Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My First Call To My Bank About The Dinar

rjkaminsky

Yes I'm a newbie but I want to start participating a little more so here I am.

You won't get anything too controversial from me nor will you get any dishonesty.

I thought I would try calling my bank here in California to see what they would have to

say about cashing in the Dinar since I haven't done that as yet.

I simply called customer service for Westamerica Bank and asked if I can exchange

my IQDs when the RV occurs. I had to explain that a little since the customer service

person was a little in the dark about these matters.

She had to call their exchange service to find out the current rate and after a couple of

minutes she returned with information that Westamerica Bank does not exchange

or deal with the Iraqi Dinar because of being at war with Iraq.

Her response took me by surprise since I have not heard that one before in all the

reading I've been doing.

Then she said try back in a week or two which inspired me to ask why.

She simply said that she was just saying that for no real reason which is

probably true but to a wild RV enthusiast on the edge of my seat looking

for any sign or RV indication, It got me a little fired up.

So this is just a little information for fun and to get me in here adding to the mix.

I really appreciate all of the great information that comes into these message

boards each day. It sure is an exciting and educational journey for me no matter what happens.

Best to you all!

RJ :)

• Upvote 11

Yes I'm a newbie but I want to start participating a little more so here I am.

You won't get anything too controversial from me nor will you get any dishonesty.

I thought I would try calling my bank here in California to see what they would have to

say about cashing in the Dinar since I haven't done that as yet.

I simply called customer service for Westamerica Bank and asked if I can exchange

my IQDs when the RV occurs. I had to explain that a little since the customer service

person was a little in the dark about these matters.

She had to call their exchange service to find out the current rate and after a couple of

minutes she returned with information that Westamerica Bank does not exchange

or deal with the Iraqi Dinar because of being at war with Iraq.

Her response took me by surprise since I have not heard that one before in all the

reading I've been doing.

Then she said try back in a week or two which inspired me to ask why.

She simply said that she was just saying that for no real reason which is

probably true but to a wild RV enthusiast on the edge of my seat looking

for any sign or RV indication, It got me a little fired up.

So this is just a little information for fun and to get me in here adding to the mix.

I really appreciate all of the great information that comes into these message

boards each day. It sure is an exciting and educational journey for me no matter what happens.

Best to you all!

RJ smile.gif

Be careful the sharks are out, by the way welcome, join the discussion anytime just remember there is a report button you can use if someone gets out of line with their replys to your posts. Use it if you need too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not at war with Iraq, went to war for Iraq. Seems I have heard this before. No bashing, just observation.

Exactly but it just goes to show how little bank employees on a local level know about what's going on. Even then this poor gal was probably told this by the person she had to call in their Foreign Currency Dept.

Welcome RJ!

Go RV!!

Welcome to DV RJ!! Don't be put off by the response from your bank encounter. We DV Newshounds frequently know much more about what has and is about to happen with the IQD. There will be several other banks you may exchange with once this deal is done. Our glasses are about to reach the spilling point. Forget about half full!!!! ;)

went to 5/3 today. Business as usual

Hey jaykay what city did you go to 5/3? I placed 2 orders one for 300k on the 8th of feb and one for 700k. They were very very nice and helpful, but i havent received my first order yet. Just wondering if anybody has an approx time frame when dealing with them.

That's hilarious because we are NOT at war with Iraq. As a matter of fact, we really have never been at war with Iraq, we have been over there to get a dictator out of power and to help the people of Iraq become free. It WAS a war in Iraq, but has never been a war with or against Iraq.

speaking of banks, I went to wells fargo yesterday to have the monies I received checked for it's authenticity. It was all good. I purchased my DINARS from dinartrade.com. I had it sent be federal express. Took a total of three days from start to finish. Food for thought. Another topic-anyone hear a RV date yet? LOL I will wait if you guys will!

smitty! of colorado

Most banks do not take in the Iraqi Dinar because the currency is not internationally traded. It is not internationally traded because of the UN sanctions placed on Iraq when they invaded Kuwait. There hasn't been a change in that status in 20+ years. While technically we aren't at war with Iraq, it's probably what comes up on their system when they check the Iraqi Dinar because that was the last change of status. Since some of those sanctions still haven't been lifted, there's no reason for banks to update their systems. Also, it's a much easier explanation than trying to explain UN sanctions and international currency trading.

Quit bugging people at U.S. banks people. They won't know anything until after a RV happens. Until then, it's a giant waste of your (and their) time for you guys to keep pestering bank employees.

Edited by cwtrimmer

Why do people call the bank about the dinar? What information would they have that you already do not? Most banks are 7 years behind on knowing anything about the dinar. The banks deal with cash and currency daily. The banks routinely verify money or send it out to be veried. The U.S. banks wont need training, the only thing they need to know is the rate on the screen. Iraq will need to train bank employees and citizens, not the U.S. . De la rue machines can verify multiple currencies. Just because they show up at your bank doesnt neccesarily mean its tied to the dinar. Simply updating old machines. How many of you that talked to banks got the most absurd looks and questions???? Im not bashing the curious, but I think you all are wasting your time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I must say, this stuff about the bank rumors really should continue until the RV happens ! The bank employees are just working to make money in a job on their journey through life, we know about Iraq's Dinars, more than most.

So if a bank employee tells one of us something they were told not to say, then what? Against the law? FCC, who cares, let them talk.

The bank will be a place for new jobs after the RV, HAPPY HAPPY bankers :lol::DB):)

Hey jaykay what city did you go to 5/3? I placed 2 orders one for 300k on the 8th of feb and one for 700k. They were very very nice and helpful, but i havent received my first order yet. Just wondering if anybody has an approx time frame when dealing with them.

the 5/3's arounf the cincinnati area take anywhere form 4 days up to 2 weeks to get the money in... The last time i bought any was jan but it's been that way since i bought my first batch 2 years ago

Most banks do not take in the Iraqi Dinar because the currency is not internationally traded. It is not internationally traded because of the UN sanctions placed on Iraq when they invaded Kuwait. There hasn't been a change in that status in 20+ years. While technically we aren't at war with Iraq, it's probably what comes up on their system when they check the Iraqi Dinar because that was the last change of status. Since some of those sanctions still haven't been lifted, there's no reason for banks to update their systems. Also, it's a much easier explanation than trying to explain UN sanctions and international currency trading.

Quit bugging people at U.S. banks people. They won't know anything until after a RV happens. Until then, it's a giant waste of your (and their) time for you guys to keep pestering bank employees.

Good post -- thank you! I will add that when I asked Wells Fargo about the IQD a few weeks ago, I was told that not only do they not trade in IQD but that they have no plans to do so, and they currently don't trade in KUWAITI dinar, either, because it is so unstable.

Also, just IMHO, I don't mind asking bank employees about things financial. That's what they're paid to be there for. ;)