Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MAYBE IF IRAQ RV'S WE WILL PAY THEM

3grlz

Baghdad City Demands $1 Billion in Damages from US

Posted on 18 February 2011. Tags: Baghdad

The city of Baghdad wants the United States to apologize and pay $1 billion for the damage done to the city not by bombs but by blast walls and Humvees since the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

Reuters reports that Baghdad’s government issued its demands in a statement on Wednesday, saying that the city’s infrastructure and aesthetics have been seriously damaged by the American military.

“The U.S. forces changed this beautiful city to a camp in an ugly and destructive way, which reflected deliberate ignorance and carelessness about the simplest forms of public taste,” the statement said.

“Due to the huge damage, leading to a loss the Baghdad municipality cannot afford…we demand the American side apologize to Baghdad’s people and pay back these expenses.”

The statement made no mention of damage caused by bombing.

Baghdad’s neighborhoods have been sealed off by miles of concrete blast walls, transforming the city into a tangled maze that contributes to massive traffic jams. Despite a sharp reduction in overall violence in recent years only 5 percent of the walls have been removed, officials said.

The heavy blast walls have damaged sewer and water systems, pavement and parks, said Hakeem Abdul Zahra, the city spokesman.

U.S. military Humvees, driven on street medians and through gardens, have also caused major damage, he said.

“The city of Baghdad feels these violations, which have taken place for years, have caused economic and moral damage,” he said.

I just got to say !!! I think when the RV goes down we go over there and punch this son of a b*#%@ right in the mouth I am so sick of this country tip toeing around .This hole you have to be politically correct bull s#@t (****) see what i mean !! We are so afraid to offend that its like they sniped our balls off and I for one when I read that demand for an apology and money are you F*&^in kidding me You self centered ,ungrateful , scum bag . Our boys died over their trying to liberate your ***** ass from a dictator that didn't give two shits if you lived or died and your going to come out with that I for one will be the first in the line to knock your teeth down your throat and break your jaw and then it will be wired shut and we wont have to listen to your whiny ass . SO IN RESPONCE TO YOUR DEMAND FOR MONEY AND AN APPOLIGE I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU TO GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND FIX YOUR OWN STREET AND ON BEHALF OF AMERICA YOU CAN ALL KISS MY ASS !!!!!!! Im sorry had to get that off my chest GO RV B)

OH and one other thing if our government goes and decides to pay them i say we punch them in the mouth too !!!!! B)

I couldn't have said it better myself!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I also think that we have some aesthetic issues here in America from people they supported that I think they need to apologize for ... 1. The skyline of N.Y. city it is missing two huge buildings and will never be fixed, 2. The front of the Pentagon .. 3 . The large crater in a field in Pennsylvania... 4. the one thing that you wont be able to fix the loss of friends and family that are dearly missed and will not ever be forgotten ....no amount of money or words from you will take away the anger and pain that sits in the hearts of Americans so I will tell you this chose your words carefully . :angry:

• Upvote 10

I just got to say !!! I think when the RV goes down we go over there and punch this son of a b*#%@ right in the mouth I am so sick of this country tip toeing around .This hole you have to be politically correct bull s#@t (****) see what i mean !! We are so afraid to offend that its like they sniped our balls off and I for one when I read that demand for an apology and money are you F*&^in kidding me You self centered ,ungrateful , scum bag . Our boys died over their trying to liberate your ***** ass from a dictator that didn't give two shits if you lived or died and your going to come out with that I for one will be the first in the line to knock your teeth down your throat and break your jaw and then it will be wired shut and we wont have to listen to your whiny ass . SO IN RESPONCE TO YOUR DEMAND FOR MONEY AND AN APPOLIGE I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU TO GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND FIX YOUR OWN STREET AND ON BEHALF OF AMERICA YOU CAN ALL KISS MY ASS !!!!!!! Im sorry had to get that off my chest GO RV B)

OH and one other thing if our government goes and decides to pay them i say we punch them in the mouth too !!!!! B)

WOW! I'm with ya.... when something is said so well, nothing else need be said... you are right on!!!!

I just know you'd make a great neighbor... :D

rd

I also think that we have some aesthetic issues here in America from people they supported that I think they need to apologize for ... 1. The skyline of N.Y. city it is missing two huge buildings and will never be fixed, 2. The front of the Pentagon .. 3 . The large crater in a field in Pennsylvania... 4. the one thing that you wont be able to fix the loss of friends and family that are dearly missed and will not ever be forgotten ....no amount of money or words from you will take away the anger and pain that sits in the hearts of Americans so I will tell you this chose your words carefully . :angry:

have you ever considered running for office ??? i think you would make a good congressman ..... got my vote !!!!! :tiphat::twothumbs:

I just got to say !!! I think when the RV goes down we go over there and punch this son of a b*#%@ right in the mouth I am so sick of this country tip toeing around .This hole you have to be politically correct bull s#@t (****) see what i mean !! We are so afraid to offend that its like they sniped our balls off and I for one when I read that demand for an apology and money are you F*&^in kidding me You self centered ,ungrateful , scum bag . Our boys died over their trying to liberate your ***** ass from a dictator that didn't give two shits if you lived or died and your going to come out with that I for one will be the first in the line to knock your teeth down your throat and break your jaw and then it will be wired shut and we wont have to listen to your whiny ass . SO IN RESPONCE TO YOUR DEMAND FOR MONEY AND AN APPOLIGE I WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOU TO GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND FIX YOUR OWN STREET AND ON BEHALF OF AMERICA YOU CAN ALL KISS MY ASS !!!!!!! Im sorry had to get that off my chest GO RV cool.gif

OH and one other thing if our government goes and decides to pay them i say we punch them in the mouth too !!!!! cool.gif

Meant to give you a plus. Too bad I cant take it back. Well said.

• Upvote 1

Freedom is not cheap, as we in the United States can tell you first hand. Iraq is free (or at least more now than before), because of the United States, That is not to mention the loss of our Soldiers trying to do a job that few even thought would be possible. So, please don't speak to me about the walls that are inconvenient or the landscaping that needs to be repaired. Get your people to work, and help your own. I'm sorry I'm just a bit worked up about this demand.

• Upvote 2

Great said bro,

I went to Iraq in 2002 with 3/7th Infantry, we did loose many men and I for one have punched them in the mouth and will do it again if I have to. Deployment Ready!

• Upvote 2

Give 'em hell Harley!

Knocked it out of the park with this one.

What is the cost of 4,400 Fallen Heroes and 38,000 wounded. The Billions we spent trying to free Iraq. They can want in one hand and s%$t in the other hand and let's see which gets filled up first...

Hard to argue with that.

But actually I think I remember seeing a post on this site saying that Iraq had set aside

Money to pay Americans adversely affected by the war. I wanna say it was 10 billion but not sure.

• Upvote 1

I just read that they lost $39.5 billion are you fing kidin me how the hell do you lose that ?????? I got to say I have never seen a bigger bunch of clowns in my life not even at the circus . I do know this as messed up as our gov is GOD BLESS THE USA i don't want to live any where else . at least we know enough to make up something and not just come out and say we cant find it we may have spent it but not sure . UN REAL GO RVVVVVV B)