Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gates Warns Against Future Land Wars

Slaydadea

There is nothing in the article that says we lost, just that we should learn from our mistakes and successes.

Just read 8 other articles saying pretty much the same thing. Appears we'll be doing business a little differently in the future if this holds true. To bad we didn't go this route in the beginning. These wars would have ended years ago. From what I'm seeing in most news, "Political and Economic Failure" is what it being addressed.

Also Gates seems to think that we should knock things in the head before the problem gets worse. A good example of this would be the time we knew Osama was in Sudan and we didn't hit him after an AQ attack. More quick airstrikes that are targeted.

Gates is right, we should have. Question is, why didn't we? Osama is an easy target.

Put a Million on his head and Allah will cash in on him. Easy target.

• Upvote 1

Being a Vietnam veteran (USMC 1964-68) with two sons on active duty who have both done multiple tour in Iraq and Afghanistan I have mixed emotions.

Vietnam was a waste of 58,000+ lives 100,000's wounded and sadly more 'Nam veterans have commited suicide than actually died in the "war".

Trying to make sense of that tragedy haunted me for many years and hoped that we learned our lesson and not invade another country and to have an exit plan and clear cut objective. Cant write anymore just now.

• Upvote 2

Just read 8 other articles saying pretty much the same thing. Appears we'll be doing business a little differently in the future if this holds true. To bad we didn't go this route in the beginning. These wars would have ended years ago. From what I'm seeing in most news, "Political and Economic Failure" is what it being addressed.

Gates is right, we should have. Question is, why didn't we? Osama is an easy target.

Put a Million on his head and Allah will cash in on him. Easy target.

Reason we didn't hit him, weak president at the time.

• Upvote 1