Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bahrain's king gifts $1,000BHD ($3,000USD) to every family

moneymachine86

capt.photo_1297449545087-1-0.jpg?x=400&y=283&q=85&sig=HxO4mHy6wpxgTAWilGCzgQ--

MANAMA — Bahrain's king has ordered that each family in the tiny Gulf monarchy be given $3,000 to mark the 10th anniversary of a national charter for reforms, state news agency BNA said on Friday.

"On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the National Action Charter and as a sign of appreciation for the people of Bahrain who have approved it, King Hamad bin Issa al-Khalifa has ordered 1,000 dinars (3,000 dollars) to be paid to every Bahraini family," BNA reported.

The decision came as cyber activists called for protests in Bahrain starting from Monday to demand political, social and economic reforms.

In a February 2001 referendum, Bahrainis approved a national charter for reform which restored a parliament dissolved in 1975, and in February 2002, Bahrain became a kingdom ruled by a constitutional monarchy.

Bahrain's government has announced measures to support food prices and help families in need, as revolts in Egypt and Tunisia, sparked by poverty and unemployment, led to the ouster of both regimes.

Bahrain, with a population of around 568,000 people, is considered the poorest among its oil-rich Gulf neighbours and its crude reserves have virtually dried up.

News Link

Edited by moneymachine86
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Bahrain has a dinar, as well.

It's gonna have a strong reaction to most folks who read the title. Many people assume that the titles to the topics in the news forum is cut and posted and this title states. Bahrain's King Gifts 1000 IQD ($3,000) to every family. That's a big boo boo.

Maybe the post should be removed and reposted with a correct heading. JMO.

Thanks Dogmatic and thank you for your advice a few weeks back. It was very helpful in me gaining a better perspective.

GO IRAQ!!!

Edited by tjmunson
  • Upvote 1

This is just in reference to the Egypt and ME "revolts". Bahrain is it's own country with its own money and king as stated in the article. I'm just saying that Iraq is not the only country with dinars. Kuwait has dinar and they are worth 3+ = 1 USD. So is Bahrain's $ apparently.

:P:lol: :lol: everyone beat me to the reply :D

• Upvote 1

It's gonna have a strong reaction to most folks who read the title. Many people assume that the titles to the topics in the news forum is cut and posted and this title states. Bahrain's King Gifts 1000 IQD ($3,000) to every family. That's a big boo boo.

Maybe the post should be removed and reposted with a correct heading. JMO.

Thanks Dogmatic and thank you for your advice a few weeks back. It was very helpful in me gaining a better perspective.

GO IRAQ!!!

Well thank you and your welcome!

And, yes, I did change the title from IQD to BHD.

• Downvote 1

what im looking at is the size of this country and their money is worth 3 to 1, and the article says their oil is almost depleted. Then look at Iraq......why is their money worth so little? there has to be an adjustment in the value of the Iraqi currency...SOON .

Edited by detroitjazzman