Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV NO TIME SOON

C.H.

I give him a negative not because his opinion (he might be right), but because he seems like a condescending pric*. you don't have to be a jerkoff to get your point across.

I fail to see how he "seems" like a condescending pric*?

So you're giving negatives based on assumption because you think he's a certain way? Sounds like you're the condescending pric* to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Set the rumors aside and face the facts folks the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar is no where near the horizon. If one where living here in the Middle East such as myself you would be privy to all the latest up to date news and facts as well as the views of the Arab world. The current environment here is one of a powder keg waiting to go off with the most recent unrest and up risings taking place things are very unstable in the entire region at the moment. Common sense should tell the most prudent investor that with instability such as we are witnessing in the region is, how could one expect his or her investment (Iraqi Dinar) to revalue and remain stable at this particular time? For those of you who do not understand currency and investing let me put it to you bluntly, it is like wishing in one hand and dumping in the other to see which one fills up the fastest. When hope finally falls to despair only then will the most prudent investors in this arena secure their profits.

So wait...you dump in your hand? Thats kinda gross!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As an entrepreneur who is working 24/7 to get his own company off the ground, I have encountered many potential investors with the mindset of C.H. Most use words like "prudence" and "realism" frequently. I have found through my own experience that these words are all code words for fear. One of the big reasons why there is a total of 3 trillion dollars sitting idle in US Banks and corporate coffers is that these entities are afraid, because the current environmnet is so new, fluid and unknown that their collective experience does not equip them to determine accurately what will happen next. So they sit on the sidelines and wait - and wait - and wait. All the while, they are helping make the economic problems worse.

Sure, corporations and investors have a responsibility to make informed decisions on how to allocate their assets. However, what most haven't figured out is that most, if not all of the old rules that have governed these decisions either are, or soon will be, out the window. The RV is one of the first events that will entirely reshape the world financial landscape. It has a direct and profound effect on a great many organizations and countries, far beyond just Iraq or even the ME.

The stability/RV connection is the classic "chicken or the egg" argument. What comes first? More to the point, can you even get to stability without an RV? For those who say yes, show me how. If the average Iraqi is paying what he is for basic subsistence right now, how will the government provide stability without an RV? To my knowledge, no one on this forum has provided satisfactory answers to that question yet. If they exist, please bring them to light for our collective benefit. JMO. GO RV!

• Upvote 4

Thank you for your opinion....

Exactly it's an opinion. Again I ask,,,, why are these always posted in the rumors?!? oh my word, is it because this is where most of the views are seen, and they just want as much attention as they can get??? <_< I don't get it.... ugh. I guess a pet peeve of mine, sorry guys. back to reality now.

• Upvote 2

As an entrepreneur who is working 24/7 to get his own company off the ground, I have encountered many potential investors with the mindset of C.H. Most use words like "prudence" and "realism" frequently. I have found through my own experience that these words are all code words for fear. One of the big reasons why there is a total of 3 trillion dollars sitting idle in US Banks and corporate coffers is that these entities are afraid, because the current environmnet is so new, fluid and unknown that their collective experience does not equip them to determine accurately what will happen next. So they sit on the sidelines and wait - and wait - and wait. All the while, they are helping make the economic problems worse.

Sure, corporations and investors have a responsibility to make informed decisions on how to allocate their assets. However, what most haven't figured out is that most, if not all of the old rules that have governed these decisions either are, or soon will be, out the window. The RV is one of the first events that will entirely reshape the world financial landscape. It has a direct and profound effect on a great many organizations and countries, far beyond just Iraq or even the ME.

The stability/RV connection is the classic "chicken or the egg" argument. What comes first? More to the point, can you even get to stability without an RV? For those who say yes, show me how. If the average Iraqi is paying what he is for basic subsistence right now, how will the government provide stability without an RV? To my knowledge, no one on this forum has provided satisfactory answers to that question yet. If they exist, please bring them to light for our collective benefit. JMO. GO RV!

This was a most excellent assessment of our investment.

Set the rumors aside and face the facts folks the Revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar is no where near the horizon. If one where living here in the Middle East such as myself you would be privy to all the latest up to date news and facts as well as the views of the Arab world. The current environment here is one of a powder keg waiting to go off with the most recent unrest and up risings taking place things are very unstable in the entire region at the moment. Common sense should tell the most prudent investor that with instability such as we are witnessing in the region is, how could one expect his or her investment (Iraqi Dinar) to revalue and remain stable at this particular time? For those of you who do not understand currency and investing let me put it to you bluntly, it is like wishing in one hand and dumping in the other to see which one fills up the fastest. When hope finally falls to despair only then will the most prudent investors in this arena secure their profits.

I totally agree :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sure CH IRaq is going nowhere...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/4/210119/&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com

http://www.treasury.gov/connect/blog/Pages/Engaging-New-Iraqi-Leadership-on-Economic-Policies-for-a-Sovereign-Stable-and-Self-Reliant-Iraq.aspx

And you boasting about working in the middle east doesn't impress me at all.

There are a lot of people on these boards that work in the middle east too.

Edited by quadraph0nic
  • Upvote 1

Treasury has nearly a dozen staff in Baghdad – one of our largest teams anywhere in the world – providing technical assistance to help Iraq create a stable macroeconomic environment and build a solid foundation for economic growth. My meetings were extremely productive and helped to strengthen Treasury’s relationship with Iraqi leadership on key economic issues as part of the Strategic Framework Agreement.

The Obama Administration is committed to a sovereign, stable, and self-sufficient Iraq and intends to remain a key partner of the Iraqi people and government across a full range of issues. I look forward to strengthening Treasury’s partnership with Iraq’s leadership toward that end.

Hey CH,......Have a look(Read)= Comprehend and then think about what you posted. Its not just up to Iraq. The World is exerting unbelievable pressur to make sure this happens sooner than later my friend.unsure.gif

• Upvote 2

Sure CH IRaq is going nowhere...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/4/210119/&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com

http://www.treasury.gov/connect/blog/Pages/Engaging-New-Iraqi-Leadership-on-Economic-Policies-for-a-Sovereign-Stable-and-Self-Reliant-Iraq.aspx

And you boasting about working in the middle east doesn't impress me at all.

There are a lot of people on these boards that work in the middle east too.

Amen Brother!! Please let it RV so I can leave this easy money and leave the middle east and never look back!!!!!!! I miss the U.S.A! :lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

He really never said it wasnt going to RV. But he is accurate in short selling the dinar if something wrong happens after RV. Imagine playing a guaranteed downtrend at a RV of $3.22 you could make some serious money. And if it happen on a day the banks werent open like a sunday night when the forex opens you wouldnt beable to cash in because by the time the banks were open on monday the value could be next to nothing.

• Upvote 1

I give pluses or minuses based on the content of a post. I don't judge a post because someone has 10 or 101 posts. There are many intelligent people in this site that read many posts and only reply to ones they think would benefit others. Preconceived ides on #s of posts may limit someone from reading a possibly important piece of news. I give positive to important posts and fresh ideas and give minuses to the people who criticize and squabble with each other.

• Upvote 4

Obviously you have never heard of a short sale.

that is the problem CH nobody has created the short side of this bet. Only upside of this has been created. I would love to short this all DAY!

Obviously you have never heard of a short sale.

SheepDog, I think you are correct in your statement and I have been saying this for several weeks now. CH isn't totaly wrong, however he needs to follow his thoughts to the correct conclusion.

As the unrest gets moving along further and they will, you will see the trigger for an RV. The PM knows that the people want a higher standard of living. This will be the easiest and least bloody way to satisfy the movement and the world will see an unscheduled RV. The protest will be put down, the Iraqi people will be happy and so will all other concerns. The only problem IMO will be that any sudden movement on an unscheduled RV will ressult in a value of $.50 or less and will remain there for at least 6 months.

• Upvote 1

I know this isent what everyone wants to hear but he has a point....instability is a major issue with our investment and its part of what determines a countries currencies value....they aren't going to do anything with the revaluation until things are under control....an RV isent going to fix all the problems and right now with all the unrest in the middle east it would be silly to try and accomplish something of this magnitude when they have no ides what's in store for tommmorow....I don't think he is saying its a bad investment...just that things need to settle down and stabilize first

I always look for Keepm's posts for his insight on issues here. I would also agree there are thing that have to occur first, like overcoming the unrest over there. They want and need to turn on lights and be able to flush toilets. This alone should push them to RV soon. They need to Rv so they can start to pay outsiders/companies for equipment and building materials etc. . No-one from here wants to be paid .00087 (what ever it is now) cents on the dollar. So as the saying goes 'don't have a pot to pee in' is motivation but so is 67 virgins when you die for the cause....EVIL. I know I have said this before but this investment is much better than penny stocks...Yahhh, I have a few of those too.

Edited by Prim