to vote last spring:

DEMOCRACY IS SPREADING FAST---- " you said--all we do is start wars "

what about world war 1 and 2---WE SAVED EUROPE

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I heard today that Obama was waiting until we got the US citizens out of Libya before he would say anything critical. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. Can you imagine the uproar if Obama had said anything earlier and our citizens ended up being detained? You can't win with some people.

I think it is more a cumulative thing. He appears weak in many of the situations around the world (like Iran). Hillarious did not help with her campaign during the primaries with the commercial about the phone ringing at 3am. So it becomes perception that he is not a strong, tough leader. May not be true but perceptions become reality in some peoples minds. So with that in mind, many people may go to the place that he is not a tough leader insteading of him being a thoughtful leader and protecting the Americans in Libya before he said anything.

• Downvote 1

Was not alive then,cant speak for those wars.

chuckray

Group:

Members Posts:

440 Joined:

18-December 10 Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

larrylopiccolo, on 26 February 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

2/3 of the iraqi people turned out to vote last spring:

DEMOCRACY IS SPREADING FAST---- " you said--all we do is start wars "

what about world war 1 and 2---WE SAVED EUROPE

Read more:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's the UN'S responsibility not Obama's.

It may be the responsibility of the United Nations ... but I think it is very important for free, democratic countries to stand up and make a noise and show that they are against what is happening. I am Canadian and our prime minister has done exactly that and I am proud of him for doing so. Let the world know that Canada supports human rights and yes, it all got said once the Canadian citizens were out of the country.

It is more important for the US to be heard on this than almost any other nation, because, at least to this point in history, the United States of America has built a reputation as being the strongest and most powerful nation in the world. For that reason the US president should be supporting the United Nations, who may be responsible, but can use the backup. Good show, I say.

Canada ... well, we are known as the peacekeepers, not necessarily the peace makers, or negotiators, or conquering forces, but the peacekeepers. Our voice is important too. And personally I am very happy to see both countries putting their top man in front of the microphone and TV cameras to let the rest of the world know how we feel about this tyrant and his regime.

Anyway, thanks for the post and the comments.

smee2

wimp--do nothing Obama finally said something about the genocide ongoing in Libya :

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/26/obama-qaddafi-needs-leave/

Next time you and your wife are fighting...im breaking the door down and taking some action. Is that how it works??? The only one to get away with that .....Good ole GW....there are diplomatic protocols that should be followed. Peace.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2