Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This Nails It right on the head.

rtrusty

Submitted by AlanB again - Thanks

This Nails It!

Had I written this letter, I would have taken credit for it. The person who wrote this letter whoever you are, you have made it very clear to everyone, who is to blame and my hat is off to you! It must be said though, the voters voted these people in, now if they will just vote out the ones who are not doing their job...

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. August, 2010.

Here's a response in a letter from a unknown fellow in Montana ... I think he is a little ticked off ! He also tells it like it is ! Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight...

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health-care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators who are "greedy". It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a b......"

PASS IT ON!!!!

Submitted by AlanB again - Thanks

This Nails It!

Had I written this letter, I would have taken credit for it. The person who wrote this letter whoever you are, you have made it very clear to everyone, who is to blame and my hat is off to you! It must be said though, the voters voted these people in, now if they will just vote out the ones who are not doing their job...

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. August, 2010.

Here's a response in a letter from a unknown fellow in Montana ... I think he is a little ticked off ! He also tells it like it is ! Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight...

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and health-care benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators who are "greedy". It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a b......"

PASS IT ON!!!!

That why what is going on in wyoming needs to spill over into every state in this union. The political cronies will not pay attenion until everybody here rises up against their long time theft of our money. Leave our social security alone, we paid for this not you............

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Although I agree with the author of the letter regarding the actions and attitudes of career politicians to be down right shameful...it is my opinion that it is also time to start a phase out program of social security and medicare altogethor. Where in the Constitution does it say that government owe's you a retirment or help with your medical bills?

Wake up America!

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases."

Thomas Jefferson

• Upvote 6

I love it...I could not have summed it up as good....It is the politicians that are Greedy not middle America......they need to cut spending just like WE DID... I got 2 words for them and they are not "Lets Dance" :angry:

TERM LIMITS FOR CONGESS SENATORS ALIKE/

i cant understand why we put up with this crap?public servant needs to be redefined? geez why dont we fire these smucks? many questions how bout some answers.

Although I agree with the author of the letter regarding the actions and attitudes of career politicians to be down right shameful...it is my opinion that it is also time to start a phase out program of social security and medicare altogethor. Where in the Constitution does it say that government owe's you a retirment or help with your medical bills?

Wake up America!

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases."

Thomas Jefferson

o theyd love that but do you think theyll stop takin the money from us? i highly doubt theyll ever wanna give it back. crooks just like the mob lol

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD,,,THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY HAVE BEEN LIED TO,,,SOCIAL SECRITY IS EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS,,,SECURE THE MASSES IN THERE OLD AGE WITH DIGNITY.... THEY HAVE BEEN STEALING FROM SOCIAL SECURITY SINCE EISENHOWER,,,TO BALANCE THE BUDGET....SOCIAL SECURITY IS SOLVENT AS IT STANDS TILL 2039,,,AT WHICH TIME I WILL BE 99,,,AND IT IS ESITMATED THAT AT IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE SOLVENT AS BABY BOOMERS PASS THE AGE OF 90,,,THINK FOR YOURSELVES,,DON`T JUST SUCK UP WHAT THESE KNOWN LIARS TELL YOU,,,ASK YOUR SENATORS IF SOCIAL SECURITY IS A DRAIN ON THE BUDGET,,,OR ARE THEY AGAIN TRYING TO STEAL FROM OUR FUND TO,,,PULL THEM OUT

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just love it when someone has such a superb knowledge of language that they can write this kind of diatribe, and then has the guts to put it to paper and "publish" it by posting to the web. I can see why they could not sign it, but it reflects the feelings of so many it doesn't need any other signature than "The American Taxpayers"

Thanks for posting this great example of freedom of speech.

:)

smee2

Wake up America!

Are you kidding me?? What are you... a Teenager???

The senior citizens of America have paid for social security and medicare with their blood, sweat, and tears.

This country was built on the backs of their labor and creative thinking!

They have had this money extracted involuntarily from their paychecks week after week, month after month, and year after year!

Having been told it was being invested and drawing interest so it would be available for their retirement.

Not everyone who works, or has worked in this country has had the benefit of having a portion of their earnings invested into

401K and other investment programs in the hopes of having it for retirement. (Sadly, a lot of folks even got screwed out of that!)

Many Americans have worked what might be considered to others as menial minimum wage jobs, however, money was

withheld from their paychecks for social security and medicare, none the less!

And Yes... this money IS OWED to THEM!... This money DOES NOT belong to the government... IT BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE!! ... Plus Interest!

The worst mistake people have made is believing and trusting in the politicians whom they voted into office to represent them and to be mediators between the people and big government.

And the really sad part is that many of the young greedy politicians who are now in office are the offspring of the seniors of this country!!

What a pity!!!

Thomas Jefferson

• Upvote 4

The senior citizens of America have paid for social security and medicare with their blood, sweat, and tears.

They have had this money extracted involuntarily from their paychecks week after week, month after month, and year after year!

Having been told it was being invested and drawing interest so it would be available for their retirement.

Not everyone who works, or has worked in this country has had the benefit of having a portion of their earnings invested into

401K and other investment programs in the hopes of having it for retirement. (Sadly, a lot of folks even got screwed out of that!)

Many Americans have worked what might be considered to others as menial minimum wage jobs, however, money was

And Yes... this money IS OWED to THEM!... This money DOES NOT belong to the government... IT BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE!! ... Plus Interest!

The worst mistake people have made is believing and trusting in the politicians whom they voted into office to represent them and to be mediators between the people and big government.

And the really sad part is that many of the young greedy politicians who are now in office are the offspring of the seniors of this country!!

What a pity!!!

Read more:

You have helped me make my point. Because lawmakers just can't seem to help themselves to do the right thing when it comes to our money, why let them manage it in the first place?

I am actually in my 40's. For those who have paid in all their lives they should in fact get their money back. No issue there.

My suggestion is a phase out of the program. Granted those that are at or near retirement should receive their just compensation. I know the Devil is in the details but I would be willing to pay into the program a few more years and still not receive a check later. This still gives me 20+ working years to prepare for my own retirement.

There has to be some cut off point where the young pay for those that have been forced into the scheme for a set number of years and then are released. This would ensure solvency until those that are lets say already in their 50's or older will be provided for. The rest of us should be preparing for ourselves.

Hopefully that clarifies it a bit.....I don't want anyone getting the short end of the stick. I just want the government out of my pocket as much as possible.

Edited by nowhammies
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

What a pity!!!

Read more:

You have helped me make my point. Because lawmakers just can't seem to help themselves to do the right thing when it comes to our money, why let them manage it in the first place?

I am actually in my 40's. For those who have paid in all their lives they should in fact get their money back. No issue there.

My suggestion is a phase out of the program. Granted those that are at or near retirement should receive their just compensation. I know the Devil is in the details but I would be willing to pay into the program a few more years and still not receive a check later. This still gives me 20+ working years to prepare for my own retirement.

There has to be some cut off point where the young pay for those that have been forced into the scheme for a set number of years and then are released. This would ensure solvency until those that are lets say already in their 50's or older will be provided for. The rest of us should be preparing for ourselves.

Hopefully that clarifies it a bit.....I don't want anyone getting the short end of the stick. I just want the government out of my pocket as much as possible.

I am not the one who gave you a minus but let me once again point out that there are millions of people in this country who are working

minimum wage jobs, which are in fact "service oriented" , an industry that would not survive without these workers and they are barely scraping

by with high gas & food prices and certain mandatory expenses like infant carriers, car insurance and if things go "Obama's Way" mandatory health care insurance, etc.

These are all good people who work hard. By what means would you suggest that these workers save for their retirement?

I am not the one who gave you a minus but let me once again point out that there are millions of people in this country who are working

minimum wage jobs, which are in fact "service oriented" , an industry that would not survive without these workers and they are barely scraping

by with high gas & food prices and certain mandatory expenses like infant carriers, car insurance and if things go "Obama's Way" mandatory health care insurance, etc.

These are all good people who work hard. By what means would you suggest that these workers save for their retirement?

Simple...they have the ss deduction coming out of their checks already right? Instead of the mandatory deduction they could save /invest the money themselves. It only takes personal responsibility all the while taking the government out of the equation whom we already know can't manage our money.

THESE YOUNG PEOPLE HAVE TO READ ABOUT HOW THIS CAME ABOUT,,,SOCIAL SECURITY THAT IS,,,FOR YOUR EDIFICATION,THIS WAS DONE,AFTER THE LAST BIG DEPRESSION,,,WHEN WALL STREET AND THE BANKERS SCREWED OUR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS,,,YOU MAY HAVE HEARD ABOUT 1929,,,WHEN 95% OF THE PEOPLE OF U.S.A. LOST ALL THEY HAD WORKED FOR,,,SOUND FAMILIAR.THAT`S WHEN IT WAS DECIDED THAT THE GOV. WOULD EXTRACT FUNDS EACH WEEK ,,OUT OF OUR PAY CHECKS,,WE HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER...THERE WERE NO IRAS,401K,S AND MOST OF US BARELY MADE ENOUGH TO support OUR FAMILIES,,, BUT WE STRUGGLED TO SAVE TO SEND OUR CHILDREN TO SCHOOL AND ON TO COLLEGE,,,SO THEY CAN ENJOY THE FRUITS OF OUR LABORS...THE WORST THING IS WE ARE NOT A BURDEN ON THE BUDGET,BUT YOU PREFER TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE WITH DEEP POCKETS,,,WHO BTW ARE COLLECTING THIER SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS...