Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hitting The Wall...

The Original Spike

The Iraqi's have no idea what a democracy is. they only know dictatorship, complete with lying, stealing and back door deals. Look at our current political system. We can't get anything done without adding "pork" to all of our laws.

Throw in the fact that this is a whole different culture, ME folks don't think anything like we do. So no wonder we get frustrated trying to figure out what the heck they are thinking or doing over there

I hit the wall, and then don't look... then I look and look at EVERYTHING combing the rumor section for clues. Then I close down all my browser windows, then I start all over again. I've researched IBCs, Chapter 7, CBI, WTO, conspiracy theories, taxes, tax shelters, trusts, expatriation, financial planning, wealth management, ISX, stock markets, and a dozen other things, oh yeah, Middle Eastern current events and history! Then there's the US constitution...

Yanno, even if this doesn't happen soon, I've paid for a fabulous self-education! I am so much more financially savvy than I ever used to be. My eyes now look WAY beyond my own US back yard!

• Upvote 1

I'm with you all the way Spike. An eloquent post which reflects my own feelings today.

Bang, Thanks for another level headed post. I understand Spikes frustration and I appreciate your positive thoughts. Keep them coming smile.gif

Nice rants and follow-ups.

Just keep in mind, as frustrated as we are, at least we had money to invest (not like most locals suffering in Iraq).

I am more confident in RV than I am in our current US administration for helping the US out of our problems. WE patriots will rebuild our economy.

I hit the wall, and then don't look... then I look and look at EVERYTHING combing the rumor section for clues. Then I close down all my browser windows, then I start all over again. I've researched IBCs, Chapter 7, CBI, WTO, conspiracy theories, taxes, tax shelters, trusts, expatriation, financial planning, wealth management, ISX, stock markets, and a dozen other things, oh yeah, Middle Eastern current events and history! Then there's the US constitution...

Yanno, even if this doesn't happen soon, I've paid for a fabulous self-education! I am so much more financially savvy than I ever used to be. My eyes now look WAY beyond my own US back yard!

Howzit Wahine?

Have you looked into the history of the sovereign nation of Hawai'i (Hawai'ian Kingdom and Hawai'ian Republic)? I agree about becoming self-educated on finance, it makes for a good future. You might find it interesting to research and check-out why Hawai'i is not actually a state. Can you say "Dole, Thurston, Alexander, Baldwin, Castle & Cooke". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Hawaii

If you look deep enough you may find out that the Hawai'ian people actually are the funding source behind the world bank. There is some fascinating stuff...

Aloha Nui

(Formerly from Kailua-Kona)

Send **** Cheney over there for a 'personal' meeting with Maliki. See how fast the lights get turned on after

Richard (don't want a bunch of asterisks) Cheney is a private citizen now, who holds no government or diplomatic office.

Please explain to a dumb old jarhead how a private citizen, with some strong assets divested in proven companies like Haliburton and other energy-extraction technology firms, can fly over to Iraq for a "personal" meeting with Maliki. What in the hell makes you think Maliki would even give a private American citizen, albeit a wealthy one, the time of day.

Sorry, try again. Richard Cheney is not Jimmy Carter. Now that he is out of public service, he doesn't fly the earth making a complete fool of himself with scum like the tin-hat morons Iraq is doing rather well at producing now that they have control of the reigns.

Every day I try to hold faith that my fallen Marines didn't die fighting for a worthless cause, and that those of us lucky enough to make it home didn't waste our time fighting a worthless cause. The longer I watch this nuthouse descend into madness the harder it becomes to keep the faith.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Spike - I always look forward to your intuitive, strait up posts. I appreciate what you are saying and I commend you on your very open and honest commentary. I think many of us are feeling frustrated too. I'm telling you what.... this has been one heck of an education for myself. Not just with politics, culture, investing but also with an amazing journey into our human pysche.

Thank you for your post and for everyone else on here who in spite of everything that each has endured from the war to the investment has held tight to their values and appreciation of our human journey and the belief that growth, change and faith in those will provide a spectacular outcome.

Namaste.

• Upvote 1

Richard (don't want a bunch of asterisks) Cheney is a private citizen now, who holds no government or diplomatic office.

Please explain to a dumb old jarhead how a private citizen, with some strong assets divested in proven companies like Haliburton and other energy-extraction technology firms, can fly over to Iraq for a "personal" meeting with Maliki. What in the hell makes you think Maliki would even give a private American citizen, albeit a wealthy one, the time of day.

Sorry, try again. Richard Cheney is not Jimmy Carter. Now that he is out of public service, he doesn't fly the earth making a complete fool of himself with scum like the tin-hat morons Iraq is doing rather well at producing now that they have control of the reigns.

Every day I try to hold faith that my fallen Marines didn't die fighting for a worthless cause, and that those of us lucky enough to make it home didn't waste our time fighting a worthless cause. The longer I watch this nuthouse descend into madness the harder it becomes to keep the faith.

Hi Ekfinn, You will need to do your research about the one called **** Cheney. And many others. Not perty anyway you look at it. You may find things that provoke disbelief. **** Cheney is heavily immersed in some very undesirable (to the normal citizen and serviceman/woman) activities. You may find that the wars you have fought and the things we as a nation have been told were totally inappropriate or wrong.

IMO.

Namaste

• 1 month later...

... Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it every was... More words and no actions equal the same thing... Tell ya what... I remember hearing this phrase in the not so recent past, " Hold out both your hands, palms up. Now, fill one with expectations and the other with bull excrement.... I can gaurentee you, I know which hand will fill up first." Same rumors with small twists, reguergitated year after year... Get it done already, PLEASE!!! I really have grown to like a lot of you, but I'd be able to like everybody more with a little cash in my pocket...LOL

• Upvote 2

... Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it every was... More words and no actions equal the same thing... Tell ya what... I remember hearing this phrase in the not so recent past, " Hold out both your hands, palms up. Now, fill one with expectations and the other with bull excrement.... I can gaurentee you, I know which hand will fill up first." Same rumors with small twists, reguergitated year after year... Get it done already, PLEASE!!! I really have grown to like a lot of you, but I'd be able to like everybody more with a little cash in my pocket...LOL

Love your wisdom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll stop dredging this up as soon as something transpires to validate something more than a steamy, pile of cow poop. >:(P

LOL!!! Close to the same time last year, but I'm much more calm about it all now....  LOL!!! :bravo:

UR RIGHT

LOL!!! UR RIGHT LOL!!!

We Must Just LOVE "Cow Poop" LOL!!!  :P  

Just Gotta Have Some Humor Through All This... "Cow Poop" Hahaha

• Upvote 1

LOL!!! Close to the same time last year, but I'm much more calm about it all now....  LOL!!! :bravo:

A two year hiatus on this post... but welcome back Spike... we've just been keepin' ourselves entertained and informed (whatever that means :rolleyes: )... it will be when it will be... and there's not much we can do about it... though imo if they don't do it "right quick"... things could come unglued and get ugly real fast over there!!!  They should RV just for the leaders personal safety!!!   :rolleyes:  Come on Boyz.... it's way past time to "Git-R-Dun"!!!  ;) 

• 4 weeks later...