Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

!!??Photos of New Lower Denominations!!!??? Front

Rayzur

Greetings, I have no idea how to include a photo in this post. I have added the picture of what appears to be front side of the new denominations of 1, 5 and 10 dinar. This is a scan of the front of the bill. I think I will have to do a second post to attach the back side photos. There is no link.... these are at my house. I don't know how to link to my house :D:D

These bills feel like the new currency. The safety thread does not appear to be as fat.... the ink is metalic, the horse head is in the watermark like the new bills....There are raised letters....

I put in a 10,000 K bill to give you relative size. As you can see, the 10 dinar bill is approximately the same size as the 10thousand.....

I am going to hit post and see if the attachment comes up with the photos, I really want to share this photo with my buds here.... so if it does not come up... I will go to the chat room to get ideas how to get the picture of the front and back of what appears to be the NEW LOWER Denominations,posted so you can see it...... :):):)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Are they really????I could not find them in any historical rendition of anything.... The ink is metallic with the watermark... They are not the Swiss notes and not the Sadam notes.... At first I thought the 5 dinar might be old.... BUT it is different than the 5s I have seen historically

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the back wes too big to load... I am going back to the editor and resize. I wanted to show the backs as well.... and would really like to find a link saying these are old.... They may well be, just nothing I have seen printed since the early 90s and these are clearly uncirculated.... oh and I just got back from across the pond.... but didn't notice them till I was putting things away....

Here is the back of these notes... I had to make it smaller so as not to exceed the 500KB limit

Look at the 10 and look at the 10,000...... very interesting if the 10 is old..... I have lotss of old Iraqi dinar... (been in and out of there in service many times... ) and have never seen anything like the 10, in the past.

The paper is unlike that of old dinar... no question...

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

the back wes too big to load... I am going back to the editor and resize. I wanted to show the backs as well.... and would really like to find a link saying these are old.... They may well be, just nothing I have seen printed since the early 90s and these are clearly uncirculated.... oh and I just got back from across the pond.... but didn't notice them till I was putting things away....

Here is the back of these notes... I had to make it smaller so as not to exceed the 500KB limit

Look at the 10 and look at the 10,000...... very interesting if the 10 is old..... I have lotss of old Iraqi dinar... (been in and out of there in service many times... ) and have never seen anything like the 10, in the past.

The paper is unlike that of old dinar... no question...

Okay.... don't know who is doing negatives, .... I am in the Rumor section.... I have some pretty convincing notes,... I want to share with those I respect and whose judgement I regard as sound...... and I don't know another way to put this out there, except to show you guys what I have.

Look at the front and the back of the 10,000 relative to the 10 dinar note. You can almost see the same watermark.....no question metallic ink.... and I have never ever seen any remote similarity between new and old Iraqi notes.....the new notes have not carried forward old images..... Plus I have never seen old notes with what's his name on them... same as with the 10K and 25K..... they have his image..... note the picture is the same on both backs of 10 and 10K..... :unsure:

At this point, my 30 years as a collector of world notes would have to say that absent a link proving this to be the older currency.... It looks straight up like the new stuff......

Please don't bash me, for trying to share this with people......I didn't just find some old note and out of boredom thought I woudl fly it as new.... I know better....that is indeed the point... I know what the old stuff looks like, and it does not look like this 10.... .... and if I wanted to mess wtih people, or wanted to be annoyingly cocky, I would have put this in the news section ;):D:D (which would be a great entry in Adam's contest.)... :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Rayzur....WOW !!!! I just posted today about certain large notes being redenominated ( over on the opinon forum).

My post was BEFORE I saw your lower denom bills.

The 1 and the 5 dinar notes are exact copies of the 10000 & 5000, without the zeros.

Kewl if real...

The best things in life RV

:) yak

Where did you get these?

TIA

I think I got them from Jordan..... I can't really say.... not because I am being secretative, but because I honestly didn't notice these until I went to put things away..... It would have been Jordan, Kuwait or Iraq,and that's as close as I can get to their orgin.... I'm sure some of you have had the experience, of intensely working in a preoccupying environment, and take a moment to go out 'shopping',.... and your head is so wrapped up in the work world around you.... that you just kind of shove the purchases in a bag until later.... Well later just came, and this is what I found....

Oh and complicating it a bit perhaps.... I would go shopping off and on all last fall, 2010 :unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow you have these at your house!!!!!

I guess not.

First note 1 Iraq dinar is the Sadam note so that’s not worth nothing.

Second note 5 IQD again is the old IQD

Third note is very clever editing as it is the same as the 10,000 note, no 2 banknotes in any country has the same historical image on the reverse of them, the face may be the same (UK example of this & the dollar)

But all historical images are never the same

Forth note is just 10,000 IQD

If you have them at your house send them to me & I will send you $5000 via paypal or the payment of your choice, how’s that if you do have them at your house.

Its called call my bluff

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The 1 dinar note you have is a 1979 note.

Link: http://numismondo.com/pm/irq/index67.htm

Thanks Jack!!! the (1) one does look the same, wish I could hold it up and see if the metalic thread was there..... Looks like this one is down... so that's two to go..... And darn, I have no idea where to return to and smack em upside the head for giving me old stuff.... lol lol :DB)

I guess not.

Third note is very clever editing as it is the same as the 10,000 note, no 2 banknotes in any country has the same historical image on the reverse of them, the face may be the same (UK example of this & the dollar)

If you have them at your house send them to me & I will send you $5000 via paypal or the payment of your choice, how’s that if you do have them at your house.

Its called call my bluff

You are ON.... okay partner.... I have them here.... so lets do this... I assume you mean 5K USD correct.... I do have a paypal account, haven't ever used it to receive, but am sure there is no problem making those arrangements.... So how do we do this..... I can send them certified, and then you send paypal???? Your honor is on the line here.... How do you want this to go down...... I am ready now.

BTW, I have 2 of the 10 notes.... if you would bet me 5K a piece, for a total of a 10K bet, I would sincerely appreciate it....

Lets do this :):):)

• Upvote 5

Thanks Jack.... but awwwww man couldn't you have waited to say something.... Zantac was just on the verge of sending me 5K USD... maybe even 10K..... geezzzzzzzzzz.... lol lol lol

Okay, now I would hope one of the mods would please pull this post, so as not to freak out the faint of heart.... or start something that is not correct.... I so don't want to do that.... Can one of you guys please kill this thread.... please... :rolleyes:

Now I am off to try to figure out which of those buzzards slipped old uncirculated currency into my shopping bag.... is there no honor left....

Thanks again Jack

Edited by Rayzur

Thanks Jack!!! the (1) one does look the same, wish I could hold it up and see if the metalic thread was there..... Looks like this one is down... so that's two to go..... And darn, I have no idea where to return to and smack em upside the head for giving me old stuff.... lol lol :DB)

You are ON.... okay partner.... I have them here.... so lets do this... I assume you mean 5K USD correct.... I do have a paypal account, haven't ever used it to receive, but am sure there is no problem making those arrangements.... So how do we do this..... I can send them certified, and then you send paypal???? Your honor is on the line here.... How do you want this to go down...... I am ready now.

BTW, I have 2 of the 10 notes.... if you would bet me 5K a piece, for a total of a 10K bet, I would sincerely appreciate it....

Lets do this :):):)

Woooh hooo! This is the most exciting thing to happen since December 15, or there about. Game on!

I think there real! Iwill buy them$$$ :lol:

Labdog.... honor prevents me from selling them to you..... (darn that Jack...lol lol )..... I got to say that its so strange that these have the stripes in them....maybe they had that in the 70s /80s...trying to remember.... and it does have the watermark horse... but maybe thats old as well...... And I think its facinating they pulled everything off the ten to print onto the 10K....

What an interesting journey for this evening.... Thank you everyone !!! :)

I guess not.

Its called call my bluff

How about you go take a zantac or better yet a chill pill. Give a break to posters. I don't mind reading posts by people who are mistaken about something but I hate wasting my time reading bashers comments.

Edited by Loggerjohn

Thanks Jack.... but awwwww man couldn't you have waited to say something.... Zantac was just on the verge of sending me 5K USD... maybe even 10K..... geezzzzzzzzzz.... lol lol lol

Okay, now I would hope one of the mods would please pull this post, so as not to freak out the faint of heart.... or start something that is not correct.... I so don't want to do that.... Can one of you guys please kill this thread.... please... :rolleyes:

Now I am off to try to figure out which of those buzzards slipped old uncirculated currency into my shopping bag.... is there no honor left....

Thanks again Jack

The bills are still legal currency. You can cash them in when you cash in your new currency.