Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

February 25th stands, at this point , to be a pivotal day in Iraqi history. On this day the the Iraqi people are looking to hold a million people protest in Baghdad. 1,000,000 PEOPLE. Maliki and the boys have got to be very nervous. Look what the protest of 2,000 or so did in Wasit and other parts of the country. A mob of 1,000,000 angry Iraqi's in a small area??? The potential outcome would most likely be absolutely devastating. These people could potentially do more damage to Iraq and her existing government than any US bomb ever did.

Obviously the GOI understands this and has to do something before the 25th to appease the Iraqi people and an increase to their ration cards isn't gonna do it. So what do they do? I suppose RV is a plausible option but who knows? Certainly not me.

What do you guys think. I'm very interested in your feedback as it truely helps guide me through this roller coaster.

Peace.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I have never been accused of being the brightest lamp on the street, but even I can see that the RV is a answer to the possible protests of the Iraqi people. Probably not the only answer (re: a non corupt government) , but in imho would go along way to calming things down.

It is very hard to fathom why they insist on dragging this out. Could have been accompolished months ago.

Along with go RV, I say go INTELLIGENT decision making. Think of your people !

• Upvote 3

Well tj, you would certainly think that they would have a plan in place. Whether or not it includes THE R.V. remains to be seen. I certainly hope it does, I'm completely ready to stop waiting. 6 years 8 months is long enough, I don't want to wait anymore. I really do believe that Iraq has a small say in what their currency R.V.'s to. Maybe this display will prompt the powers to be to move their A**ES. A display of this kind could speed things up that is for sure. Usually it takes something like the Egypt Explosion to get something done. I sure hope not. Bad press for Iraq at this time would not be good for our investments or for any country or business wanting to invest.

First, Lets see if they can truly get a million people together, that would be hard to believe. What would they be protesting for, jobs and currency value. Jobs and value of their money are coming, I think its a process and its going to take time. It looks like a too little to late type situation. protests may help with rations, I'm thinking.

Maliki going to Kuwait, Parliment vowing to pass budget by next week, US treasury in Iraq for a couple of days this week. I think RV by the 25th makes sense. Can turn from a 1,000,000 protest to a 1,000,000 celebration. Besides, it's mine and my wifes 22nd wedding anniversary. Sure would be perfect timing. Go RV smile.gif

• Upvote 5

Maliki going to Kuwait, Parliment vowing to pass budget by next week, US treasury in Iraq for a couple of days this week. I think RV by the 25th makes sense. Can turn from a 1,000,000 protest to a 1,000,000 celebration. Besides, it's mine and my wifes 22nd wedding anniversary. Sure would be perfect timing. Go RV smile.gif

CONGRATS on your ANNIVERSARY

I would love to hear something like this:

Operator: "911 whats your emergency"?

Caller: "this is Maliki, I have a large Demonstration going on could you send me 50,000 US troops to help calm everyone down and get them out of Baghdad"?

Operator: "911 hello Sir, are you there"?

Caller: " this is Maliki"

Operator: "Sir, your breaking up, What is your emergency"?

Caller: "Its Maliki, you know oil for food"?

Operator: Sir, I need you to hang up and call back

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 4

February 25th stands, at this point , to be a pivotal day in Iraqi history. On this day the the Iraqi people are looking to hold a million people protest in Baghdad. 1,000,000 PEOPLE. Maliki and the boys have got to be very nervous. Look what the protest of 2,000 or so did in Wasit and other parts of the country. A mob of 1,000,000 angry Iraqi's in a small area??? The potential outcome would most likely be absolutely devastating. These people could potentially do more damage to Iraq and her existing government than any US bomb ever did.

Obviously the GOI understands this and has to do something before the 25th to appease the Iraqi people and an increase to their ration cards isn't gonna do it. So what do they do? I suppose RV is a plausible option but who knows? Certainly not me.

What do you guys think. I'm very interested in your feedback as it truely helps guide me through this roller coaster.

Peace.

The GOI doesn't "have" to do anything......let your common sense go, there is way more going on over there than you can possibly imagine. There is much left to do....many things to resolve. we'll be lucky if they get this done by June and it certainly won't be at any of the ridiculous rates that the pumpers have been spewing.....less than a buck would be my guestimation....JMO B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm not trying to be debbie downer here. My question to all that post that an RV is what is needed is the answer is this. How can an overnight RV be the answer?

If tomorrow their money is worth more. Than that would mean that a loaf of bread is worth more. That would mean that gasoline that is .05 cents a gallon now will ultimately be worth 3 dollars a gallon with a RV of 1 to 1 (I did't do the math but you get my point). This will happen to every product to avoid people from cleaning off the shelves of everything. People would go hungry and starving if there currency was to rise and value and the products didn't.

So with this said, How will an RV help those people right now, because anybody can understand in the long run how it will help. How will it help them create jobs to earn an income?

Taking into account that our good old USofA is still hashing out it's 2011 budget I guess that the Iraqi Government is on schedule too... Of course I am speaking to the choir of super wonderful DV's...

Iraq being a country in it's infancy I suppose these people are truly accomplishing something that none of them has every really experienced or attempted before. I also agree that when you have a great number of different cultures that have been divided for centuries and finally after Saddam was taken down a country begins anew. Great strides have been made... Ok, the UNSC sanctions slowly being lifted, Kuwait is working with Iraq to resolve final pending issues; once we all find out what transpired yesterday, the completion of their GOI, third reading of Budget and the need to join the WTO does indeed require a traded international currency... Some chaos is beginning in the streets of Iraq and the Government is issuing ration cards. While the pressure is truly being put on the Iraqi Government... contracts are coming in and some are being lost and having to be renewed... Energy, security and the nation of people living outside of the green zone are hungry and unemployed. Now that this government has been born it is time to begin to crawl and attempt to walk... Go RV...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not trying to be debbie downer here. My question to all that post that an RV is what is needed is the answer is this. How can an overnight RV be the answer?

If tomorrow their money is worth more. Than that would mean that a loaf of bread is worth more. That would mean that gasoline that is .05 cents a gallon now will ultimately be worth 3 dollars a gallon with a RV of 1 to 1 (I did't do the math but you get my point). This will happen to every product to avoid people from cleaning off the shelves of everything. People would go hungry and starving if there currency was to rise and value and the products didn't.

So with this said, How will an RV help those people right now, because anybody can understand in the long run how it will help. How will it help them create jobs to earn an income?

Overnight? No, it probably would do exactly what you said... but think of it this way. Whoever is importing the bread was getting it for 1000 dinar (selling it for 1500 dinar)... now they're getting it for 2 dinar (a week after RV when supply runs out). They'd be mad to think they can still sell it for 1500 dinar. So in the end it would take a bit for the entire domestic market to make the change over... but after that they'd have a lot more buying power.

I think RV by the 25th makes sense. Can turn from a 1,000,000 protest to a 1,000,000 celebration.

Might be like some of the "celebrations" we see here in America when a professional basket ball team wins a championship ....

those can get UGLY B)

Overnight? No, it probably would do exactly what you said... but think of it this way. Whoever is importing the bread was getting it for 1000 dinar (selling it for 1500 dinar)... now they're getting it for 2 dinar (a week after RV when supply runs out). They'd be mad to think they can still sell it for 1500 dinar. So in the end it would take a bit for the entire domestic market to make the change over... but after that they'd have a lot more buying power.

I think that is another task in hand. If you take and RV the currency, would this not force every retailer to revise all their prices. That sounds more like an accounting nightmare.

NEVER underestimate the power of a pumper.....these guys are VERY good at what they do B)

That is a comment I did not think I would hear and not sure what it means. If you are refering to the protest, the link is right here....

http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=140883&l=1

I'm not sure what else you would be referring to. I don't think pumpers are causing Iraqi's to burn down buildings or kill 16 year old children. Could you go a bit deeper into your comment because I'm not sure I understand it....Thanks Tim

The GOI doesn't "have" to do anything......let your common sense go, there is way more going on over there than you can possibly imagine. There is much left to do....many things to resolve. we'll be lucky if they get this done by June and it certainly won't be at any of the ridiculous rates that the pumpers have been spewing.....less than a buck would be my guestimation....JMO B)

Again, I appreciate your comments but I don't think the Iraqi people are gonna give them until June. Have you been in Iraq Tim? You speak as though you have first hand experience. Thanks again for the feedback.

Edited by tjmunson
  • Upvote 2

We are so close to this we can not see the obvious? They could care less about their value going up!

TRY - FOOD - WATER - ELECTRICITY these are the things they really want.

An RV will not cure their problems.

They see their Government in the green zone, with all the things they don't have.Promising to give them these things and not delivering.

Yes the RV may calm them long enough to turn the lights on and hopefully long enough to stop the demonstrations.

I just want an RV long enough to get out of the way of what ever craziness is going to happen and get on with my own life.

GO RV / RI

• Upvote 1

Peace.

I sure would like to see where this information came from! A link or something!

I sure would like to see where this information came from! A link or something!

here is one from the previous page. There have been others out in the past week i just don't have those saved. It doesn't give a nukber of 1 million expected, but the other one i saw said they were expecting a much larger turn out at this one than the last one. Either way it could get very ugly.

NEVER underestimate the power of a pumper.....these guys are VERY good at what they do

I agree but my question before i make up my mind were did this come from, media, dinar forum or just speculation.

Would have sat a bit better with some link to back up this so called million Iraq protesters story

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1