Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IS THIS TRUE????

liquidravingdj

Investment risks they won’t tell you about

Assume that you are determined to “invest” in dinars despite the shadowy and misleading dealers you will have to work with. You should be aware of the following risks.

1. Liquidity

There is currently no active market for dinars. You can buy them but can you sell them? We surveyed several dealers and found that the difference between what you can buy dinars for and what you can sell them for is approximately 20%. This means that the dinar will have to appreciate by at least 20% before you could sell the currency back at break-even. It is worth noting that since the new dinar was introduced after the U.S. invasion it has only appreciated about 23% total.

2. Currencies with extremely low values are often demonetized

It is quite common for countries with currencies that have very low values compared to other currencies to demonetize their existing hard currency and issue new currency with new values. For example, the Venezuelans (another oil economy) demonetized the bolivar (trading at 2,150 to the USD) in 2008 and allowed currency owners to exchange 1,000 of them for 1 new bolivar. The new bolivar now trades at 2.15 to the USD.

3. Inflation

Currently the Iraqi Central Bank is reporting monthly inflation rates that range between -4% (negative) to 8%. If the government and economy become more unstable than they are at present, those inflation rates could skyrocket. Hyperinflation destroys the value of hard currency. By the time the Turkish government revalued, in 2008 the lira had inflated to 1.5million lira to the USD.

The bottom line

This is an investment opportunity marketed by unregistered advisors to mostly unsophisticated currency investors. No risks are disclosed and past information is fabricated or modified to make the opportunity look better than it really is. This investment is a gamble at best.

HOPE NOT!!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

As with all investments, there are risks. There are no guarantees with any investment! But if you read, research and listen I think you will find that THIS investment IS going to happen. It's just a question of WHEN not IF. Iraq has to change the way their country is going and they need a tradable currency! It is a country rich in resources and it has to RV the currency to take care of its people and be able to trade with other countries. That's my opinion. ;)

• Upvote 5

Because im to lazy to type, answer to your question.....NO, but your obviously just as lazy for not researching more :o

THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING RESEARCH. FOUND THIS BROUGHT IT HERE FOR A DIFFRENT TAKE ON IT. THATS ALL. IM FINDING WHAT I AM READING ABOUT THE BAD STUFF IS ALL VERY SIMILAR TO THIS. THATS WHY I BROUGHT THIS HERE TO HERE OTHER TAKES ON IT NO LAZINESS ABOUT IT.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

As with all investments, there are risks. There are no guarantees with any investment! But if you read, research and listen I think you will find that THIS investment IS going to happen. It's just a question of WHEN not IF. Iraq has to change the way their country is going and they need a tradable currency! It is a country rich in resources and it has to RV the currency to take care of its people and be able to trade with other countries. That's my opinion. ;)

THANK YOU. I AM DOING RESEARCH CAME ACROSS THIS. OBVIOUS HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE AND AM WAITING FOR THE RV LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I GUESS THE MAIN QUESTION HERE WAS THE IF? BUT I WILL DO MORE RESEARCH AND MORE READING AND SURE I'LL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Paragraph # 2 in your post about the Lira got me thinking! Now if the same happened with Iraq at a rate of 1170 to 1 USD would convert to $1.17 USD to 1 dinar after the conversion if it is done the same way, and that would remove 3 zero's from the paper at the same time. So we would break even. I hope this is not the case and I dont buy into the lop theory's. Just tossing thoughts around. I could and may be very wronge and if so it wont be the first time or the last. Happy Valentines Day everyone :unsure:

• Upvote 1

THANK YOU. I AM DOING RESEARCH CAME ACROSS THIS. OBVIOUS HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE AND AM WAITING FOR THE RV LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I GUESS THE MAIN QUESTION HERE WAS THE IF? BUT I WILL DO MORE RESEARCH AND MORE READING AND SURE I'LL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. ;)

Keep researching information as you have provided. It is good to read all sides of the story. Keeps you grounded. No one here has made millions on this Iraqi currency yet, and they can't make the guarantee that they ever will. I'm good on it either way, I am not relying on this RV to live my life. Just would make things real comfortable.Some people can't except that this may fall completely through.Thanks for the post. B)

Edited by In Iraq
  • Upvote 1

If this was true; then why is it that every time I read the daily CBI auctions it is always US banks partisipating in the auctions, and they are buying hundreds of millions. Are they buying the dinar and keeping it for a profit or do they offer it to there customers for investing like my bank does. I could take mine to the 5/3 bank now and they will exchange it. I do not see all these banks buying hundreds of millions of dinar on a daily basis, or when they hold the auctions which is almost daily, and take a loss on a scale like that. What I do see is that these backs are speculating that they will make some money just like I am. I am not the smartist person in the world but I do think that the Iraqi dinar has no where to go but increase in value. If some people had the goose that laid the golden egg in their lap and it laid an egg; they would still think they were sh*t on!

• Upvote 1

I can't answer your questions, but what makes this investment have potential for some nice profit, looking at the currency's history (although not much). Since 2003 it's made great gains, if the dinar would even drop there pegged rate we would make quite a bit of money even within a year or two. So even if there's no RV we could still make money, i mean, i don't think the dinar can stay pegged forever right? :blink:

• Upvote 1

ANY Currency investment is like Gambling, your banking on the specified country to pull things together, improve their economy and a hole lot of other issues to make their currency worth something. VERY VERY High RISK investment. Never Invest what you cannot afford to lose is my motto. JMO.

Agreed.

Investment risks they won’t tell you about

Assume that you are determined to “invest” in dinars despite the shadowy and misleading dealers you will have to work with. You should be aware of the following risks.

1. Liquidity

There is currently no active market for dinars. You can buy them but can you sell them? We surveyed several dealers and found that the difference between what you can buy dinars for and what you can sell them for is approximately 20%. This means that the dinar will have to appreciate by at least 20% before you could sell the currency back at break-even. It is worth noting that since the new dinar was introduced after the U.S. invasion it has only appreciated about 23% total. - THERE IS NO NEED TO BE "A MARKET" FOR THE IQD. IF I WANT - RIGHT NOW - TO BUY THE BOLIVIAN CURRENCY AND SELL IT IN TWO MONTHS , DOES IT HAVE TO "HAVE A MARKET"? AND ACTUALLY, IF I SELL MY DINAR RIGHT NOW, I ALREADY MADE 300% ON THEM, AND YES, SELLING IT TO THE FEW DEALERS OUT THERE. IT IS NOT LIKE THE IQD WILL TAKE THE PLACE OF THE $ OR EURO...

2. Currencies with extremely low values are often demonetized

It is quite common for countries with currencies that have very low values compared to other currencies to demonetize their existing hard currency and issue new currency with new values. For example, the Venezuelans (another oil economy) demonetized the bolivar (trading at 2,150 to the USD) in 2008 and allowed currency owners to exchange 1,000 of them for 1 new bolivar. The new bolivar now trades at 2.15 to the USD. - THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO THE COUTRIES THAT LOPED. WHILE IT COULD HAPPEN, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY A LOP DID NOT TAKE PLACE WHEN THE DINAR WAS $1= 2,000 DINARS, OR 3,000, OR WHATEVER VALUE IT HAS BEEN SINCE THEY PRINTED IT IN 2003? WHY DID IT HAVE A SLOW GROW? JUST TO END IN A LOP? I am not making a case AGAINST a LOP here, I am just asking a question...

3. Inflation

Currently the Iraqi Central Bank is reporting monthly inflation rates that range between -4% (negative) to 8%. If the government and economy become more unstable than they are at present, those inflation rates could skyrocket. Hyperinflation destroys the value of hard currency. By the time the Turkish government revalued, in 2008 the lira had inflated to 1.5million lira to the USD. - I BELIEVE CBI IS VERY PROUD OF KEEPING INFLATION UNDER CONTROL. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT, BUT IF HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE 000s, THAT'S A MATTER OF TAKING THEM OFF THE MARKET AFTER& BEFORE AN EVENTUAL RV.

The bottom line - THE BOTTOM LINE IS NO ONE KNOWS. NOT THIS GUY, NOT ME. Just wanted to make that clear.

This is an investment opportunity marketed by unregistered advisors to mostly unsophisticated currency investors. No risks are disclosed and past information is fabricated or modified to make the opportunity look better than it really is. This investment is a gamble at best.

HOPE NOT!!

Edited by jola
  • Upvote 1

It is true that when a countries currency is devaluing that it can demonitize. Venezuela's trading power was weak with such a low valued currency so they demonitized. The difference with the dinar is currently the value is low but that is due to that it has never been traded internationally and it has never devalued. It has increased in value. You could view the new dinar as being similar to the new Bolivar one has been introduced to the market and one has not. I feel once introduced to the world market their will be no concerns of the dinar devaluing. Also the inflation in Iraq speaks volumes. The dinar is strong although valued low. What your article fails to tell us is when the old bolivar was demonitized, what was venezuelas inflation? I can't give you that amount, but I am guessing the inflation was out the roof. But most importantly I firmly agree that the investment holds risks, although less today than years ago. JMHO. Thanks for sharing. It does open a good discussion.

Only if you invested in Vietnamese Dong. biggrin.gif

That's John Jagerson's article from Mint.com, ...and equally worthless! Not exactly what I would consider: Fair and Balanced.

Agree :) Also last I checked Venezuela has an idiot dictator running the country. Not exactly what currency markets like. Just an FYI since you are researching. Same with the Dong in Vietnam (Communism). If you are going to compare, please use apples with apples, and research more. Iraq lost value overnight, they have a right to reinstate some of that value overnight. If they do, we gain. If they don't, we learn. :)

• Upvote 2

To devalue the dinar and then later revalue it again, is all in the game plan on a much higher level than we realize collectively, and the plan is on schedule. This is why so many of our government organizations are secure in their large investments for Iraqi currency. The strings are being pulled by big players behind the curtain, and it leaves all of us smaller investors to simply speculate on events and their resulting effects for our holdings. This thing was planned years ago, and will develop in the time frame that best suits these big players who could not care less about us, our hopes and dreams for a better life. Never has been their concern and never will.

All the folks that think they have it figured out, generally speaking, have no clue. No one is going to tell the peasants what is really happening. The (so called) information, leaking out is a smoke screen which is just fine with the big boys. Some of the wealthiest people and entities in the world are serving their own purpose with oil, commodities, control, and the game of divisiveness and deception. Bait and switch. Offer a diversion to attract attention and carry on unnoticed. Offer up speculation to the masses, publish and broadcast it, and it becomes real to those receiving it. It is just how things work in the world of corruption and power.

The suffering of the Iraqi people in their poverty is a justifiable means to an end for these folks. It's just a matter of calculated and expendable loss as numbers on a spread sheet to get them where they want to be. Pawns in a big chess game. Ruthless, heartless, and inhumane? Absolutely, however these words mean very little to the global power players (here in the US and abroad) that have controlled and manipulated politics, wars, famine, desolation, man made catastrophes, acts of cruelty against humanity, so called national emergencies, etc., etc. Whatever best suites their need for power and money, and we have seldom if ever known the truth behind all of these occurrences. Nevertheless, we should, and probably will be able to recover the crumbs left by their feast.

Even though this seems to be rather hopeless when considering our role in the big picture, their is a power much bigger than those who take pleasure and solace, while basking in their world dominance of control and wealth, while giving no measure of importance to populations of souls, except as a tool for manipulation. We can and must migrate to that divine power with our thoughts, hopes and desires. He is our refuge and our strength. Nations and corruption has fallen away throughout history because of the favor He has shown to those that turn to Him in faith.

Their will be those reading this who scoff and consider these statements of no value. This would be part of the problem and not the solution. It would be at our own demise to turn from the source of all that is good. We can make a difference, and the more that align themselves the the truth in agreement and faith, the more power we as a people will have against insurmountably corruption. Their is power in numbers. We have a perfect platform to agree together. If you are offended by this posting, I make no apologies, but do hope you have the depth to consider truth without judgment.

Because im to lazy to type, answer to your question.....NO, but your obviously just as lazy for not researching more :o

WRONG ANSWER......you say NO like you know something........the truth is "it could be very true?" Is it....I don't know, that's what we are waiting to find out :P

• Upvote 1

It is true that when a countries currency is devaluing that it can demonitize. Venezuela's trading power was weak with such a low valued currency so they demonitized. The difference with the dinar is currently the value is low but that is due to that it has never been traded internationally and it has never devalued. It has increased in value. You could view the new dinar as being similar to the new Bolivar one has been introduced to the market and one has not. I feel once introduced to the world market their will be no concerns of the dinar devaluing. Also the inflation in Iraq speaks volumes. The dinar is strong although valued low. What your article fails to tell us is when the old bolivar was demonitized, what was venezuelas inflation? I can't give you that amount, but I am guessing the inflation was out the roof. But most importantly I firmly agree that the investment holds risks, although less today than years ago. JMHO. Thanks for sharing. It does open a good discussion.

thank you this is what i hoped.. to get a few takes on this article. like i said i am researching as much as i can before i invest further. i def. have enough if it were to hit right now. this is some of the first negetive things that i have read recently. but again thanks to all. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<GO RV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(1) I have held dinar for six years. It has appreciated in value significantly. Yes it is a risk. Driving my car is a bigger risk. I paid more in annual insurance premiums for car coverage over the last six years (3 cars) than I have spent on dinar. I gamble I will have an accident based on paying premiums. My point is look what I waste on car insurance just to cya if it does happen. If I have $10K from six yrs ago and spent no more...no other potential losses just the gamble of 1,000 return based on historical support ie $3.22 RI. Plus keep in mind now there is a total shift in oil leadership in the ME. Saudi overstated proved reserves 40% (keep in mind that reserves are valued in various format) You have Proved Producing (cash/flowing), Proved Developed (shut-in/pending production/no-cashflow), Proved Reserves (undeveloped/not-drilled/non-exploratory)...these are not specific engineering terms but converted lay-person terms. Iraq's reserves not only shot up 40% by Saudis drop but their reserves were officially re-engineered. The new report declares a minimum 25% increase in their overall categories. To have a 25% overall increase they actually had too prove up 10 times more in the undeveloped category. Iraq has moved into the top potential producer in the ME. Don't forget they must bring all their productive equipment up to date (replace with new.) Then Iraq is the big dog.

(2) Finally the best article I have encountered...Marcus Curtis covering justification for RV

un-like my avatar I 'm not lying!