Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Demands of Iraq Protesters

icfaith

Another story of Protestor demands in Iraq.

Arab world has witnessed and is witnessing today a comprehensive popular revolts demanding freedom and social justice. And culminated in the Tunisian and Egyptian revolutions a complete success, and both pre-paid toppled tyrants in Tunisia and Egypt. This has inflamed the Arab Revolt and the inherent root in the feelings of Arabs everywhere. Triggered and moved to Iraq, too, where the citizens came out to the streets to protest the current government policy dumped in sectarianism and corruption. Iraq has not seen in modern history, the Government was involved in killings and looting and discrimination and to submit to foreign occupation, such as the involvement of the government of Nuri al-Maliki. This government has failed unscrupulous and ethics in the provision of basic services to citizens, in addition to its inability to achieve justice and security, political stability and reconstruction of the country. Iraq is under threat in retail and the fragmentation and division. And turned the Iraqis into the government and followers of rival sects and Mahterpp.

Because of all this silence is no longer feasible nor justified.

And took the Iraqis to move staging rallies and peaceful demonstrations in recent weeks, and included the protest movement of Anbar province and spend Hamzah, the city of Kut and the city of Sulaymaniyah. The number of martyrs killed Iraqis in bloody clashes with the repressive organs of the various Iraqi authorities. Introduced these martyrs sacrificed their lives for Iraqi freedom, dignity and independence, and became the blood we have in our necks, we the living, and will not go in vain!

We call on all Iraqis at home and abroad to come together and overcome division and sectarian strife, to face, as one people, the machine of repression of the authority of the corrupt, backed by foreign occupation, and deny them an opportunity to undermine the unity of the Iraqi people again. And invite civil society organizations and human rights and the media, especially Arab, to provide maximum possible support for the Iraqi people and revolution overall.

We are here to demand:

Amend the Constitution in line with the remarkable culture of tolerance among Iraqis, and enactment of laws is far from civilized sectarian and factional abhorrent.

* Re-election of the House of Representatives on the basis of democratic, free and fair elections in all parts of Iraq. And the formation of a national government with efficiency and competence.

* Activating the independence of the judiciary, the election of the Board independent and impartial judiciary.

Identify the salaries of state employees from the top of the pyramid and the functional and even lower grades, commensurate with the economic reality of the country.

* The elimination of unemployment and the provision of services to citizens and Iraq's reconstruction and rehabilitation of its infrastructure.

• Work to eliminate all manifestations of sectarian quotas and political and ethnic and religious discrimination practiced by the dominant forces in power in Iraq.

* The prosecution of corrupt politicians, ministers, deputies and state officials disclosed their financial assets and bring them to justice, and the investigation of hundreds of billions looted from the first day of the occupation.

* Ending the foreign occupation of Iraq and the removal of military bases from its territory.

As we raise our voices in solidarity with the struggle of the Iraqi people for change and social justice, we call to demonstrate outside the Iraqi embassy in Berlin, protesting against the ongoing violation of human rights in Iraq, in:

Eleven o'clock on the morning of Friday, 02/25/2011 until two o'clock in the afternoon.

Address the Iraqi Embassy:

http://www.albadeal.com/2010-10-30-17-58-23/1520-2011-02-25-00-42-51.html

Edited by icfaith
  • Upvote 1

WOW, not even a mention of a currency reval huh?

Which makes me really wonder why an RV of their currency would really help the Iraqi citizens. Makes sense for our benefit but don't see why it will really help them. Over the months and months of reading everything on this site, I've never really read a "nuts and bolts" explanation of why this would help them. Other than the standard "canned" explanation of increased purchasing power, which I still don't understand how this would increase their purchasing power. Can someone explain?

Well ... WE know the RV would be of great benefit to achieving a better life and greater security for their families and future.

However ... as with most "organized" demonstrations, and protests, the goals are set forth by people who make it their job to do so ... people who take the most obvious problems, and the things people are most easily influenced by, and get them all fired up about that to get the show on the road. It is a show too .... even though it does do some good in some cases, a lot of it is political in nature and started by agitators. What the people do once they get going is anyone's guess.

In this case, the RV is not being touted as a reason for protests. People are too divided on what the RV will or will not do. I am speaking now of people in Iraq. They all want more. Most of them want it given to them by the government. But their ideas about financial and economic intricacies of the country are far from informed. (I get this from my contact in the middle east, a former student who works for IBM and travels the whole Middle East spending considerable time in Iraq for some time now. He knows these people and we talk about what he sees)

Anyway, it would be good if the RV could be spurred on by this but I am not sure it will be, since they are not specifically ranting and changing about it. If, however, the leader(s) of the country see it as a way to sidestep the issues that are being ranted and chanted about, they may just do it in an effort to save thier own skins (see how much protest there is about corruption and we do know who that means.)

That's my take on it.

smee2

• Upvote 1

Well ... WE know the RV would be of great benefit to achieving a better life and greater security for their families and future.

However ... as with most "organized" demonstrations, and protests, the goals are set forth by people who make it their job to do so ... people who take the most obvious problems, and the things people are most easily influenced by, and get them all fired up about that to get the show on the road. It is a show too .... even though it does do some good in some cases, a lot of it is political in nature and started by agitators. What the people do once they get going is anyone's guess.

In this case, the RV is not being touted as a reason for protests. People are too divided on what the RV will or will not do. I am speaking now of people in Iraq. They all want more. Most of them want it given to them by the government. But their ideas about financial and economic intricacies of the country are far from informed. (I get this from my contact in the middle east, a former student who works for IBM and travels the whole Middle East spending considerable time in Iraq for some time now. He knows these people and we talk about what he sees)

Anyway, it would be good if the RV could be spurred on by this but I am not sure it will be, since they are not specifically ranting and changing about it. If, however, the leader(s) of the country see it as a way to sidestep the issues that are being ranted and chanted about, they may just do it in an effort to save thier own skins (see how much protest there is about corruption and we do know who that means.)

That's my take on it.

smee2

Smee2,

Thanks for the reply and I fundamentally agree with you but I still don't know why. I have hear things like, "If they come in at a high rate, inflation would be rampant". Don't know if that's true or not. Again, I'm looking for someone to explain in layman's terms of why this RV would benefit the Iraqi people. It is inherently comprehensible in my my brain why a more valuable currency should help the average Iraqi, however, I can't figure it out on a macro-economic basis. I guess it's above my pay grade as BO would say. I guess I'm looking for someone that's knowledgeable of the economic forces at work that explain why this helps them. And if it helps them SOOOO much, WHY hasn't it happened already? Of course you'll hear the typical answers like, we need a full GOI, Budget passed, Sanctions lifted, etc. And I know that plays a part. But WTF? If this was the magic bullet the GOI was really looking for, you'd think it would be done by now.

The iraqi`s have dinars,,,same as we do,,certainly ,,would not hurt them if they were worth a buck or two...I think the main reason would be the re-emergance of iraq on the world of commerce...They are a player in the oil industry,,of the first degree,,,do you not think they need to be recognized as a power in their region???

If their momey was worth more, then they could afford thst import car or TV. The world doesn't make them cheaper for just them. and their currency needs to fall in line with the worlds currency values to really play on the world market place. IMO but what do I really know.

• Upvote 1

The iraqi`s have dinars,,,same as we do,,certainly ,,would not hurt them if they were worth a buck or two...I think the main reason would be the re-emergance of iraq on the world of commerce...They are a player in the oil industry,,of the first degree,,,do you not think they need to be recognized as a power in their region???

Leola,

Totally agree with you! Just looking for that economic explanation as to why? I want to see the explanation in numbers and economic expression. For example, if they RV,

it would increase their purchasing power and this is why. If they RV, this is why inflation would either increase or decrease, and this is why. 99.9% of us on these forums are lay in these areas. I would love for a simple explanation as to why all of the things we hear day in and day out on this site are true. Maybe it can't be explained easily, which I'm sure is the case. However, someone on this site is an economist, a mathematician, etc. Yet, I never really hear anyone with these qualifications come forward to explain it to us. Yes, I've read the famous post like, "An Economist view of why a 1:1 was planned from the beginning". I guess it's wishful thinking...

If their momey was worth more, then they could afford thst import car or TV. The world doesn't make them cheaper for just them. and their currency needs to fall in line with the worlds currency values to really play on the world market place. IMO but what do I really know.

One,

That's just it. I don't think if this RV's that they could afford that import car or fancy flat panel TV. I know we could, but how is it that they can. My reasoning is if this RV's at say 1:1, if an Iraqi was fortunate enough to leave the country with his Dinar and landed in the US, then exchanged his money, he'll live high on the hog here in the US. However, how does that change his existence in Iraq? Mathematically speaking, how does this really change for them? I just can't figure it out. Now their money is worth 1170 Dinar to the dollar. What happens when it goes, say, 600 Dinar to the dollar. Does that mean they can now buy two loafs of bread, POST RV, versus one loaf of bread pre-RV? These are the questions I can't wrap my head around....

I guess I can't see why it would not buy more. Their days wages are not worth the same as our days wages. If they got 50 dinar for a days wages and their dinar is worth a tenth of a penny, what can you buy at the costco Nothing! They would have to save for a long time. Now if they got a dollar per dinar, that fifty dinars could biuy something.

The world does not import 50 dollar items and sell it to iraqis for pennies. They need to collect many more dinar to buy the same thing. I think thats the way it works. Never mind my simple mind. Many smarter on this site. :)

• Upvote 1

I guess I can't see why it would not buy more. Their days wages are not worth the same as our days wages. If they got 50 dinar for a days wages and their dinar is worth a tenth of a penny, what can you buy at the costco Nothing! They would have to save for a long time. Now if they got a dollar per dinar, that fifty dinars could biuy something.

The world does not import 50 dollar items and sell it to iraqis for pennies. They need to collect many more dinar to buy the same thing. I think thats the way it works. Never mind my simple mind. Many smarter on this site. :)

And if we buy a barrel of oil from them for 100 US, and the average araqi worker gets pennies/dinars for wages to pump it, well that aint right. The worker still can't get much for his days wages. I mean we are talking, massive types of products/imports, cars trucks tvs food products, mcdonalds, steel, anything. I hope I don't sound too stupid in my way of thinkin about it. lol

• Upvote 1

So I guess by your logic, that if it RV'd at say 1:1, then their 50 dinar for a days wages could go up 1000 fold? I guess that would make sense, thus turning the average Iraqi into a "pretty well off Iraqi" over night. But man, I just can't see that happening. Wow, this currency thing just baffles me. I try to read so much on currency trading, just for my own education, and I can't seem to grasp it. I can't get my head around how one country can simply come out and say, "today, I proclaim my currency as worth $1 USD". It just doesn't make sense to me. Man, I gotta head to he library to figure this one out...

So I guess by your logic, that if it RV'd at say 1:1, then their 50 dinar for a days wages could go up 1000 fold? I guess that would make sense, thus turning the average Iraqi into a "pretty well off Iraqi" over night. But man, I just can't see that happening. Wow, this currency thing just baffles me. I try to read so much on currency trading, just for my own education, and I can't seem to grasp it. I can't get my head around how one country can simply come out and say, "today, I proclaim my currency as worth $1 USD". It just doesn't make sense to me. Man, I gotta head to he library to figure this one out...

Who ever said I had logic. I could be way off.

• Upvote 1

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/25/libya-and-beyond-liveblog-the-fighting-nears-tripoli.html

0830 GMT: Reports from Iraq now streaming in, including demonstrations of 1000 in Baghdad, amidst a heavy military presence, chanting, "[Prime Minister] Nouri al Maliki is a liar!", and 2000 people in rally in Basra. There are claims that the Governor of Basra has resigned and three protesters have killed in Kirkuk.