Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV NO TIME SOON

C.H.

speaking the truth......

brings the dreamers back to reality....

keeping it real..

Don't spend what you're not willing to lose

GO RV...

hell yes i'm dreaming... but at least i'm living in reality and understand i might lose some money...

BUT i'll tell you this... I didn't bet the bank and can live with my decision..

GOOD LUCK all

• Upvote 1

one day, and who excatly knows when that one day will be ,i am very happy i got involved and as long as i dont lose my investment then im ok with whatever i get in return . be happy be simple

Sorry, never could be simple….And even if you do lose your investment, at least you had the guts to go for it.

• Upvote 1

Tje previous statement "Bush didn't do this for nothing" is assenine. He blew it relying on lousy INTEL on the issue of WMD's. He admits the INTEL sucked and that if He had to do it all over and didn't have **** Cheney twisting his arm, the USA would not haveattacked Iraq.Dug America into a financial hole that we will never get out of and left 60,000-80,000 dead civilians.

And to the gut who wants to shut this post down.Move along if you don't like the content.With nearly 100 responses,the initial poster brings up a valid point.If You object to freedom of expression, China might be the place to buy your retirement home.

I own the IQD,but I am a realist like the iniitial poster.There is no real IQD Intel.There never will be.You will know it firsthand when you wake up one morning and check your currency converter like the rest of us.

• Upvote 2

Set the rumors aside and face the facts folks the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar is no where near the horizon. If one where living here in the Middle East such as myself you would be privy to all the latest up to date news and facts as well as the views of the Arab world. The current environment here is one of a powder keg waiting to go off with the most recent unrest and up risings taking place things are very unstable in the entire region at the moment. Common sense should tell the most prudent investor that with instability such as we are witnessing in the region is, how could one expect his or her investment (Iraqi Dinar) to revalue and remain stable at this particular time? For those of you who do not understand currency and investing let me put it to you bluntly, it is like wishing in one hand and dumping in the other to see which one fills up the fastest. When hope finally falls to despair only then will the most prudent investors in this arena secure their profits.

[/quote

Do you understand currency investing.. Have you been watching the Libyan dinar vs the US dollar it has been trading steady at 1LD=.79USD and has been this way, give or take a few points before all this unrest until now.. There currency is not suffering.. Iraq has more natural resources and more potential than Libya. So what makes you think Iraq can't R.V.there currency tomorrow or whenever they choose... Once the GOI is finally in place (all seats filled), there debts to Kuwait and finalized, and they pass there new HCL. then we will be there.. Hopefully this summer.. This is just my opinion... Like everyone says it's Iraq anything can happen.. Keep your chins up and smile, summers coming soon :D:DB)

• Upvote 1

FIRST OF ALL, DOES ANYONE OM HERE USE THEIR BRAIN? STOP AND THINK FOR A MINUTE..... DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT YOUR ARE GOING TO GET 3000+ TO 1 ODDS ON YOUR MONEY? THINK ABOUT IT..... WHY WOULD IRAQ KEEP SELLING DINARS BY THE MILLIONS EVERYDAY/....WHY? IF IT WAS EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO AN RV THEY WOULDNT SELL ANY...THATS RIGHT NONE.... DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE MULTI MILLIONAIRES? IF YOU DO I AM LOOKING FOR INVESTORS FOR A DISNEYLAND IM BUILDING ON THE IRAQ/IRAN BORDER.... WAKE UP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

No they are waiting on a stable country, not a stronger currency.....the strength of the currency has no bearing when you won't be getting paid in dinar anyway..... would you invest millions of your dollars into an area that you aren't even sure it will survive the next 5 years without falling into a civil war?

So here we are. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Some say stability must happen before RV, some say no stability without an RV. I guess we will all find out soon.

Sorry, never could be simple….And even if you do lose your investment, at least you had the guts to go for it.

If Walt Disney had listened to all the "NAY SAYERS" we would not have DISNEYLAND. If you believe and have passion for something as he did you just need to forge ahead no matter what anyone says. :) See Walt Disney. com- Interesting biography of a man with beliefs bigger then most. Stay the course, your reward will come.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO RVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV :rolleyes:

Set the rumors aside and face the facts folks the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar is no where near the horizon. If one where living here in the Middle East such as myself you would be privy to all the latest up to date news and facts as well as the views of the Arab world. The current environment here is one of a powder keg waiting to go off with the most recent unrest and up risings taking place things are very unstable in the entire region at the moment. Common sense should tell the most prudent investor that with instability such as we are witnessing in the region is, how could one expect his or her investment (Iraqi Dinar) to revalue and remain stable at this particular time? For those of you who do not understand currency and investing let me put it to you bluntly, it is like wishing in one hand and dumping in the other to see which one fills up the fastest. When hope finally falls to despair only then will the most prudent investors in this arena secure their profits.

Thanks for the post. You were really making some nice points about the instability translating into uncertainty. But, sadly, you finished off your comments with some cheap colloquialisms that seriously detracted from your message, and almost bordered on arrogant, in my opinion.

So, don't be discouraged by all the negatives; just try to refrain from using such cheeky sayings in the future. I welcome your continued participation and look forward to any additional information you may be able to share from abroad. +1 to help take some of the sting away... Cheers!

FIRST OF ALL, DOES ANYONE OM HERE USE THEIR BRAIN? STOP AND THINK FOR A MINUTE..... DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT YOUR ARE GOING TO GET 3000+ TO 1 ODDS ON YOUR MONEY? THINK ABOUT IT..... WHY WOULD IRAQ KEEP SELLING DINARS BY THE MILLIONS EVERYDAY/....WHY? IF IT WAS EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO AN RV THEY WOULDNT SELL ANY...THATS RIGHT NONE.... DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE MULTI MILLIONAIRES? IF YOU DO I AM LOOKING FOR INVESTORS FOR A DISNEYLAND IM BUILDING ON THE IRAQ/IRAN BORDER.... WAKE UP

Uh, someone is already working on that project. Disney owns land in Baghdad... ;)

Another first post wonder, stick around and maybe you'll learn something. BTW you don't have shout.

Today, Thursday, February 24, 2011 or tomorrow morning, Friday, February 25, 2011, could be the most opportune time for Iraq to RV, playing on the instability of the other countries in the Middle East that are being hit by their demonstrators. Maliki holds the key to the setting of a standard for the rest of the Middle East to follow. He could pre-empt the Baghdad demonstration tomorrow with the announcement of the RV, along with the commitment that the country is now and forever a democratic society, making it a great celebration day for the Iraqis. Or, he can ignore the demonstration with no interest in listening to their grievances, thereby perpetuating unrest in the country and having no improvements forthcoming in their living condiitons. Or he can cement his position as the new military dictator of Iraq by ambushing and slaughtering those demonstrators. In that way, he will do away with the most predominant dissidents who, would, otherwise, continue to challenge him or build up enough backing to kick him out of office and try him for purported corruption. At the same time, he can continue to hide any corruption, particularly in the form of personally stealing billions of dollars from Iraq or making private deals with countries and super rich people who are most likely members of the global overlords' clandestine groups in the trading of the already RV'd dinars for U.S. dollars or Euros. If that becomes the case, then we can rest assured that no RV will ever be forthcoming to the Iraqis or us little people until Maliki is replaced with somebody in Iraq, who, at the risk of being assassinated, cares about the future welfare of the people. Certainly, Obama, our milquetoast State Department, and the Obama controlled U.S. military will never be allowed by the global overlords to intervene to straighten out the situation in Iraq. By staying out of the fight, they all have too good a gravy train to personally make billions of dollars off of Iraq and to be rewarded by the global overlords with future security in a tumultuous dog-eat-dog world that is forthcoming. I, as most of us, undoubtedly hope that the RV will happen today or tomorrow and all of these suppositions will be null and void. With all due respect and in my humble opinion.

Treasury has nearly a dozen staff in Baghdad – one of our largest teams anywhere in the world – providing technical assistance to help Iraq create a stable macroeconomic environment and build a solid foundation for economic growth. My meetings were extremely productive and helped to strengthen Treasury’s relationship with Iraqi leadership on key economic issues as part of the Strategic Framework Agreement.

The Obama Administration is committed to a sovereign, stable, and self-sufficient Iraq and intends to remain a key partner of the Iraqi people and government across a full range of issues. I look forward to strengthening Treasury’s partnership with Iraq’s leadership toward that end.

Hey CH,......Have a look(Read)= Comprehend and then think about what you posted. Its not just up to Iraq. The World is exerting unbelievable pressur to make sure this happens sooner than later my friend.unsure.gif

Well hopefully your staff and the treasury are not making the same mistakes on this issue as have been made in the U.S. leading up to a 14 trillion dollar deficit.

• Downvote 1

Your Firs Post Was Crap like this ? :D

Your First Post Was Crap like this ? :D

I know this isent what everyone wants to hear but he has a point....instability is a major issue with our investment and its part of what determines a countries currencies value....they aren't going to do anything with the revaluation until things are under control....an RV isent going to fix all the problems and right now with all the unrest in the middle east it would be silly to try and accomplish something of this magnitude when they have no ides what's in store for tommmorow....I don't think he is saying its a bad investment...just that things need to settle down and stabilize first

Plus, the economy has to get a foothold and start to grow. Iraq doesn't want to depend only on oil and gas revenues, the country would never be stable because of the ups and downs of oil prices. JMO

you are the one that sounds like a pr*ck to me!

this is an A -B convo. C your way out. lol

again, you resort to nothing but personal attacks and humiliation. Pathetic.

The OP has a valid concern and seems like he wanted to share it with us. This is better than hearing omg5dollaRVomg which in turn really makes me think it's not going to RV.

it's a joke brah. lighten up.

• Downvote 1

I know this isent what everyone wants to hear but he has a point....instability is a major issue with our investment and its part of what determines a countries currencies value....they aren't going to do anything with the revaluation until things are under control....an RV isent going to fix all the problems and right now with all the unrest in the middle east it would be silly to try and accomplish something of this magnitude when they have no ides what's in store for tommmorow....I don't think he is saying its a bad investment...just that things need to settle down and stabilize first

How did you feel about the stability of Iraq back in Oct when you "guaranteed" it would RV by Nov. 2nd? I agree that right now doesn't seem to be an ideal time to implement this change but I was just curious about your thought process back then.

CH if anything you have the attention of fellow dinar holders,i have to disagree with you but respect your opinion.It is true i believe that iraq will be a conor stone for peace in the mideast and the rv of the dinar is a piece of the puzzle .I think we are very close i believe that wish the best for everyone.

Wow... Okay....

IMHO,

First, and foremost, the dinar is an asset, not toilet paper, not a get-out-of-jail feee card, or even a millionaire-overnight guarentee. With that being said, those who CONTROL the thing, can DESTROY a thing. None of us know who or where these people are and if you did know, expect that security would be about as tight as a gnat's beind and that survivability, muchless a fair trail and repatriation to your country is on the low end of success. Supposing that someone(s) are foolheardy enoughto attempt such a task, what would you say when you found the person(s) that COULD make the RV go, "Ummm, the rest of the world is tired of waiting and it's my money and I need it now"? Greed at its' best, to say the least. Do you plan to hold hostages or eliminate everyone on site? Did anyone think about what failsafes are enplaced to ensure the RV does not happen ahead, or off, schedule? Many points were brought up that I'd like to add my two cents to since we are just jumping on out there about the conditions on the ground, political climate, and global impact.

Conditions on the ground show that the country, nay the region, is in trumoil and damned near in flames. True, the surrounding countries have a tradeable currency and a functioning government (for what it is worth) but that is not Iraq. These guys have just had their butts handed to them for the past nine years, effectively brining them back to the 'Industrial Age' as far as progress is concerned. The Iron, Bronze, and Stone ages aren't that far off by comparison to the rest of the world. Their basic needs and services come at well below ANYONE's market value and rival third world economies. The people are tired of living this way and want better, got it. They feel that the current GOI has had plenty of time to make progress but spent that time bickering amongst themselves (sorry, that was my personal thought but all the same, I suspect it to be true) and horse trading positions. So, in taking a cue from Egypt, the people of Iraq begin demonstrations and protests. Libyans took to the streets as well to protest their government as did a number of middle eastern countries. Libya and Bahrain's response is by far the harshest to these protests. We now have established the limits of possibility with the results of what CAN happen to Iraq. We just have to see what happens over the weekend.

Which feeds into my next point, the politics. Maliki, Allawi, Shabbs himself, the U.S., IMF, NATO, etc, etc, are watching this situation carefully. The GOI has only a handful of things to resolve before the RV can be done. Mind you, the polical/media shroud in Iraq is a lot thicker considering the limitations they have from their current living conditions. A fully seated GOI has been touted as the only way that the RV can occur. If that was the case then the budget would not have been passed. My point is that there is always another way to get things done. The political horse trading I referred to is most likely due to Maliki ensuring that his most sensitive and lucrative positions are held by qualified persons who think like him and actually like him. Considering that Maliki is a Shiite and has double crossed even his own to stay in power and possibly the abuse of his power, this could take a while. "I'll put you in but you can't turn against me" is probably one of the most famous unwritten rules of democratic dictators and the like. I suspect that Maliki, while not liking the nominations, will have to choose one. Allawi isn't too stable either, IMHO. He'll make a deal then roll over on it just like Maliki. The difference is that Allawi can talk to more groups with a straight face versus Maliki. One would think that Maliki and Allawi would have come to a resolution with the Premiership but apparently not. The Kuwaiti issues with Iraq's Chap 7 have been in 'back room ' negotiations since December and it is unlikely that the general public will know what was done until a press release comes out. The HCL, IMHO, is a matter of draft, refine, vote, implement much akin to the Budget. Considering the budget is done, I'd expect that the HCL would be used to supplement the budget, not degrade it.

So now that we have taken a 'once over' with the previous two, permit me to address the global climate. The icing on the cake, if you will. The global entities that are effected by this are great in number, this is true. I would suspect that ALL parties involved, while saddend by the situation, are more than happy to continually exploit it. We all know that as small investors (that is merely a comparison to those who can, and have, invested more than we have) that we don't control anything with this. So many countries have lost lives attempting to set the stages for an economic recovery that the loss of life alone is justifiable reason to want this over and done with. as far as intervention into Iraq, I wouldn't count on it. The geopolitical climate is too timid, tired, and tore apart to even fathom a venture into Iraq of such a nature. That would be like saying "Hey boys and girls, thanks for what you did in Iraq but you left too soon. Yeah, your plane flies in the morning." Could anyone see a politician commiting political suicide by saying that? I didn't think so. Aside from any UN/diplomatic personnel (to include a limted security force most likely for protection NOT aggression) on the ground, we aren't liable to do, or say, too much that would stop this from happening. The global governing, or affecting, bodies are not going to intervene. How? While I grant you the loss of life is imminent, the collateral damage is likely to be small media and government institutions. I would want to be a desk cop at a small station or an intern at a radio/tv station in Iraq right about now. Iraq is going to figure this out for themselves, one way or another and without global intervention. I'm pretty sure that the World is pretty fed up with Iraq and aren't inclined to support the madness anymore.

Loss of life imminent, check. GOI horse trading and back stabbing, check. The people tired of suffering and half truths, check. Radical groups stackpiling supplies, ammunition and personnel for any impending force of action check. The World sitting back in dismay while trying to deal with their own issues, check. Let's face it, none of us know the answer of when and at what rate. A more important question would be who will live to tell the tale of these events and be able to profit from it? There are going to be a number of people who will be maimed, injured or even killed. Shop stores, mosques, and any other area of mass and concentration will be targets for sectarian violence, terrorism, vandalism etc. While I hope and pray that this does not have the same affect of the Golden Dome Mosque event, I cannot say. Just remember that there are those below even our own economic situations that are going to be a direct recipient of what the GOI does or does not do. I would think that we all should consider ourselves fortunate that we are not going to have to live through what's coming next for the people of Iraq. I appologize for the long winded essay. Been off the net for a while and just finished some catch up research of the past few days. Thank you for reading my comments and please feel free to interject at will.

With that being said, "A white silk blind fold, a 12oz. meduim well ribeye (and A1 steak sauce), a nice port wine, some steamed vegetables and loaded mash potatoes. I'll have a key lime pie with strawberries for dessert. And I'll round it off with a Newport 100 and a Tequila Sunrise made with Patron Ultimo". You may fire when ready.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow... Okay....

IMHO,

First, and foremost, the dinar is an asset, not toilet paper, not a get-out-of-jail feee card, or even a millionaire-overnight guarentee. With that being said, those who CONTROL the thing, can DESTROY a thing. None of us know who or where these people are and if you did know, expect that security would be about as tight as a gnat's beind and that survivability, muchless a fair trail and repatriation to your country is on the low end of success. Supposing that someone(s) are foolheardy enoughto attempt such a task, what would you say when you found the person(s) that COULD make the RV go, "Ummm, the rest of the world is tired of waiting and it's my money and I need it now"? Greed at its' best, to say the least. Do you plan to hold hostages or eliminate everyone on site? Did anyone think about what failsafes are enplaced to ensure the RV does not happen ahead, or off, schedule? Many points were brought up that I'd like to add my two cents to since we are just jumping on out there about the conditions on the ground, political climate, and global impact.

Conditions on the ground show that the country, nay the region, is in trumoil and damned near in flames. True, the surrounding countries have a tradeable currency and a functioning government (for what it is worth) but that is not Iraq. These guys have just had their butts handed to them for the past nine years, effectively brining them back to the 'Industrial Age' as far as progress is concerned. The Iron, Bronze, and Stone ages aren't that far off by comparison to the rest of the world. Their basic needs and services come at well below ANYONE's market value and rival third world economies. The people are tired of living this way and want better, got it. They feel that the current GOI has had plenty of time to make progress but spent that time bickering amongst themselves (sorry, that was my personal thought but all the same, I suspect it to be true) and horse trading positions. So, in taking a cue from Egypt, the people of Iraq begin demonstrations and protests. Libyans took to the streets as well to protest their government as did a number of middle eastern countries. Libya and Bahrain's response is by far the harshest to these protests. We now have established the limits of possibility with the results of what CAN happen to Iraq. We just have to see what happens over the weekend.

Which feeds into my next point, the politics. Maliki, Allawi, Shabbs himself, the U.S., IMF, NATO, etc, etc, are watching this situation carefully. The GOI has only a handful of things to resolve before the RV can be done. Mind you, the polical/media shroud in Iraq is a lot thicker considering the limitations they have from their current living conditions. A fully seated GOI has been touted as the only way that the RV can occur. If that was the case then the budget would not have been passed. My point is that there is always another way to get things done. The political horse trading I referred to is most likely due to Maliki ensuring that his most sensitive and lucrative positions are held by qualified persons who think like him and actually like him. Considering that Maliki is a Shiite and has double crossed even his own to stay in power and possibly the abuse of his power, this could take a while. "I'll put you in but you can't turn against me" is probably one of the most famous unwritten rules of democratic dictators and the like. I suspect that Maliki, while not liking the nominations, will have to choose one. Allawi isn't too stable either, IMHO. He'll make a deal then roll over on it just like Maliki. The difference is that Allawi can talk to more groups with a straight face versus Maliki. One would think that Maliki and Allawi would have come to a resolution with the Premiership but apparently not. The Kuwaiti issues with Iraq's Chap 7 have been in 'back room ' negotiations since December and it is unlikely that the general public will know what was done until a press release comes out. The HCL, IMHO, is a matter of draft, refine, vote, implement much akin to the Budget. Considering the budget is done, I'd expect that the HCL would be used to supplement the budget, not degrade it.

So now that we have taken a 'once over' with the previous two, permit me to address the global climate. The icing on the cake, if you will. The global entities that are effected by this are great in number, this is true. I would suspect that ALL parties involved, while saddend by the situation, are more than happy to continually exploit it. We all know that as small investors (that is merely a comparison to those who can, and have, invested more than we have) that we don't control anything with this. So many countries have lost lives attempting to set the stages for an economic recovery that the loss of life alone is justifiable reason to want this over and done with. as far as intervention into Iraq, I wouldn't count on it. The geopolitical climate is too timid, tired, and tore apart to even fathom a venture into Iraq of such a nature. That would be like saying "Hey boys and girls, thanks for what you did in Iraq but you left too soon. Yeah, your plane flies in the morning." Could anyone see a politician commiting political suicide by saying that? I didn't think so. Aside from any UN/diplomatic personnel (to include a limted security force most likely for protection NOT aggression) on the ground, we aren't liable to do, or say, too much that would stop this from happening. The global governing, or affecting, bodies are not going to intervene. How? While I grant you the loss of life is imminent, the collateral damage is likely to be small media and government institutions. I would want to be a desk cop at a small station or an intern at a radio/tv station in Iraq right about now. Iraq is going to figure this out for themselves, one way or another and without global intervention. I'm pretty sure that the World is pretty fed up with Iraq and aren't inclined to support the madness anymore.

Loss of life imminent, check. GOI horse trading and back stabbing, check. The people tired of suffering and half truths, check. Radical groups stackpiling supplies, ammunition and personnel for any impending force of action check. The World sitting back in dismay while trying to deal with their own issues, check. Let's face it, none of us know the answer of when and at what rate. A more important question would be who will live to tell the tale of these events and be able to profit from it? There are going to be a number of people who will be maimed, injured or even killed. Shop stores, mosques, and any other area of mass and concentration will be targets for sectarian violence, terrorism, vandalism etc. While I hope and pray that this does not have the same affect of the Golden Dome Mosque event, I cannot say. Just remember that there are those below even our own economic situations that are going to be a direct recipient of what the GOI does or does not do. I would think that we all should consider ourselves fortunate that we are not going to have to live through what's coming next for the people of Iraq. I appologize for the long winded essay. Been off the net for a while and just finished some catch up research of the past few days. Thank you for reading my comments and please feel free to interject at will.

With that being said, "A white silk blind fold, a 12oz. meduim well ribeye (and A1 steak sauce), a nice port wine, some steamed vegetables and loaded mash potatoes. I'll have a key lime pie with strawberries for dessert. And I'll round it off with a Newport 100 and a Tequila Sunrise made with Patron Ultimo". You may fire when ready.

Dude I have been in Iraq without a break since July of last year and you posted this! Everything sounds great except I'm going to trade the Newport 100 for a Cuban Montecristo #2. B)