Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tuesday, Feb. 22nd ~ Iraqi parliament to Resume

CSTEP

Tuesday, Feb. 22nd ~ Iraqi parliament to Resume Tomorrow after verbal altercations between some members ...(?)

Conflicting articles ~ Monday, Feb. 28th ~ Parliament Resumes ~ Council ends the first reading to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure ...

February 21, 2011

Iraqi parliament to raise its tomorrow after verbal altercations between some members

Several news reports stated the Iraqi parliament will adjourn and reconvene in one week allowing lawmakers to go back home and discuss political issues with citizens.

However this article from a mainstream Iraq news agency indicates parliament adjourned today and will reconvene on tomorrow, Tuesday.

We will know more as the day progresses…or we will have to see what transpires in the next 24 hours.

Baghdad, A source from within the meeting of the Council of Representatives on Monday, the President of the Council Osama Nujaifi adjourn the meeting to the 37 tomorrow after the meeting witnessed verbal altercations between the deputies on the closure of offices in the channel Baghdadiya earlier, in addition to demonstrations and events associated with them in Sulaymaniyah during the past few days.

The source, who preferred anonymity, told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that “the President of the House of Representatives Osama Nujaifi adjourn the meeting until the day Monday because of the joust between the two Vice-Iraqi List, Haidar al-Mulla, Ahmed Orabi, on the investigation file on the channel Baghdadi.”

The source explained that “Mullah rejected the accusations made against him by some MPs acknowledging receipt of funds from the channel in order to defend it.”

The Communications and Media Commission of Iraq has decided to early November last, close the offices of Al Baghdadi space in Baghdad and the provinces on the back of the channel a phone call to militants who seized control of the Church “Our Lady of Deliverance” in central Baghdad a few days earlier, and promised to work done by the Baghdadi as an act falls within the framework of the promotion of armed groups.

The source pointed out that “meeting this morning witnessed verbal altercations between the Congress coalition Kurdish blocs on the one hand and a list of change on the other hand, against the backdrop of demonstrations staged by the city of Sulaymaniyah and recently accompanied the work of two people and caused a number of other wounded.”

Turn, the MP said the Iraqi List, Zuhair al-Araji’s (Rn) that “the parliament voted on the composition of the special investigative failures distribution of electric power based on a request by 85 members, while not vote on the committee, which is hoped to achieve in a closed channel offices Baghdadiya because of verbal altercations between the Iraqi Vice-Mulla, Ahmad Haidar Oraibi.“

He pointed out that “the first reading of the bill the first amendment to the law of your valuable investment liquidation of crude oil and the second reading of the draft law of the Federal Court is not discussed.”

Council approved the Iraqi parliament on Sunday evening, a budget of 82.6 billion dollars in 2011, was delayed acknowledgment more than once because of the deadlock experienced by Iraq during the crisis of the formation of the government, which lasted more than nine months, as well as the differences between the political blocs on some items of the budget during the discussed in the cabinet and parliament.

The adoption of the budget in conjunction with the wave of protests taking place in all Iraqi provinces, since the fifth of this month, condemning the poor services and financial and administrative corruption in government institutions demand better living conditions for Iraqis and the provision of services and employment opportunities in accordance with the promises, which was launched before the parliamentary elections last year.

The value of U.S. $ 82.6 billion budget, including construction of $ 25.7 billion of investments, to estimate the price of a barrel of oil at $ 76.50, and exports will reach 2.2 million barrels per day, which is the largest budget in the history of Iraq.

It is expected that a deficit of $ 13.4 billion, at a time when Iraq depends on oil exports by about 95 per cent to support its budget.

After the adjournment of the meeting twice during the day, House of Representatives passed the evening at its 36 on the regular budget in 2011, attended by 240 deputies out of 325 is the number of members of the Iraqi Council of Representatives at its second session.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2&rurl=translate.google.com

• Upvote 10

They act like a bunch of selfish preschoolers when they should be thinking about their country and their people...nauseous behavior from them shouldn't continue to surprise me but it does....very disappointing to watch grown men quibble while their people need simple basics of survival...sickening...the more I hope for an RV the more I want to see the people rear up and bite them in a butt hard and take what is rightfully theirs...I can wait a while longer while the people get their feet firmly beneath them then I will celebrate with them.

• Upvote 4

Haha.. Wow these guys in Iraq are something special huh?? One minute they are meeting. The next they are not. IMO if the RV doesnt take place this week, its going to be ugly. The heck with what the rate is. JUST RV Dammit! For the IRAQI ppl and for US of course :-) Ok thank you back to your regular scheduled programming.

I have a great deal of patience but Dang!

Semper Fi.

• Upvote 2

I have a friend who has been in since 2004 with just under five million dinar and he still has patience telling me that everyday we get a bit closer...every day the government makes even an inch of progress we are on track...with every new deal signed we get closer...with every breath...so just keep breathing and we will get there. I agree with him but then I see these idiots acting like children and can't help the frustration....one step forward and two steps back...let's just get it done!

I knew it!! I called bs when I replied to the article stating that they would be back next week. Anytime someone reports from an anonymous source, it's usually bs. Probably someone trying to piss off the protesters even more i.e. one of Sadr's boys.

Edited by deenar

It continues to amaze me that, in a culture where pride and ego seem to predominate, these guys haven't yet figured out that, if they do the right thing, they can be seen as HEROES by their own people. Instead, they keep rerunning the same old c**p about who's in charge and how much power each of them has. Old habits die hard, I guess. Let's all hope that Tuesday will bring some closure to this apparently never ending soap opera. GO RV!

I've been taking Melatonin for over a year, lol

On this crazy ride less than 6 months now and I have me a yummy beer and two Sominex before I can get to sleep. I slept like a baby before all this :wacko: Can't wait until this ride comes to a stop.

A serious kudos to all of those that have been in this for years and years.