Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Found it a bit interesting...

The Original Spike

Fist let me say I know, I know, another one of those. I get tired of he said she said too. I found a conversation with a friend from Tulsa interesting and just thought I'd pass it on, probably means nothing, but interesting none the less.

My friend in Tulsa got a call this morning from the Bank of America.

He has been single his whole life and has never had any vices, accept for a little to much love for food, lol. He's an awsome guy none the less. My point being is that he has invested more than most of us could probably imagine in the dinar and would not even venture a guess at how much he holds.

He has an account at BA just for his substantial dinar holdings. The BA currency manager called from BA's headquarters, whenever that is, and asked all the questions to verify that he was indeed talking to my friend. The money manager then tells my buddy that he hopes that BA has met all his expectations and that he will continue to bank with them as he is soon to become one of their premier customers.

Don't know what it means, no date, no rate.... Seems to be a good sign though. B)

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 5

Me too. He doesn't have any reason to lie to me. He has been working all the OT he can get to buy more of the stuff. He has gone as far as taking the next three days off. LOL, not that a few days off will hurt him, he's needs some time off, he's been working all the OT he could get for the past 3 years. I had to ask him how much was enough at one point and he laughed at me and said exactly... I asked what happens if this thing never happens, even though I believe it will. He told me in that case, he will have the most expensive wallpaper in the history of wallpaper! He's got a big house.... LOL :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well I must say if this is correct and not a scam by someone trying to get your buddy's info then that possibly sounds good. I know here in Washington I was considering which bank to open a non-interest bearing account to have funds transferred into while waiting to talk with a tax attorney and BofA was absolutely rude! They treated me so bad that I am going with Chase bank. Kind of funny since it was an Exec with BofA that turned me on to this in the first place. I would like to think positive that this is good news and I just had an absolute moron that didn't want my business.

• Upvote 2

So, your saying he banks with BoA but only for his dinar holdings? Would make sense, because you have to have an account to order BoA or pay the additional fees. With that said, I could see that if he was holding a large amount and people believed it to RV soon, that they would wish to butter him up in hopes of him to continue banking with them Post-RV. But it could also be a soliciting call just to hopefully encourage him to become more involved w/ his banking at BoA.

Rumor seems realistic, but not really anything that point to anything solid. It could "easily" not be dinar related other than that is why the guy opened up an account.

See, I don't think any bank managers have any idea of what is about to come of it anymore than we do. So, I sort of read into these bank rumors w/ a grain of salt :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All I know is my buddy has a 'HUGE' amount of dinar. At todays rate it would probably be enough to buy several rental properties. I am sorry about BA being rude, they won't get my business either, Arvest in my home town will. With all his holdings, many rental properties he purchased years ago, with BA, I'm sure they cater to him a bit.

My own holdings are what I could afford, so my little bit won't excite any bank most probably, no matter what the rate comes in at. Even though it was a lot for me, I'm by no means a big dog in this investment. All I have to say is every little bit helps. ;)

[quote name=My own holdings are what I could afford, so my little bit won't excite any bank most probably, no matter what the rate comes in at. Even though it was a lot for me, I'm by no means a big dog in this investment. All I have to say is every little bit helps. ;)

You and me both brother. Hopefully we'll all be premeir banking customers soon!

• Upvote 2

Fist let me say I know, I know, another one of those. I get tired of he said she said too. I found a conversation with a friend from Tulsa interesting and just thought I'd pass it on, probably means nothing, but interesting none the less.

My friend in Tulsa got a call this morning from the Bank of America.

He has been single his whole life and has never had any vices, accept for a little to much love for food, lol. He's an awsome guy none the less. My point being is that he has invested more than most of us could probably imagine in the dinar and would not even venture a guess at how much he holds.

He has an account at BA just for his substantial dinar holdings. The BA currency manager called from BA's headquarters, whenever that is, and asked all the questions to verify that he was indeed talking to my friend. The money manager then tells my buddy that he hopes that BA has met all his expectations and that he will continue to bank with them as he is soon to become one of their premier customers.

Don't know what it means, no date, no rate.... Seems to be a good sign though. B)

Really!!! I have an account with I phoned their currency exchange division at 800-523-7860. I spoke with a gentleman regarding my Dinars and he stated that BOA will not be handling their exchange or the sale of them, he said at this point it is looked as to volatile of a currency??? That's WEIRD

What BOA are you dealing with??

Get real! I mean Really? Bank of America called to tell him he would soon be "one of their premier customers". Sorry, but I don't think so!

While I have no reason not to believe what the OP says about his friend (and infact I do believe him)...... I must admit that it does indeed sound rather peculiar that the Bank would call him up and tell him what it was reported here.

All I know is my buddy has a 'HUGE' amount of dinar.

End Quote

I'd like to get an idea of what you mean by HUGE...50M? Between 50 AND 100M? More? Thanks in advance

Edited by umbertino

Really!!! I have an account with I phoned their currency exchange division at 800-523-7860. I spoke with a gentleman regarding my Dinars and he stated that BOA will not be handling their exchange or the sale of them, he said at this point it is looked as to volatile of a currency??? That's WEIRD

What BOA are you dealing with??

It's one of the BA's in Tulsa, Ok is all I know.

While I have no reason not to believe what the OP says about his friend (and infact I do believe him)...... I must admit that it does indeed sound rather peculiar that the Bank would call him up and tell him what it was reported here.

All I know is my buddy has a 'HUGE' amount of dinar.

End Quote

I'd like to get an idea of what you mean by HUGE...50M? Between 50 AND 100M? More? Thanks in advance

Just a guess, but probably several hundred thousand us worth.

"He has an account at BA just for his substantial dinar holdings." Oh really? So you're saying you can have an account and deposit your Dinar holdings? LOL Doubt it

BA is his bank, I'm sure he has several accounts with them... Why would I know anything more about his personal business than what he chooses to tell me? Ridiculous where these things go... Just telling you guys what he said be was told.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

"He has an account at BA just for his substantial dinar holdings." Oh really? So you're saying you can have an account and deposit your Dinar holdings? LOL Doubt it

A while back I spoke with a rep from Wells Fargo who indicated that you can hold an account with foreign currency with a minimum balance valued at 100K. I can't speek for B of A, but they may be similar.

Edited by TexasT

as of yesterday at the BOA where I bank, the assistant manager explained they do not deal with the Iraqi Dinar at this time, and even called their foreign currency office and was told the same thing---they have no accounts to hold dinar in.....you could put it in a safe deposit box, but that's about it----they don't sell it and won't buy it until it is approved by the home office..................GO RV!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Relax folks, based on his previous posts I don't believe Spike is pumping. Nor his friend as he knows Spike is already invested. In the past, I have made a few large deposits in different bank accounts and was called by the banks thanking me for my business and offering different services such as investment and such. It may not be an indicator of a pending RV, but as he said it does make you go hmmm.

• Upvote 4

Relax folks, based on his previous posts I don't believe Spike is pumping. Nor his friend as he knows Spike is already invested. In the past, I have made a few large deposits in different bank accounts and was called by the banks thanking me for my business and offering different services such as investment and such. It may not be an indicator of a pending RV, but as he said it does make you go hmmm.

thank you for saying this about spike....i dont believe hes a pumper either...yeah...there is humanity in this world. :)

• Upvote 4

Now their saying many banks will be open in Monday... here's for hope and another thing that makes you go Hmmmm.... B)

as of yesterday at the BOA where I bank, the assistant manager explained they do not deal with the Iraqi Dinar at this time, and even called their foreign currency office and was told the same thing---they have no accounts to hold dinar in.....you could put it in a safe deposit box, but that's about it----they don't sell it and won't buy it until it is approved by the home office..................GO RV!!!!!!

I just wanted to say he told me today that it is a money market account he has had through them. Take it or leave it for what it's worth. That was his answer. ;)

Hummmm I have no basis to necessarily disagree. Hard telilng at times what is going on. I do have a question however.

All of the research I have engaged shows that you can't hold foreign currency (in and of itself) in a US bank. If there were a way to do so, I would really like to know. However, I have found nothing and no information to contradict that you can not hold dinar as dinar in a US bank. My good bud who is a BofA VP (yeah I know, everyone is a VP, and doesn't mean that much...anyway),....When I emailed him he replied with the following:

US Banks must deposit all other currencies to the US DOLLAR by FEDERAL GUIDELINES. The only way I know around this as to what one perhaps wants to accomplish is to use an investment Firm that Specializes in Currency Exchanges and Foreign Currency held in portfolio's...

So my question is:do banks specialize in Foreign Currency held in the bank portfolio.... And does the person take the dinar into the bank,deposit them, and then they remain dinar that are placed into this portfolio?

I will email this question to my BofA bud but thought I would ask in the meantime, herein..... :):):)

• Upvote 1

Hummmm I have no basis to necessarily disagree. Hard telilng at times what is going on. I do have a question however.

All of the research I have engaged shows that you can't hold foreign currency (in and of itself) in a US bank. If there were a way to do so, I would really like to know. However, I have found nothing and no information to contradict that you can not hold dinar as dinar in a US bank. My good bud who is a BofA VP (yeah I know, everyone is a VP, and doesn't mean that much...anyway),....When I emailed him he replied with the following:

US Banks must deposit all other currencies to the US DOLLAR by FEDERAL GUIDELINES. The only way I know around this as to what one perhaps wants to accomplish is to use an investment Firm that Specializes in Currency Exchanges and Foreign Currency held in portfolio's...

So my question is:do banks specialize in Foreign Currency held in the bank portfolio.... And does the person take the dinar into the bank,deposit them, and then they remain dinar that are placed into this portfolio?

I will email this question to my BofA bud but thought I would ask in the meantime, herein..... :):):)

Brother, I really don't know, like I said earlier, my holdings on the dinar are so small compared to most that the IRS would barley notice if this thing were to go off at 6 plus dollars per dinar in my case. I'll hit a very small lick if it comes in at a dollar, enough to get me out of debt, which would be good enough for me, even though I would much rather see it come in on the higher end. I know a lot of people in OK that are holding several hundred million of this currency. I'm not judging, but I wouldn't have done what some of them have done to get their holdings up to those numbers like second mortgages, ect... I know for a fact that this particular friend owns the equivalent of a full pallet of this currency and he has it held by the bank in some manner. How he has them holding it for him I have no clue. I know it can't be an active situation because the currency is not live and actively traded, but many of the banks in Tulsa are selling it, so it would only stand to reason they would have a way to hold your investment if they are willing to sell it to their customers. He said it was part of his money market account. Maybe he just meant it is a large part of his portfolio. Like I said before, he has no reason to lie to me, he doesn't stand to gain anything from telling me, or not telling me anything other than letting me know things he finds interesting, knowing I'm invested too. All be it in a much smaller capacity. Maybe he thinks since he does have so much, that he can pass on info that I wouldn't otherwise get because my holdings are so small compared to his and others that are my friends that are heavily invested in the dinar. I'm just glad he doesn't mind telling me the info that gets passed his way. I don't mind sharing it on here as long as he, they don't mind me doing so. I just hope it alludes to something good in the near future. :)