Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

University of Maryland Study on Fox News

Carrello

I found this Salt Lake City Tribune report (a very red state) piece of the State of Maryland study on Fox News very interesting. I had read many other studies stating the same information regarding Fox. I need to be more diverse when it comes to the news and get two sides to the story. If I have learned nothing else in life, there are always two sides to a story.

Fox News Misinforms

Fox News misinforms

First published Jan 10 2011 12:20AM

Updated Jan 10, 2011 12:20AM

A recent University of Maryland study confirms that those who watch Fox News daily are significantly more likely than those who never watch it to believe that:

• Most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses. (It has created millions of jobs.)

• Most economists estimate that the health care bill will worsen the deficit. (Most estimate it will reduce the deficit.)

• The economy is getting worse. (It is improving.)

• Most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring. (Scientists are at near consensus that it is.)

• The stimulus did not include tax cuts. (Forty percent of it was in tax cuts to the middle class and small businesses.)

• Their own income taxes have gone up. (They have gone down.)

• The auto bailout only occurred under President Barack Obama. (The program was initiated by President George W. Bush.)

• Most Republican congressmen opposed TARP, the Troubled Asset Relief Program. (Republicans overwhelmingly voted for it.)

• It is not clear that Obama was born in the United States. (His birth certificate has been authenticated by experts.)

Fox News intentionally misinforms. It can better advance its far-right agenda when its viewers are ignorant.

Jim Sargent

Salt Lake City

Copyright 2011 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 45

His birth certificate has not been authenticated by experts, it has been by his own experts. He has admitted on TV 5 times that he was born in Kenya, his wife mentioned it once. The man can not be trusted. His birth certificate from Hawaii has been on this website. Yes it has a state seal but no signatures at all!!!! The doctor is supposed to sign off on the birth certificate as he was the one whom delivered the child.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 8

Omg! and you think we get the truth from the left wing media. How many times do they only tell half the story? Or leave out facts that would put a whole different light on things. The people are waking up and thats why they attack Fox or any other media that tells both sides. ;)

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

His birth certificate has not been authenticated by experts, it has been by his own experts. He has admitted on TV 5 times that he was born in Kenya, his wife mentioned it once. The man can not be trusted. His birth certificate from Hawaii has been on this website. Yes it has a state seal but no signatures at all!!!! The doctor is supposed to sign off on the birth certificate as he was the one whom delivered the child.

then why did John Boehner come out and publicly state that Obama was a citizen? If it isn't true then that doesn't make sense

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I WILL PUT MY RESPONCES IN CAPS!

I found this Salt Lake City Tribune report (a very red state) piece of the State of Maryland study on Fox News very interesting. I had read many other studies stating the same information regarding Fox. I need to be more diverse when it comes to the news and get two sides to the story. If I have learned nothing else in life, there are always two sides to a story.

Fox News Misinforms

Fox News misinforms

A recent University of Maryland study confirms that those who watch Fox News daily are significantly more likely than those who never watch it to believe that:

• Most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses. (It has created millions of jobs.) WHY IS UNEMPLOYMENT STILL ABOVE 9%. THE ONLY REASON THE NUMBERS AREN'T HIGHER BECAUSE THEY HIGHERED ON STATE AND FEDERAL EMPLOYEES, WAIT STILL THEY START LAYING US OFF!

• Most economists estimate that the health care bill will worsen the deficit. (Most estimate it will reduce the deficit.) YEAH, RIGHT! WE CANT AFFORD WHOS ON OUR HEALTHCARE PLANS NOW, LET ALONE ADD ON ANOTHER 30 MILLION PEOPLE. IT DOESNT GET CHEAPER!

• The economy is getting worse. (It is improving.) ITS SLOWLY BUILDING, TOO SLOWLY AT THE RATE WE'RE SPENDING!

• Most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring. (Scientists are at near consensus that it is.) B.S. TELL AL GORE TO BITE ME! WHY DID WE HAVE RECORDS SNOWFALL THIS YEAR? OHHH...THATS A PART OF PROVING HIS POINT, RIGHT?

• The stimulus did not include tax cuts. (Forty percent of it was in tax cuts to the middle class and small businesses.) TAX CUTS WE WERE ALREADY GETTING! OHH...CAUSE WE GOT TO KEEP AN EXTRA 10 DOLLARS A PAYCHECK, GET REAL IT WAS MY MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

• Their own income taxes have gone up. (They have gone down.) THEY WILL WHEN YOU COUNT ON INFLATION GOING UP ON GAS, FOOD, CLOTHES ETC....THERE GOES THAT 10 PER CHECK, DOESN'T EVEN COVER THE EXCESS COST IN GAS, LET ALONE FOOD!

• The auto bailout only occurred under President Barack Obama. (The program was initiated by President George W. Bush.) HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE NEW CAR BUYER TAX UP THIS YEAR, MAYBE I WOULD'VE GOTTEN A CREDIT FOR 40,000 I SPENT ON A NEW CAR!

• Most Republican congressmen opposed TARP, the Troubled Asset Relief Program. (Republicans overwhelmingly voted for it.) WHO CARES, JUST LIKE MOST DEMS VOTED FOR THE WAR, BEFORE THEY VOTED AGAINST IT! YOU ALL SUCK!

• It is not clear that Obama was born in the United States. (His birth certificate has been authenticated by experts.) PROVE IT!

Fox News intentionally misinforms. It can better advance its far-right agenda when its viewers are ignorant. IT GOES BOTH WAYS BUDDY!

Jim Sargent

Salt Lake City

ROGER01 E-5 (USMC)

SAN DIEGO, CA

COPYRIGHT 2011 ALL B.S. EXCLUDED!

ALL RIGHTS GIVEN TO YOU BY GUYS LIKE ME!

Edited by roger01
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

so did you post to aggravate? agitate? make a point? if so what? I could go on and on. what, when and why this is nefarious, on your part as it stands now. but lets just start with the general structure of american academia. the liberal standards,educators and agendas. really your a senior member?!! tragic very tragic... but what do I know? 8th grade education, a business,farm,family, a few bucks(very few) a handful of questionable foreign currency and a handful of the best employee's one could ask for. enough funds to cover my payroll for 6 months if my customers go belly up. what I don't have, a single payment to any financial institution PERIOD. the desire to let anyone go or close up shop if someone somehow doesn't stop Washington's ill informed, poorly managed, and horribly conceived ideas for a better America. NO MEDIA OUTLET PERIOD IS OUR FRIEND but Fox comes as close to being straight as anyone and they are still hard to take occasionally. if you believe this nonsense move. there are flights to various foreign communist countries everyday and why stay here waiting for the government to get their version of communism right, when China and North Korea even the remnants of the USSR are beckoning for you. maybe even Venezuela. they have a head start on us as well. Eric

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Fox News Misinforms

Fox News misinforms

• Most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses. (It has created millions of jobs.)

• Most economists estimate that the health care bill will worsen the deficit. (Most estimate it will reduce the deficit.)

• Most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring. (Scientists are at near consensus that it is.)

• The stimulus did not include tax cuts. (Forty percent of it was in tax cuts to the middle class and small businesses.)

• The auto bailout only occurred under President Barack Obama. (The program was initiated by President George W. Bush.)

• Most Republican congressmen opposed TARP, the Troubled Asset Relief Program. (Republicans overwhelmingly voted for it.)

• It is not clear that Obama was born in the United States. (His birth certificate has been authenticated by experts.)

Fox News intentionally misinforms. It can better advance its far-right agenda when its viewers are ignorant.

Jim Sargent

Salt Lake City

It figures that a libtard would post such dribble. Nothing to do with our investment. Just support OWEbama.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Fox News Misinforms

Fox News misinforms

Jim Sargent

Salt Lake City

This only prooves that liberalism is a mental disease.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

So true! You can't have a rational discussion with a libtard. Their libtardation doesn't allow them to think rationally.

This is no joke. I do work in a liberal town in Upstate N. Y. and out of seven customers, six have their shrink on speed dial. You can only imagine how many days I walk away shaking my head wondering what the...................? I'm sure the seventh one has a shrink too. He just hasn't conveyed that to me yet. :lmao: Godspeed to all!

• Upvote 6

Jim,

I don't really care about the ramifications flowing from most of your statement as they relate solely to American issues but I cannot let: • Most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring. (Scientists are at near consensus that it is.) pass.

It absolute drivel to claim that 'most' scientists believe in climate change! Two problems my friend, IS the climate changing(??) and if so, WHAT is causing the change. There is unlikely to be one cause but multiple contributing factors. The whole climate change debate has been hijacked by those scientists with a vested monetary interest (fat salaries and grants) and dullards who believe the outpourings from a vile media with its own agenda/s.

And I absolutely agree that this article does not belong on the Dinar Vets site.

Regards,

• Upvote 2

so did you post to aggravate? agitate? make a point? if so what? I could go on and on. what, when and why this is nefarious, on your part as it stands now. but lets just start with the general structure of american academia. the liberal standards,educators and agendas. really your a senior member?!! tragic very tragic... but what do I know? 8th grade education, a business,farm,family, a few bucks(very few) a handful of questionable foreign currency and a handful of the best employee's one could ask for. enough funds to cover my payroll for 6 months if my customers go belly up. what I don't have, a single payment to any financial institution PERIOD. the desire to let anyone go or close up shop if someone somehow doesn't stop Washington's ill informed, poorly managed, and horribly conceived ideas for a better America. NO MEDIA OUTLET PERIOD IS OUR FRIEND but Fox comes as close to being straight as anyone and they are still hard to take occasionally. if you believe this nonsense move. there are flights to various foreign communist countries everyday and why stay here waiting for the government to get their version of communism right, when China and North Korea even the remnants of the USSR are beckoning for you. maybe even Venezuela. they have a head start on us as well. Eric

Bravo, let's all pray that all small businesses (men & women, conservatives and liberals) have loaded up on Dinar and will prosper with the upcoming RV. Then the conservatives will have the cash flow to keep on providing jobs for all those who choose to work. This will give the liberals a nice chunk of money to mail in their contribution to PBS, hopefully dropping that check in the mail on the way to the airport for their one way ticket to France. Perhaps they can take along the meatheads who came up with that drivel that some other idiot called a study.

• Upvote 1

His birth certificate has not been authenticated by experts, it has been by his own experts.No, it has been autheticated by the state of Hawaii...whose sworn duty it is to verify such things. He has admitted on TV 5 times that he was born in Kenya, his wife mentioned it once. No, actually, that youtube video was doctored as the maker admitted on the site His wife said his HOMELAND was Kenya...as in where his ancesters came from.The man can not be trusted. His birth certificate from Hawaii has been on this website. Yes it has a state seal but no signatures at all!!!!Wrong again. It has a seal and a signature...and mre importantly has been verified TWICE by the issuing agency. The doctor is supposed to sign off on the birth certificate as he was the one whom delivered the child. And that would be the form kept in the archives...it is not the form that is issued in Hawaii. There is no law ANYWHERE that says that a doctors signature...or even a doctors name ...must be on a birth certificate to make it a real certificate.

Obama is a citizen, but you have to be a natural born citizen to be president.

Good thing he is both then....:lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3