Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fired for buying dinar

Shonk9

Outline:

I worked for a bank in Missouri and I worked with foreign currency. We don't handle the Dinar, but I had a few guys that came into my bank and asked me some questions at the end of 2010. I could only help them with their wire transfers. The men that bought the dinar are very smart men in the city, so I decided I would read up on the dinar and jump in myself. Now 3 months later I get called into the bank presidents office and they tell me that they will be letting me go because I am funding terrorism. That was yesterday. Any thoughts on an argument. I thought it was legal to invest in Iraq. please let me know.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 15

Outline:

I worked for a bank in Missouri and I worked with foreign currency. We don't handle the Dinar, but I had a few guys that came into my bank and asked me some questions at the end of 2010. I could only help them with their wire transfers. The men that bought the dinar are very smart men in the city, so I decided I would read up on the dinar and jump in myself. Now 3 months later I get called into the bank presidents office and they tell me that they will be letting me go because I am funding terrorism. That was yesterday. Any thoughts on an argument. I thought it was legal to invest in Iraq. please let me know.

I don't think Pres. Bush would inact a Presidential order to fund terrorism...

ok, call me weird, but I have been in HR my whole life. FIRST, why did you tell anyone you invested? Why would you tell anyone at a bank that you know won't buy or sell dinar that it should have been a big red flag......

Yes you an buy dinar but is there any other reason they are firing you? I would get a labor attorney asap!!! but also know that depending on the size of the town you live in, this 'attorney' could determine how soon you are hired by anyone else....

I'm frankly surprised at the pettiness of the President of your bank but also there is an HR department that hired you and I'd be on them as well as an attorney. St. Louis and even Joplin has labor attorneys....get on the internet and find one fast.

I'm not sure if MO is a Right to Hire state but if not, your case is MORE solid. I would also get something in writing as to WHY you were fired. They coudl always change the story later and make some stuff up.

Good luck. I hate this for you.

Outline:

• Upvote 2

Outline:

If you were funding terrorism you would be in a prison or Guatanamo. It is hard to believe you were fired for this reason, especially 3 months later. Is your boss part of Homeland Security? Are you sure you weren't on the dinar forums on company time? :D

Edited by In Iraq

Pardon me, newbie, but I find this hard to believe.

If you've spent any time on this board, then you should have no trouble finding ample ammunition to support your "case". If this is the only reason that you were fired, then I would definitely get an attorney, assuming that you are not in an 'at will' employment state.

Good luck.

For those of you outside the loop -- HOLDING DINAR DOES NOT FUND TERRORISM. This is a ridiculous assertion ...

TS

I believe in the RV; I don't believe in the cult.

North Korea? No - Iraq... where we have been fighting terrorism and helping to install a Democratic Government!

I would definately speak with an atty. about a wrongful discharge lawsuit if this was actually said to you.

Gather your intel for said atty. - and a copy of the Presidential order allowing US citizens to invest in the country if Iraq - so the he/she can be best informed.

Most employers do not want any type of lawsuit placed against them - be sure to also name the parties in witness to your termination as they may have to testify under oath.

Just the threat of an unlawful discharge lawsuit can rattle the cages. If this became a lawsuit and went to court, the legal fees could quickly add up to more than many of us on the forum earn in a year's time

Outline:

I worked for a bank in Missouri and I worked with foreign currency. We don't handle the Dinar, but I had a few guys that came into my bank and asked me some questions at the end of 2010. I could only help them with their wire transfers. The men that bought the dinar are very smart men in the city, so I decided I would read up on the dinar and jump in myself. I flew out to Pakistan, trained with Al-Queda for a bit while working a deal for a large amount of Iraqi Dinars, and then returned stateside with them. Now 3 months later I get called into the bank presidents office and they tell me that they will be letting me go because I am funding terrorism. That was yesterday. Any thoughts on an argument. I thought it was legal to invest in Iraq. please let me know.

Aw, I see where your mistake was... I bolded it for you.

My rule of thumb is never stay at the local Terrorist Training Camp when I buy my Dinar.

But seriously... get a lawyer. Open and Shut case if the ONLY facts are as you describe them. Minus Pakistan :)

• Upvote 8

Aw, I see where your mistake was... I bolded it for you.

My rule of thumb is never stay at the local Terrorist Training Camp when I buy my Dinar.

But seriously... get a lawyer. Open and Shut case if the ONLY facts are as you describe them. Minus Pakistan :)

This is funny as hell Marine! I spit my drink all over my computer, you owe me a drink. :lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

My girlfriends Son-In-Law whom has been in the Army just over a year now accused me of profiting off the war. I informed his smart arse that I helped FUND the war! :D

Did I miss out on something? How much profit have you made on those dinars so far? And when you profit I bet the son-in-law will have the ol hand out waiting! :)

Outline:

I WOULD CHECK INTO WRONGFUL TERMINATION because they have not right to fire anyone based on their opinion. Presidental order 13303 signed by president Bush give us legal rights to purchase and hold Iraq Dinar......If they won't change their mind about the wrongful firing, i would seek help thru your state or federal senator and put them on the hotseat.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 1