Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This could be a sign of whats to come

BanG

After burning young Tunisians and Egyptians themselves and fall of the dictatorship in their country, a young Iraqi burn himself up in Nineveh

Palm - died young Iraqi (Abdul Munir Mohammed Fathi) of the sons of Nineveh province, the day after his feet on Saturday to burn himself in protest against the ill Communal and worsening unemployment, which is happening in Iraq as a result of the continuing brutal occupation and the failure of successive governments to some extent in finding solutions to problems and crises experienced by Iraqis in general.

The source confirmed the news about the father of the deceased and a number of his family as saying this afternoon that (Abdul Munir), aged 30 years and who supports four children and their mother has been suffering for eight years of poor living conditions as a result of the lack of job opportunities in spite of repeated attempts to get a job or work in government departments to help deal with the difficult conditions experienced by the family.

They pointed out that (Abdalmunir), who lives in the Tahrir district in downtown Mosul, had established a shop simple in the region but was forced to close because of the concrete barriers set up by government forces under the pretext of maintaining the deteriorating security made him resort to work porter in the market and when they failed to provide the minimum Near the requirements of the oldest family on Saturday to set fire to himself and his death on Sunday died of severe burns he suffered.

And fell two governments two Arab North Africa (Tunisia and Egypt) from the oppression of dictatorship after lit a fire and burned themselves to protest the poor state pension and the worsening of unemployment, which has seen their country and just like so burned Iraqi (Abdul Munir Mohammed Fathi) the same reaction to what happened in recent times

http://www.nakhelnew...ws.php?nid=5802

WARNING! The picture at this LINK IS VERY GRAPHIC! HEARTBREAKING AS WELL.

• Upvote 2

Good find DanG, showing it well harsh realities need to be seen.

This story just BROKE my heart, I have seen in my years and as a former soldier many horrific things but this this takes the cake. I nearly wept when I read this mans story and what drove him to end his young life. When I was done reading this article I IMMEDIATELY FELL INTO PRAYER FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE! So so SAD.

• Upvote 4

Middle east corruption ratings as rated by Transparency International a nonpartisan group that fights corruption, as stated in OC register

Out of 178 countries (Higher number being more corrupt) , Egypt ranked 98 / GDP $6,200 / unemployment 9.7, Iraq 175 /GDP $3,600/ unemployment 15.3 ,

Draw your own conclusions.

This story just BROKE my heart, I have seen in my years and as a former soldier many horrific things but this this takes the cake. I nearly wept when I read this mans story and what drove him to end his young life. When I was done reading this article I IMMEDIATELY FELL INTO PRAYER FOR THE IRAQI PEOPLE! So so SAD.

He really helped his family by killing himself. I think he was a coward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 17

Yes, it is a sad story. His circumstances, though, are shared with a large percentage of other Iraq men who find they cannot feed and clothe and house their families adequately. Thank God they don't all decide to light themselves on fire.

Besides not being here to even TRY to help his family, imagine how his wife feels, and the children who will grow up knowing. I hope the people of his community do not go on to think he was some kind of hero. He was a nut, not perhaps for committing suicide but the manner in which he did it . Personal experience tells me it is not cowardice that leads to this, but desperation.

Thanks for the post ... a reminder that no matter what happens next, or when or even if ... we have it so much better than they do.

smee2

• Upvote 3

Middle east corruption ratings as rated by Transparency International a nonpartisan group that fights corruption, as stated in OC register

Out of 178 countries (Higher number being more corrupt) , Egypt ranked 98 / GDP $6,200 / unemployment 9.7, Iraq 175 /GDP $3,600/ unemployment 15.3 ,

Draw your own conclusions.

Yes, and Mubarik's PERSONAL "STEALINGS" (Oh, I mean wealth) is 50-70 BILLION Dollars!

Consider this, I am a CAPITALIST, and believe that if (and the more) you bring value into this global economy, or boost PRODUCTIVITY you SHOULD GET STINKING RICH!!! You have raised the value of each persons situation/life to some extent, in some way. Bill Gates did this, Warren Buffet has done this, and third in line is MUBARIK?????? He has "CREAMED" off EVERY contract written, ABUSED his people, PUSHED DOWN their GOD GIVEN DIGNITY, yet he is the third richest man in the world???

AND AMERICA SUPPORTS HIM, NAY PUT HIM IN OFFICE?? Truth has fallen in the streets. Good is bad, Bad is Good!

• Upvote 2

I for one do not think this man was a coward at all! He was so desperate he chose a way to make his statement that will echo all through the middle east. This just happened recently and toppled another government. The mere fact he LIVED 24 MORE HOURS IN AGONY is something I cannot bring myself to imagine. My heart goes out to his family.

• Upvote 4

Sad thing to see indeed. I feel sorry for that guys family that he's left behind to cope with not having a father. In that respect, I think he took the easy way out. Just goes to show what kind of people they are over there. Their culture.... how they view life. It's VERY DIFFERENT than our way of life. They don't seem to care about life, just as long as they can somehow justify through prayer what they're about to do. This is how they can fly civillian airliners into skyscrapers and kill thousands of inocent people who are just trying to go about their daily lives.

I invested in the Iraqi Dinar to better my way of life. I'm hoping for the RV to happen, and if it ever happens, I will exchange them at the bank and pay what taxes I need to pay. I will then go on with my life. I'm sorry to sound cold towards the people of Iraq that they have to live like that, but to be totally honest with you..... once this investment is over..... I wouldn't care what happens over in the ME. I lost lots of friends on 9/11.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

BangG, I am saddened because of the huge corruption, the ecomomy, and strife of the people. Things should never should have come down to this. When the Tunisian burned himself, it was all over the news and the internet. It seems like the ONLY people paying attention to Iraq are the Iraqis and those of us invested. I think things are being kept on the down low for international investment purposes. For the Iraqi people and the rest of us, soon the Whole World will be paying attention. JMO

• Upvote 2

Count yourselves lucky we dont have to live like this .On the other hand lose everything you hold dear and see where your mind goes. I believe if they had the chance to buy the Iraq dinar it would give them a way out to a degree. Not everyone can do this. If they did -sure as shootin the economy will say pay more ,and that may happen to us also. So i think it is much simpier to have sympathy for ones that are the least.GOD says that in His word. But then again we dont all believe in the Bible do we. I do. I would want to believe that if i lived there maybe i would say to family - lets put what we have or could afford in and see what happens -It couldnt get any worse. Thats kind of the way i thot going into this here. I have seen people burn up and blow up and i can say - it is not something you want to see . It has taken a good part of me . I feel for this mans family and i pray that something good comes of it. I think that is what he was trying to do. It goes like this --- if i do this in protest maybe my family will be looked after. - if you have a plan or if you dont - it is not for me to say he was suicidal. I can say this - as a father i know he was crying inside. I would be if i was in that space and space of mind. I pray that this does not happen to anyone here-GOD Bless you all --Vern

• Upvote 2

Almost makes you feel guilty for wanting the nice big cars and the properties and all the nice things we will be able to purchase after the RV. God bless all the Iraqi people, i hope they receive wealth beyond their imagination in their futures.

• Upvote 1

After burning young Tunisians and Egyptians themselves and fall of the dictatorship in their country, a young Iraqi burn himself up in Nineveh

Palm - died young Iraqi (Abdul Munir Mohammed Fathi) of the sons of Nineveh province, the day after his feet on Saturday to burn himself in protest against the ill Communal and worsening unemployment, which is happening in Iraq as a result of the continuing brutal occupation and the failure of successive governments to some extent in finding solutions to problems and crises experienced by Iraqis in general.

The source confirmed the news about the father of the deceased and a number of his family as saying this afternoon that (Abdul Munir), aged 30 years and who supports four children and their mother has been suffering for eight years of poor living conditions as a result of the lack of job opportunities in spite of repeated attempts to get a job or work in government departments to help deal with the difficult conditions experienced by the family.

They pointed out that (Abdalmunir), who lives in the Tahrir district in downtown Mosul, had established a shop simple in the region but was forced to close because of the concrete barriers set up by government forces under the pretext of maintaining the deteriorating security made him resort to work porter in the market and when they failed to provide the minimum Near the requirements of the oldest family on Saturday to set fire to himself and his death on Sunday died of severe burns he suffered.

And fell two governments two Arab North Africa (Tunisia and Egypt) from the oppression of dictatorship after lit a fire and burned themselves to protest the poor state pension and the worsening of unemployment, which has seen their country and just like so burned Iraqi (Abdul Munir Mohammed Fathi) the same reaction to what happened in recent times

http://www.nakhelnew...ws.php?nid=5802

WARNING! The picture at this LINK IS VERY GRAPHIC! HEARTBREAKING AS WELL.

well actually there is no Nineveh provience it was originally a city but now its been in ruins for years however there is a city named Mosul, in the Ninawa Governorate of Iraq.

I just can not believe that the people of Iraq could think that doing something as horrific as this would or could change the way they are treated by the government. I am truly sorry to see

such atrocities. I can only hope and pray that the people of Iraq stop being mortars, because IMO it is only being seen by blinded eyes. The people he is trying to persuade are non caring,

greedy and corrupt. They care about personal wealth, not of the wellbeing of country. These thing are obvious. There actions are shown time after time. I am truly sorry to see things like this.