Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baghdad wants U.S. to pay $1 billion for damage to city

iceburgpens

How about charging Al Quieda Bin Laden, Iran and whomever else that have been sponsoring this aggression on their own people. Rooting out the enemy is a slow and painful process... look at Europe and so many other places where wars have taken place... destruction is collateral damage due to war. When all is finally all said and done Iraq and this stupid article will be erased from memory...

Great job USA and thank you to all of the other Alliance Countries for their assistance... Thank you to all that have served, are serving and for those that have lost lives in the pursuit of freedom; not occupation and take over, and lastly for the contract workers as well. On the count of three... yell, go RV! One - two - three.... GO RV!

• Upvote 1

Doesn't make the prospect of an RV anytime soon realistic IMO. Doesn't matter how you try and spin it.

Also the fact of the matter is WE did destroy or allow to be destroyed priceless artifacts. I remember watching the news and seeing the museums destroyed and the looting going on while no one even gave a thought to protect it. We made mistakes over there.

I still don't know if we owe them anything financially though. They do have their freedom but at what price. It's not black and white for me.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the Iraqi's,,, we should pay for fixing up Baghdad, have you seen that dump it's horrible.... But first the iraqi's and the taliban should build us a couple of Twin Towers and restore everything that has happened to the United States since 9/11 .. I don't know how they will bring back the people we lost in the Twin Towers and the military personel fighting for our country. I think the Iraqi's should start by trying to make it up to them first and if every American who has been affected by their hate crime against the United States forgives them, than they can start building our towers. When that is completed we will pay for the damages to Baghdad. Until than they can kiss my @zz

Go Rv

God Bless America

Remember it's the muslims who are taking away our rights as Americans, Contract your politician and let them know that we aren't going to take it anymore...

Keep Prayer in Schools,

Keep God on our money

Keep God in our country

God Bless America

In God We Trust

• Upvote 4

It seems to me that we need to be careful bashing the Iraqi people with our words on this site. After all, we did manage to kill thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of their brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, grandparents and children. Yes, we helped to free them from a dictator, but they also did the work in that fight. The disrespect shown them here is rather remarkable. They are trying to pull their country together after going through major terror and destruction. A respectful attitude toward them on these sites that talk about their work to reform is a better way to think and talk about them. As we receive this gift from their money, hopefully we will not use it to bash, demean, or dominate others with our words or actions. Those of us who are Christian need to be practicing what we say we believe which is that we are to "love our neighbor as ourselves." Would any of us want to be called idiots coming out of the kind of trauma these people have lived through? I wonder if this site is monitored by them in any way. Just wondering what they might think of us receiving the increase in our finances when some speak of them so badly. It is just a thought....It is time to think bigger, bolder, more outside the box regarding what this all means. If this money does come in then we are going to be in a position to do some major creating and giving back in a pretty broken world. It begins with seeing the "other" as another spark of the Great Creator of us all. That "other" is every one we see everywhere.

• Downvote 9

It seems to me that we need to be careful bashing the Iraqi people with our words on this site. After all, we did manage to kill thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of their brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, grandparents and children. Yes, we helped to free them from a dictator, but they also did the work in that fight. The disrespect shown them here is rather remarkable. They are trying to pull their country together after going through major terror and destruction. A respectful attitude toward them on these sites that talk about their work to reform is a better way to think and talk about them. As we receive this gift from their money, hopefully we will not use it to bash, demean, or dominate others with our words or actions. Those of us who are Christian need to be practicing what we say we believe which is that we are to "love our neighbor as ourselves." Would any of us want to be called idiots coming out of the kind of trauma these people have lived through? I wonder if this site is monitored by them in any way. Just wondering what they might think of us receiving the increase in our finances when some speak of them so badly. It is just a thought....It is time to think bigger, bolder, more outside the box regarding what this all means. If this money does come in then we are going to be in a position to do some major creating and giving back in a pretty broken world. It begins with seeing the "other" as another spark of the Great Creator of us all. That "other" is every one we see everywhere.

You believe we went there to free them from sadam? Seriously? :rolleyes:

You understand that we stood by and watched Sadam try to exterminate them armenians...I mean kurds and we did nothing? ;)

We stood by and watched sadam commit all kinds of attrocities...we didn't do anything about it at that time did we?

Wow what could have motivated us to even go into iraq? :unsure:Hmmm....

Ok Wait...what work are u saying the iraqis did? Are you okay? :lol: Do you understand how much of the fighting and policing our men and women in our armed forces had to do in this country??? Do you understand that or have you forgotten? wait wait...Did you know that?

For so long none of these Iraqis would do the right thing. We had to hold their hand to get them to this point. We Americans believed in their own country more than they did. Do not come here and over look that or what we have sacrificed!!

and as far as me bashing on them, hey what I say is TRUE!! So many people in this side of the world especially in Iraq is married to their cousin and making fuggly babies. Doing that over a few generations probably has an effect on how people's brains function not to mention Sadam didn't do them any favors with his education plan!! There are some crazy sloow...mongoloids walking around in this country. I'm not exaggerating....

There other people in the middle east that say the same things about Iraq! :lol:

But I just have to close this rant by saying that god truly truly has a great sense of humor to put the wealth of the world under these peoples feet!!

What an amazing plan and yes, its in the bible. ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You believe we went there to free them from sadam? Seriously? :rolleyes:

You understand that we stood by and watched Sadam try to exterminate them armenians...I mean kurds and we did nothing? ;)

We stood by and watched sadam commit all kinds of attrocities...we didn't do anything about it at that time did we?

Wow what could have motivated us to even go into iraq? :unsure:Hmmm....

Ok Wait...what work are u saying the iraqis did? Are you okay? :lol: Do you understand how much of the fighting and policing our men and women in our armed forces had to do in this country??? Do you understand that or have you forgotten? wait wait...Did you know that?

For so long none of these Iraqis would do the right thing. We had to hold their hand to get them to this point. We Americans believed in their own country more than they did. Do not come here and over look that or what we have sacrificed!!

and as far as me bashing on them, hey what I say is TRUE!! So many people in this side of the world especially in Iraq is married to their cousin and making fuggly babies. Doing that over a few generations probably has an effect on how people's brains function not to mention Sadam didn't do them any favors with his education plan!! There are some crazy sloow...mongoloids walking around in this country. I'm not exaggerating....

There other people in the middle east that say the same things about Iraq! :lol:

But I just have to close this rant by saying that god truly truly has a great sense of humor to put the wealth of the world under these peoples feet!!

What an amazing plan and yes, its in the bible. ;)

WOW just wow :blink:

(sarcastically)

Thanks for opening my eyes HopeTas-

I almost forgot that my BROTHER was killed by an IRD!!!!!!! You should be ashamed to even post such a thing.

• Upvote 3

I have seen this sort of thing before.WE ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ARTICLE. Don't let them do this ,there are more IRAQI'S then not who appreciate what we did and are just as angry about this article as you are.Heck for all we know its a terrorist organization behind this crap.Look at how crazy this article is and the reaction it got.Its all a load of crap designed to goat you into a fight with Iraq. DON'T FALL FOR IT.This could also be a way for the Iraqi gov. to reflect the anger of the people against them onto us.Hopefully they are smarter then that.In any case chill out the truth will be known and the lies will only serve to unite us in the end............

• Upvote 3

Sure, we will pay you. After you RV/RI your currency.. Quid pro quo. I think Iraq is a little quick to be placing demands on the country that freeed them from a tryannical dictator. How soon people forget..

Ok, don't nail me with the red negatives, but please remember that the US put So Dang Insane in office to begin with.. He then went crazy and we had to remove him, but we're the ones that put him there... I'm really glad he's out by the way..

I think it would be a VERY WISE 'PR' move for our military to clean up after itself (within reason) when they pull out. I'm glad we went in, and I'm glad we're still there. I want us out, but only when it's the right time. But when we go, we should try to clean it up a bit.. At the very lest, pull out all the concrete baracades we put in.

Just imagine if there was some violence in your neighborhood and the National Guard came in and put concrete baracades all over the place around your house. Then when all the violence was gone and the problem was solved, wouldn't you expect them to take their baracades with them when they left??

I saw a movie last year about our involvement (CIA) in Iraq and Afghanistan and the billions we spent on everything (this was back during the cold war when we were helping Iraq and Afghanistan fight the Russians for us by giving them weapons). Then at the end when we were pulling out our troops, the main mastermind guy asked for a couple hundred million to put into schools and education in Iraq and Afghanistan as a show of goodwill to get PR points. He was refused. Imagine how much better things might have turned out if we had put just a little bit more thought and $$ on improving our image with the local population. Their kids would have grown up loving America rather than hating it..

Cleaning up Bhagdad a bit would tell the country that we came to help and we tried to leave it better than we found it. That very small gesture could be the difference that would give the region a little more reason to like us Americans. We need all the world PR we can get right about now.. Perception these days is almost as much, if not more important than reality.

Just my 2 cents worth..

GO RV !!!

And don't blast me with negatives... I really am a nice guy :D

• Upvote 2

Cleaning up Bhagdad a bit would tell the country that we came to help and we tried to leave it better than we found it. That very small gesture could be the difference that would give the region a little more reason to like us Americans.

Great post. Maybe if they asked as nicely as you, they would get what they "need". Making demands at this point is the problem.

Wow, what a slap in the face. I think we should back charge them about 10 million (USD ;) ) per US Soldier/Citzen who gave their lives, and then put that together with a bill for all that we spent over the last 10 years helping them with their country. Hmm...I just wonder how they will feel when they look at the HUGE imbalance in that bill versus what they are saying WE OWE?????

I don't really understand how any country that we have done/given so much to can even think about something as ignorant as this...but we do have Obama, who will most likely pay them anyway. We can't get our own people taken care of with Medicare, but after you spend billions, why not just throw one more, heck, let's just rebuild their major cities for them...that wouldn't take but about 50 Billion...we got it!

Ah, we could tell them, RV at 5.00 and we will call it even????

Just my opinion.

Alan

I don't really understand how any country that we have done/given so much to can even think about something as ignorant as this...but

Because they just might get the money judging from the Lemmings and crooks that run the US. Just offer a few kick backs and you can get anything from them.

easy easy folks------- don`t get bent out of shape o\/er this. these guys ha\/e pumpers too to do the opposite of our pumpers,,,,so what you read is not always correct,,,,just send them a thank you card and lets hold hands and R.\/. at 5.00 ---------------------------------------go r\/