Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CAN WE BE REALISTIC MOMENTARILY

I see it a liitle different , Had the currency RV'd before planned riot , and from articles not knowing what the people want (sending MPs to different parts of Iraq ) giving them cash before Riot would allow them to update their sticks and stones to Machine guns . I blv after scheduled riot is the best time . To show it was done for the people and that the Govt listened . Aint over yet . Hang in there :D

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I can never understand why people who think the currency adjustment will happen in the distant future would waist 1 second of their life on a forum or chat room?? You might be better off sitting with the elderly or sick and making an impact on someones life, instead of trying to convince other people of your opinion. Put your toilet paper in a sock drawer and check back in 2 or 3 years. Just saying

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Very well thought out post! It does make you wonder about everything.

We got our first dinars about 6 years ago and have been watching the same stuff pour in and out all the time. It gets to a point sometimes, where you REALLY want it to finally happen, but then you know it most likely wont so there is no point getting excited or even a small shred of hope.

Of course it would be wonderful if it did....but....it may never LOL Back and forth....

Im hanging on till something happens, good or bad, the Danar cant just sit out there without a value of some sort, negative to us or positive. Either way I am thankful for buying our Dinar with money we didn't really need nor will we miss.

GO RV? hehe :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

As the time goes by it is harder and harder to believe we will see a return in this investment. Now there are contracts being signed and debts being paid and work already in process in Iraq. One can only wonder how will they pay for all this. I can't help but think we ( the investors) are the ones who are paying for these contracts and budget with our US Dollar that we keep pumping in to Iraq. They do not seem to be worried about any consequences and are determined to not let anyone push them around. I thought that with such a huge budget, they would need to revalue, but they will probably just pay for it with oil. I don't know much about this, but the closer we got to getting the check list of things to be done, the more it looked like they had no intention of revaluing. I will still hold on and keep praying and hope that even if I don't become rich that at least Iraq becomes a great country so that our losses from the US don't go for nothing.

• Upvote 4

Your right... Kuwait to Iraq is comparing Apples to Oranges.

The reasoning for comparing the situation frequently is relative to the timeline of events & proximity of the two locations.

From my research, the KWD never was really devalued... It basically lost its street value until they re-instated the value. This particular instance made many people rich who bought in while the street value was down.

I think our situation compares better to the Deutsch Mark or Russian currency.

Both had a tremendous drop after the WW or Cold War and made a significant bounce back.

In the situation of the Deutsch mark, I believe they introduced a new currency that gained value and RV'd.

I think there was an article out about this on PD.

I didn't think today's protest would turn into a world event like Egypt. I predicted it to be similar to recent events with maybe a little bit higher population attending.

With that said, I would believe that these protests will continue & could likely get more violent.

It has already push politicians to expedite filling the demands of the protesters.

I was "not" expecting a RV announcement today considering CBI is closed today & tomorrow.

If it was imminent, I would believe Sunday is the first day we would see anything about it.

Tuesday is the day that I'll keep an eye on. It won't be for a RV, but a change in the exchange rate from the UN website.

If I see no change, I will not become depressed, because my biggest fear would be to see a "minor" change in the rate... It could mean 4-6 more months before another change.

I'm just hoping the next time the 1170 shows movement, the movement is huge....

However, lets look at some factual information that may help you feel just a little bit more comfortable..

US Treasury workers have been over in Iraq since Feb. 14th.. I am not sure if they're still there, but they've been working & helping the Iraq politicians.. Question is.. Why? What interest would they have to benefit for helping them?? Interesting.....

From my understanding the Budget goes into effect on March 1st - retroactive to Jan 1st 2011. Okay, this also means it lasts on an effective date of the Operationl UN exchange rates. Coincidence? Maybe, but it it seems too logical, than it just may not happen that way.

China visits... Supports the lifting of international sanctions on Iraq... I wonder if they signed off on an important piece of documents??

Talabani in Kuwait, rubbing soldiers w/ the high-ranking officials.. Sweet! They're friends now, I wonder if that means they feel debts are paid.

Upcoming Arab Summit.. How could a proud people represent currency that is worthless compared to their neighbors? Who knows.. But it could be embarassing..

Tariffs to be imposed on March 8th (Some as high as 80%) were introduced to protect the local industry, but was delayed until further notice. Interesting..... Why? Because the consumer would feel the effects of that with higher prices on consumer goods/services & food. But it was delayed, maybe it was a hint at giving away something to be perceived as a date... A date we would all speculate and follow to make a run on the banks prior.

Their currency.. Currently not trade-able... There's a nice little bunch of profits that can be made by exchanging it. The PIPs, or spreads as you may recognize it.. When people buy, they make money off te spread, when people sell, they make money off the spread. Rising & declining of the value with people trading it, will profit the currency exchange dept.

Oil... Pushing over $100 per barrel w/ civil unrest in the M.E. - Oh no not again! $4/gallon in US? But wait, Iraq is pushing full steam ahead at pre-invasion levels.. And only increasing! That deficit will sure be cleaned out in no time...... Huh?

My concern? Final ministries.. What is the dang hold-up, right? Are they really done & have been done behidn the scenes? Who knows..... I've read speculation that those that would likely get approved by M do not wish to have those positions because they do not want to be associated with M for the future of their careers. Makes sense, right?? If M fails, than all high-ranking officials will fail with him.

• Upvote 7

Good post but their is so much more out there that we don't know the media puts stuff out there that they want us to see and believe me and you and no one else know exactly what is going on over there. For instance our news here have you noticed its always bad news on the news because bad news is good news here same is everywhere else. Now with that being said very important dates are coming up in march i believe this protest will spark something with the parliament and GOI to start moving a lot faster for the people. I will have to agree with one of the posts above i did not expect them to RV before the protest I think it would have been foolish also the people have clearly stated they DONT want to topple the government just for a better way of living so everything that you have seen in tunisia, eqypt, iran, libya,Bahrain is NOT and I repeat Not the same that is gona happen in Iraq yes people have lost their lives and yes people are angry but i believe its gonna be a lot more controlled than we think it will be so sit back and relax let this thing play out still looks good for March everyone hang on its getting exciting now.

• Upvote 3

I for one was not sold any hope. I researched and invested. I'm sorry so many here feel they were pumped. If you feel that way, sell your dinars and chalk it up to experience. If you've had your dinars for more than 3 years, you will make a little profit. If not, you will still get the majority of your money back. I'm sorry but I just can't seem to work up any tears for you quitters. If you are selling off because of hardship, that's a different story.

• Upvote 5

Well you can go on believing this investment will pay off for us and feel good, or we can subscribe to the doom and gloom thinking and spend 24/7 worrying and wringing our hands. I prefer the feel good approach myself. If I get worried all the time, then maybe I wasn't a very good planer and invested more than I could afford to lose. So lighten up and take the feel good route. Go RV..

Edited by countryroads
  • Upvote 2

Here's the way I see it. There is tons of evidence that the Dinar will eventually RV; you've heard the old saying, "Where's there's smoke, there's fire!" Well, there's a lot of smoke here; the things that are unfolding around the world (including the US Treasury involvement) all point to "something" happening! Even if it RV's at .50 or .75...we'll still be sitting good. AND IF IT DON'T RV, WE ALL WILL HAVE THE COOLEST MONOPOLY MONEY ON THE PLANET! IMO...it's a very low risk investment...you're gonna be rich or almost break even.

• Upvote 2

I can never understand why people who think the currency adjustment will happen in the distant future would waist 1 second of their life on a forum or chat room?? You might be better off sitting with the elderly or sick and making an impact on someones life, instead of trying to convince other people of your opinion. Put your toilet paper in a sock drawer and check back in 2 or 3 years. Just saying

Maybe because those people still like to read up on whats happening in Iraq....and this forum isent such a bad place to read the news and chat with people you might know or have met......just like any investment you dont just buy it and walk away....you should keep your eye on it even from day to day because anything can happen.....it would be dumb to put your dinar in a sock drawer and then not try to keep up with Iraq for the next 2 years.......

By the way Legolas.....very well put.....as always you and me seem to be on the same page......later bro

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Since we are all in this together, why not try and stay optimistic? The post is a good realistic post, but there isnt anyone here who really KNOWS anything as for a time line so far.

Each week someone says it will RV now! It will RV! My logic says sooner is better for everyone in IRAQ and I know they are trying to secure something based on the news.

I await with baited breath. Keep the real news coming. For me it paints a picture which comes into focus daily more and more... RV is coming I believe and not at .10 to 1 USD

But we will all see together.... Keep the faith people.

Peace

• Upvote 1

Some one sold you hope? That is pathetic if you are an investor. It is your duty to research your investment and weigh the pros and cons. If a person doesn't research, they get what they get and shouldn't throw a fit as my 5 year old son Jake says. Again, I don't feel sorry for anyone that spent money that they shouldn't have, based on some anonymous internet tool's recommendations. You can't fix stupid.

Some one sold you hope? That is pathetic if you are an investor. It is your duty to research your investment and weigh the pros and cons. If a person doesn't research, they get what they get and shouldn't throw a fit as my 5 year old son Jake says. Again, I don't feel sorry for anyone that spent money that they shouldn't have, based on some anonymous internet tool's recommendations. You can't fix stupid.

In the real world, virtually every product is essentially sold on "hope," from Sham Wows to investment portfolios, and it's blatantly obvious that he who does the best "advertising" wins. He who does the best job of being the most convincing gets the sale......from Snake Oil to Cadillacs. That may be unfortunate in many cases, but it's also the reality. The dinar investment is no different. I guarantee you that the largest percentage of investors jumped on board due to the advertising (aka: RUMORS) of the fact that RV was imminent, and they were going to make a huge return on their money. Some have in fact "since" that time done extensive research and become well informed on the subject, but very few did that research ahead of time. You may be the exception, but as is the case with most products, most people do buy on hope, and the dinar is a classic example. And now we continue to hope. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When virtually every person I know looks at investing money in any business enterprise, at some point it involves interaction with another human being, usually to learn that person's take on the pluses and minuses of the investment opportunity. Many of us (myself included) also look at other information sources to help make the final decision. What we call those other people (pumpers, advisers, etc.) is largely dependent on our personal point of view. That, in turn, is dependent substantially on our larger outlook on the world. If we're a "glass half empty" type of person, we'll focus on the negatives we see, and justify that outlook as "realism." If we're a "glass half full" person, we tend to see the positives in almost any situation.

A large and expanding body of psychological research is leading to the conclusion that we create our reality with our own thoughts. If our thoughts are consistently negative, our experiences will reflect that. Conversely, if our thoughts are positive, we tend to see more positive things in the world around us. That research also reveals that the positive outlook people report being happy more of the time than the negative outlook ones.

I don't know about you, but I'm in this investment because people I trust made a recommendation to check it out, and I followed up with my own research. Given the rapidly changing state of world finance, I think we're well situated having the IQD as an investment opportunity. I'm grateful to the people who told me about the IQD, and grateful to DinarVets for the opportunity to learn even more about the opportunity. Those of you who wish to take a different tack with your posts certainly are entitled to do that. I, for one, intend to remain positive. GO RV!

• Upvote 3

Maybe because those people still like to read up on whats happening in Iraq....and this forum isent such a bad place to read the news and chat with people you might know or have met......just like any investment you dont just buy it and walk away....you should keep your eye on it even from day to day because anything can happen.....it would be dumb to put your dinar in a sock drawer and then not try to keep up with Iraq for the next 2 years.......

By the way Legolas.....very well put.....as always you and me seem to be on the same page......later bro

Legolas - I taught rhetoric and logical reasoning for ten years at the university level. Some of your arguments are incomplete, or fallacies. The Kuwaiti example: their money and printing plates were stolen - so what? Their currency DEVALUED in any case, no matter how or why, it traded for much less than it did before the war on the international market. Then it was reinstated (RI). So how different is this from Iraq? The IQD devalued due to war...whether it's an RV or and RI it HAS to go up sometime - perhaps not until they are stable several years down the road, or by March, but it's NOT a different animal, given your argument, than Kuwait.

I have been invested since December of last year. (Yes, yes, barely wet - what do I know, right?) I have not languished emotionally on these forums for five to seven years, as some of you obviously have. I actually find these forums to be a source of hope - that some day I'll be able to help my family and friends. I find DV to be uplifting! Despite any negative posts ( there will always be naysayers...) most people are beautifully upbeat, hopeful, funny and lovable. Don't let it get you down. Let your Dinar sit and live your life, until you get renewed. Then come back and hope some more.

Or cash in.

Either way, you win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I see it a liitle different , Had the currency RV'd before planned riot , and from articles not knowing what the people want (sending MPs to different parts of Iraq ) giving them cash before Riot would allow them to update their sticks and stones to Machine guns . I blv after scheduled riot is the best time . To show it was done for the people and that the Govt listened . Aint over yet . Hang in there :D

Wise perspective to take TY

Hame55 wrote:

Legolas - I taught rhetoric and logical reasoning for ten years at the university level. Some of your arguments are incomplete, or fallacies. The Kuwaiti example: their money and printing plates were stolen - so what? Their currency DEVALUED in any case, no matter how or why, it traded for much less than it did before the war on the international market. Then it was reinstated (RI). So how different is this from Iraq? The IQD devalued due to war...whether it's an RV or and RI it HAS to go up sometime - perhaps not until they are stable several years down the road, or by March, but it's NOT a different animal, given your argument, than Kuwait.

I'm not sure I understand how you can say it's not different. The KWD was devalued by Kuwait for a very short period of time due to the theft of a large quantity of the currency and the printing plates by Saddam. It was then "replaced" with a newly designed currency, eliminating the possibility of counterfeiting, and then reinstated to its original value. Where is the similarity to the situation in Iraq? Unless I'm missing something, it's apples and oranges, to put it mildly.

• Upvote 1

First of all...whoever said this was going to be an easy investment?.....Do most know that there are folks that have held dinars since the war began; also, there are those that have had a Warka Bank Account in Iraq, and/or those that have held stocks in the ISX/Iraqi Stock Exchange....and many have had double and even triple gains on their money...."of course, this was for somewhat of a long-term investment time-period"....This thing is like a "Cliff-Hanger" to many...literally....but, IMO..it is a wonderful investment...especially when you simply just look at the gains most have made for the time periods that they have been involved..(And I'm not talking about those that jump in, and then jump out overnight..while waiting to be millionaires every Monday..lol)....BOTTOM LINE: IF IRAQ WANTED TO LOP, SCREW THE INVESTORS IN ANY WAY, ETC...THEY HAVE HAD APPX. 8 YEARS, WHILE BLOOD WAS CONTINUALLY RUNNING IN THE STREETS, AND UNDER MUCH BETTER PRETENSES TO HAVE DONE SO BEFORE NOW....SO IF AN UPRISING SCARES PEOPLE OFF NOW...SO BE IT...BUT IRAQ HAS CHINA AND RUSSIA IN IT'S COUNTRY, HOLDING THE LARGEST OIL CONTRACTS......SO, WITH THIS BEING SAID..IF THE WORLD'S SUPERPOWERS ARE THERE...YES, SOME DISRUPTIONS MAY COME...BUT IRAQ WILL MOVE FORWARD...DUE TO IT'S PRIZED "PEAK-OIL"....AND I'M GOING TO STAY IN THiIS INVESTMENT TOO...COME HELL OR HIGH WATER...AS THE DINAR HAS RISNE IN APPX. 8 YEARS...WHILE THE U.S. DOLLAR HAS CONTINUALLY BEEN FALLING....SO, WITH THIS BEING SAID...I'LL GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP THAT IS RISING FOR NOW..OR AT LEAST WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF MY PORTFOLIO...WHILE I MAY END UP LOSING ALL OF MY PORTFOLIO IN THE U.S. ANYWAY....SO, I'M NOT WORRIED...EITHER WE RISE UP DUE TO THE DINAR..OR IT'S ALL OVER ANYWAY...IN THE U.S. AND EVERYWHERE ELSE...ALL IN MY OPINION OF COURSE...(SO, LIKE "PREGO"..I'M IN THERE)...UNTIL IT'S ALL OVER...LOL....