Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV before the 25th

jcampjr

I rent to an Iraq family. They are late for this months rent, and I met with them yesterday to collect some money. They do not know I have dinar, but he explained to me the dinar investment and told me to hurry and buy some before Friday, and after Friday he would pay me for this month and next months rent. But then he would be giving me his thirty days notice. I said see you in the Bahama's LOL. Hope it works out!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

No one in / from Iraq, especially not some renter, knows exactly the date of the RV. I highly doubt it will be this week considering that the Parliament is off for a week to deal with the political protests. Interesting rumour, but no real justification.

What will you do when he cannot pay the rent by Friday and retracts his notice? I personally would say "too bad" and let them go. If they can't pay the rent on time, it might be worth finding someone else. I do know that once this RVs, I would like to get out of having tenants in my home.

As a landlord, I am sitting here laughing at this one. It is the most creative, if far fetched, renter's excuse for not having the rent on time that I have ever heard. If your friend who rents, took this excuse and will wait, he will come back and find the house empty, the built-in dishwasher gone, all the light bulbs taken, mirrors, lighting fixtures, baseboard heating units ... all gone. Been there and done that, won't go there again.

Seriously ... it is so sad it is funny.

smee2

As a landlord, I am sitting here laughing at this one. It is the most creative, if far fetched, renter's excuse for not having the rent on time that I have ever heard. If your friend who rents, took this excuse and will wait, he will come back and find the house empty, the built-in dishwasher gone, all the light bulbs taken, mirrors, lighting fixtures, baseboard heating units ... all gone. Been there and done that, won't go there again.

Seriously ... it is so sad it is funny.

smee2

OMG! Smee don't even go there! I have a Rental property 3 floors in Portsmouth VA I just had to GUT the entire building from water damage, replaced the roof as well. So I'm into this renovation for about a month and my Neighbor who is a firefighter and I are chatting about this and I said I should have burned the place down, He then replies to me "That's easy use a bag of lays potato chips and a match that will do it"? :blink: I then said thanks allot for telling me this NOW THAT I'M BURIED IN THE RENOVATIONS. SIGH I never win. :blink: