Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You just have to laugh some times...

Your world, the world, our economy... 'PFOOT'... Yep, and the fire's too hot to put your hand in to grab that change out of the fire pit, better find a stick... Your kids future education, still haven't paid mine off yet after 43 years and I have girls... Ugh.... wedding costs and not even done with the ex for another 6 years...at least. Bleeding money I tell ya! Like Billy Joels song 'We didn't Start The Fire', good song and so true, you aught to YouTube it. Doesn't matter, we gotta figure out how to put it out before it burns the whole neighborhood down! A nation of Xanax, yeah, we need calm, but have no time to do it the right way. If you're on here and don't understand the rant, hold on, you will soon enough. If your my age or older you wish you didnt, but unfortunately you do.... LOL, Irony...

YES! WE ARE CLOSER THAN WE HAVE EVER BEEN!!! Still don't really know what that means other than soon... I'll just trough in my guess... Next week??? Monday maybe???

I want the foo foo drink with the umbrella in it, we need to plan a convention at some really nice place... Then get to business and form some capital venture groups to move some mountains... Oh, and I really do need some new shoes, LOL... :blink:

• Upvote 3

Sorry brother, I understand! Most of us were on this ship before it ever had dinar in the belly. Hang in, we'll pull through one way or another, just would like to have my new shoes and that fishing boat I've always wanted. Chin up, it will get better! :rolleyes:

Times are getting better with or without the RV. Winters are always slow in construction. But oddly enough, thanks to 30 below temperatures, work is slamming right now. As soon as those checks start rolling, I'm gonna have some happy feet. :)

• Upvote 1

My boss's restaurant is going under within six months. He makes promises for future security in St. Louis, but I would love to tell him that I got this, and that our concept will survive in Reno. I mean Really?!! Obama said he was going to fix our economy! Starting to think he was bluffing for votes?

Goo RrrrVvvvv!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yeah I know... I'm in Little Rock, AR, family is from KC, MO. I've lived in Dallas for 5 yrs and Tulsa, OK for 6 before that. Things have been brutal... I made it a point years ago not to stick the screws to others for the almighty dollar. It's a karma thing for me. Unfortunately the ushering of the 80's showed that many have let greed take over their lives. Small business should get the tax cuts, we should have a fair, flat tax that 'everyone' pays and our US currency should have never left a gold standard or precious metal backed standard. I've watched KC turn into a shell, sad really... Would love to see our manufacturing get back on line. Would love to grab some of KC's former stockyard property and see if we couldn't make something happen. The bottom line is finding the product to produce in this tumultuous, business environment.

I really would like to be able to get debt free, help some folks that really need it, start something to be proud of and make a difference. :)

My boss's restaurant is going under within six months. He makes promises for future security in St. Louis, but I would love to tell him that I got this, and that our concept will survive in Reno. I mean Really?!! Obama said he was going to fix our economy! Starting to think he was bluffing for votes?

Goo RrrrVvvvv!!!!!

I absolutely love the fried ravioli from the 'Hill'!!!! Yeah, I'm sorry to see St. Louis going down. Part of that can be blamed on greed with the corporate raiders and Carl Icon destroying TWA. American Airlines just added the final kick to that airline and airport. That was too bad, because I really liked that airport. It will be tough, but maybe SouthWest can keep STL alive... My heart goes out brother... :mellow:

• Upvote 2

Goo RrrrVvvvv!!!!!

You think? :D He's trying to move to the center right now to shore up some votes for 2012. Sadly enough, people will fall for it. The November elections coupled with his sites on 2012 and he decided to change his position. If re-elected, he will not have the worry of not being re-elected again and then is when he will wreak as much havoc as he can on this country. If we re-elect him, we deserve whatever happens and it won't be pretty. So basically he is using the next 1/34 years running for re-election instead of trying to right the ship. Hi ego is bigger than Texas and a defeat would decimate him. JMO of course.

Sorry to get off topic.

It's all good surfer, I couldn't believe he got voted in the first time. Charisma??? He was a good talker, but was definitely not the best candidate. People are looking for and need change, he preached what they wanted to hear, he got voted in and it's been a steeper slope down hill ever since. Maybe next time the people will vote for a proven track record than buying into lip service. I agree, if people play into emotion instead of common sense, we're in for a bad stretch of track... :huh:

It's all good surfer, I couldn't believe he got voted in the first time. Charisma??? He was a good talker, but was definitely not the best candidate. People are looking for and need change, he preached what they wanted to hear, he got voted in and it's been a steeper slope down hill ever since. Maybe next time the people will vote for a proven track record than buying into lip service. I agree, if people play into emotion instead of common sense, we're in for a bad stretch of track... :huh:

I completely agree. He really had no resume builder or experience going into this... I think he just said all the right words, of needing change in the economy... Hmmmm. 2012 is right around the corner. ;)

I agree with what you seem to be saying about the people needing to take action, be responsible, build their own futures and fix the economy with work and prosperity will follow. But I fear that what is standing in the way, more than anything else, is the will of the people. They don't have any.

In general we have been taught to be lazy, to sit on our hands and let the decisions be made and the work be done by the "government". As if they know better, are more powerful, cannot be challenged. Why do we believe that? They told us so. Somewhere along the way we have turned out thoughts about government into a faith. We scream when they don't do what we want and need, and they never manage to please everyone no matter who is in "power"

But we don't go out and do for ourselves. Oh, there are lots of people who will, and do, and would if they could. But so many others hamper those efforts by not being part of the movement to take back our own destiny. Perhaps the first "product" we need to produce is the desire to work, and pride in accomplishment, and genuine care for other people and their families

But mostly we neet to have the will to give the people the power they need to let the government govern, while the people make the decisions. That was supposed to be how it would work. But we gave up the decision making to the ones we elected to support our decisions, and now they support their own. Usually a "party" line.

smee2

• Upvote 1

Good observation smee2. I remember a joke a while back that went something like; There are 90 million people in America, 30% are retired, that leaves 60 million to do the work. One third of the 60 million of our population left are incarcerated in our prisons, that leaves 40 million to do the work.50% of the 40 million left are children, leaving 10 million to do the work. One half of the 10 million are on public assistance, that leaves 5 million to do the work. One fifth of the 5 million are hurt or in the hospital, this leaves 4 million to do the work. Out of the 4 million left, 50% are politicians or are employed by the govt., that leaves 2 million people to do the work. Out of those 2 million people, 50% are stay at home moms or are women on paternity leave, that leaves 1 million people to do the work. Out of those 1 million people, 50% are on vacation, that leaves 500k to do the work. Out of those 500k left, 50% are on their days off, that leaves 250k to do the work. Out of those 250k left , 249k are on their lunch which leaves me and you... and I'm on my break so get to work! LOL...

It's going to be difficult to get the 50% going in one direction and the other 50% going in the opposite direction to unite to move in one direction, working together. It will be hard to do with all the kaos going on. We need a pivotal point to unite and move foward on.

• Upvote 2

I find it interesting that the Iraqis are going after the local governments. The grass roots. In America the local governments are very seldom thought of by the people, but in reality that is their government. Washington DC is just butting in. Lawfully DC does not have much authority in the states. (Republics really)

• 2 years later...

Good observation smee2. I remember a joke a while back that went something like; There are 90 million people in America, 30% are retired, that leaves 60 million to do the work. One third of the 60 million of our population left are incarcerated in our prisons, that leaves 40 million to do the work.50% of the 40 million left are children, leaving 10 million to do the work. One half of the 10 million are on public assistance, that leaves 5 million to do the work. One fifth of the 5 million are hurt or in the hospital, this leaves 4 million to do the work. Out of the 4 million left, 50% are politicians or are employed by the govt., that leaves 2 million people to do the work. Out of those 2 million people, 50% are stay at home moms or are women on paternity leave, that leaves 1 million people to do the work. Out of those 1 million people, 50% are on vacation, that leaves 500k to do the work. Out of those 500k left, 50% are on their days off, that leaves 250k to do the work. Out of those 250k left , 249k are on their lunch which leaves me and you... and I'm on my break so get to work! LOL...

It's going to be difficult to get the 50% going in one direction and the other 50% going in the opposite direction to unite to move in one direction, working together. It will be hard to do with all the kaos going on. We need a pivotal point to unite and move foward on.

You Big Sweetie :)

May I Put My Plug In Here And Say... Lets March On Washington... Let's End The Fed Reserve.

Lets Cut Off The "Head Of The Snake".

id like to see manufacturing  come alive too ..someones got to have an idea first .the things that left our country most likely wont come back ..way to many regulations now to start up a business .. if we had  a govt that wasnt protecting the interests of globalism .. then maybe .. before you start a business you need workers comp .. plus you goy minmum wage .. now you got health care ..you got licensing ..plus liability insurance ..ya the lawyers will bankrupt you if you dont have insurance .. no limits on law suits ..if you make coffee and its too hot .. you can be sued for milions of dollars if someone spills their own coffe on themselves .

as long as the city slickers sit around in their offices dreaming up ways to tap into the working class pockets , and paying lobbiests to get laws to help them do it .. why start up a manufacturing  business ..

you can tell the liberals where to stick their  regulations .. but they dont care as long as they are geting paid  for doing nothing .. they will continue to vote for the regulators ..they dont care about a fre market system .. they care about a controlled market system .. controlling your money into their pockets ..

inspectors ,regulators . irs , and they do enforce those laws .. why dont they enforce  our imigration laws ..

as soon as the mexicans  get amnesty .. why will they work the fields .. they will be legalized to work at walmart ..nice air conditioned building ..then guess what .. no one is in those fields any more .. ooops .. i forgot they are filled right back up with illegals again and we cant enforce that because what?  .. oh thers too many of them we might as well  make the new illegals  legal too .. after all they set a presidence by legalizing the first group .. .

yep just keep doing it till we are like mexico ..thats americas future .. mexico .... id say if  50 million liberals disapeared tommarro .. i guarentee i wont seek an investigation.. id say.. good for us