Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi families living in huts on a day does not exceed $4: We are without hope

k98nights

Iraqi families living in huts on a day does not exceed $4: We are without hope

Haidar Ali Jawad -23/02/2011 ad-9: 41, | readers number: 73

Live faleeha Hassan in a small house in the center of Baghdad with 11 members of her family, like thousands of other protesters in Iraq does not believe that political leaders are making every effort to improve their lives at the same time, international experts said that the country is suffering the efficiency of officials, which means that the elimination of problems and management reform requires a longer period of time than necessary.

Says faleeha (67 years old), sitting on the ground surrounded باحفادها in the house where living in two decades ago, " Politicians and leaders are not interested, we have a lot of money and care for others."

The problems faced by faleeha Hassan and her children واحفادها continues in Iraq since the fall of the regime in 2003.

Her son Sam is the only source of livelihood in this family, through the sale of soup visitors near the shrine of Sheikh Abdul-Qader Al-Kilani.

Medal and five thousand dinars per day (four dollars), by way of comparison, deputy in the parliament, the highest paid Ninety times.

Husband faleeha has become very weak and could not work in, the other son Muhammad in a suicide attack in January (January 2007). The government has reduced the share of the ration card, which is distributed free of charge to the citizens. The ration card system انشيء in the context of the "oil-for-food" in order to "alleviate the" tragic the embargo imposed by the United Nations on Iraq after the invasion of Kuwait.

And that the family of faleeha under poverty line set by the government for $2,20 per person per day.

Government statistics estimated that seven million Iraqis representing five of the people living below the poverty line, the number of which is expected to increase as a result of not receiving about six million households the food rations for six months.

At a time when the prime minister Ambitious plans to reduce poverty in the coming years, reduce from 22 percent to 16 percent of the population by 2015, experts doubt the poor both the possibility of achieving that.

He said mahdi al-` *** under the Iraqi minister of planning, " This (the problem) is not difficult to solve, because the vast majority of poor people living in the vicinity of this threshold, and if put into practice the right policies and procedures will be this level."

This talk is true in theory as Iraq has the fourth largest oil reserve in the world and has all the guarantees to increase its income.

But the country has undergone successive conditions destroyed its economy.

The view of the United Nations in a report released the that "wars and sanctions that have contributed to the deterioration of the standard of living of the Iraqi people," adding that " this country used to be in the past, the most advanced in the Middle East."

The government adopted at the end of 2009, " the national anti-poverty strategy, which included six goals, the creation of jobs and equality between men and women and improve the system of health care and education.

It is due to present in May (may), a preliminary report on what had been carried out.

But experts believe that Iraq was still suffering under the problems make it difficult for the reduction of poverty.

Said Khalid Mohammad Khaled, an analyst at the United Nations Development Programme based in Amman referring to a report by Transparency International, which was Iraq in fourth place among the most corrupt in the world, that "the lack of efficient officials at the local and central levels means that tackling poverty may require more time than expected," he said.

He added that the country needs more reforms to ", considering that this is the most important to increase the per capita income.

He said he wondered "if there is no better health and education if not create infrastructure, what does it mean to give more money?" he said.

The report calls on the United Nations to diversify the economy, pointing out that the oil sector provides only 1 percent of the posts, even though it is 65 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) of Iraq.

In the wake of growing popular discontent, the government decided to reduce the salaries of senior officials, including Prime Minister by up to half, and decided to increase the allocation التموينة to four billion dollars.

Says the morning (60 years old), a mother of eight and only one of them that all this does not convince those suffering from poverty.

She said the morning, who lives in a hut in a dump waste in zafaraniyah region southeast of Baghdad, " We have no hope."

She adds " Here there is no water, no electricity, no schools. Why we live so? Don't countries rich in oil and gas? " he said.

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_117513.html

• Upvote 4

THIS IS SO TERRIBLE FOR THEASE PEOPLE A COUNTRY WITH SO MUCH OIL SHOULDE BE DIONG EVERTHING THEY CAN FOR THIERPEOPLE ,I WOULD IT JUST SEEMS TO ME THEY COULD CARE LESS,THATS THE PROBLEM NO ONE CARES,I WISH I HAD BILLIONS OF $$$$$$$$ IBE OVER THIER HELPING OUT------------------------ GREAT FIND k98knights

• Upvote 1

To live in such poverty is terrible, but then to have 8 kids and watch them suffer is so much worse.

Even though I wanted more than the one I have, I cant understand wanting more when all I can afford is a 1 bedroom apartment.

I also feel for the people of this country, but i also keep in mind we freed them from a dictatorship that was far greater then what the have now, it takes time to build a goverment and astablise services to the people. Once every thing is in place they can do thease things to help the people.The country was blown all to hell to free them, and remember Rome was not built over nite eather. This country has come a long way from what it was as far as i can see. And will continue to prosper.Its a rough road to go but they will make it. Just my thoughts . :)

I hope there is enough food on the shelves to feed these people, once the RV happens. However, where the heck is the food they need NOW? WHY hasn't the Government got off their duffs and fed and watered their people? Oh thats right, we have a party or Holy day to go to...we have a break today...we have a meeting in another country so as to make arrangements for our family to escape to...on and on and on. In the mean time.. the people suffer and suffer and suffer. The biggest shame is that all of this could have been prevented. Even though they have not RV'd. THEY HAVE BILLIONS MISSING. BILLIONS. Couldn't they have afforded to take just a little of it and taken care of their people? No...you can bet your hinney that it is either in off shore accounts or in a military project. To HECK with taking care of our people!!! :angry: