Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saudia Arabia's King Abdullah passed away?

dweave69

Islam Times: Saudi Arabia's 86-year-old King Abdullah was discharged from a New York City hospital in good health after going through two back operations in December 2010. The king delegated the management of the affairs of the world’s largest oil supplier to his half-brother, Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz, during his absence.

King Abdullah talked with Obama about the situation in Egypt over the phone yesterday. Obama and the King got into a heated debate about their opinions of what Hosni Mubarak should do. After the phone call sources stated that King Abdullah was furious and then suffered a sudden heart attack.

Doctors ran to his resuce but were unable to save him. He was pronounced dead, but his death was not reported due to the sensative conditions that exist in the region. The Saudi Arabian government will reject this claim; but the ball is in their court to prove that he is alive.

http://www.islamtimes.org/vdcc1sqp.2bq048y-a2.html

Go RV now.

If true, this is not going to look good for Obama. Another rookie mistake. He needs to go.

What the hell are you even thinking. What a moronic comment. Why would you even go there at this time with so many positive events happening that will affect us and the rest of our lives, and many other lives, as well. Mubarak is stepping down freeing the Egyptians of this horrible regime, which is not that different that Saddam Hussein's regime. The Saudi king may have passed, which may start another revolution to free a country's people. These activities could possibly revamp the entire ME. These are huge events for the WORLD.

And you choose you bash OUR President over communication between two heads of state. How miopic can you get.

You probably forgot to bash Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton's pantsuit. Next time........

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

No offense, and not that I'm a big Obama fan, but couldn't they have picked someone else to blame? Or why bother to cast blame at all? Drama...political agenda...need someone to blame? I mean, the man was in his 80s and probably in good health for his age, but that's the key thing...for his age. Whether it was Obama or someone else he would've passed eventually. People are not immortal. The fact is they're using this to make the U.S. look bad, once again. Furthermore, judging by the article, there's no guarantees that any of this is true. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if the king decided to go into hiding (unlikely, but possible) and the Saudis make the claim and play it off....I'm sure you get the picture. Whether he's dead or not, you cannot feasibly cast blame on anyone.

"WAH. Our king was in good health before and the big bad President of the U.S. made him mad and he died of a heart attack." I'm sorry if I sound grumpy, but that's what I gather from that article. His advisers should have known to get someone else to argue for him so he didn't upset himself and die of a heart attack.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Why don't you look at what he has done with the US and Canada? The King just came out of the hospital. Any man in his right mind would be careful not to upset the King or whom ever. This is just a humane thing to do. Not just Obama but any of us as a people. He probable caused the King's heart attack but that is just speculation but, if what has been said is true, Obama screwed UPPPPP!!!!!! Yes he has done some good but it could have been done better. He is not authoritative in his speeches and has a bad track record. Look at the unemployment which I am now a part of. I am also a disabled Vet and he can't even give us a pay raise! Congress has gotten one, he has gotten one, but screw the rest of us! He doesn't care about us, just himself. He has shown that time and time again. I am done with this, just getting to upset.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Why don't you look at what he has done with the US and Canada? The King just came out of the hospital. Any man in his right mind would be careful not to upset the King or whom ever. This is just a humane thing to do. Not just Obama but any of us as a people. He probable caused the King's heart attack but that is just speculation but, if what has been said is true, Obama screwed UPPPPP!!!!!! Yes he has done some good but it could have been done better. He is not authoritative in his speeches and has a bad track record. Look at the unemployment which I am now a part of. I am also a disabled Vet and he can't even give us a pay raise! Congress has gotten one, he has gotten one, but screw the rest of us! He doesn't care about us, just himself. He has shown that time and time again. I am done with this, just getting to upset.

please go lay down!! Obama has done some bad sh** yes, thats is true but to come out and say pretty much he is to blame ofor a death for having a heart attack is a little off based. So, i tell you again go lay back down sleepy head

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You're so DANG right! Lets face it, elections have consequenses. This is the the type of amateurish behaviour and lack of decision making to expect from a comminity organizer.

Obama still thinks he's talking to business leaders thus a lack of respect for heads of states..., regardless who they are! :angry:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I guess he will find out his credit card /debit card/cheques/cash/gold/silver/coins/diamonds/and good looks aint gonna work. WHAT Ido think is he just found out that his hearing was poor. He just met up with 72 Virginians. Shoulda checked the hearing aid batteries huh? doya think? :lol::lol::lol: I aint got no sympathy for a king that lets his people starve- ;):twothumbs::tiphat: Vern

• Upvote 1

Bulldog don't get upset and thank you for your service to our country. I am also a vet and glad to have served my country. I don't know how much you know about the Bible, "not putting your knowledge down or anything but the events that are happening in the Mediterranian area are foretold . Just as iraq will fall and rise from the ashes again. The Bible says to watch Isreal and its surrounding areas as to the events foretold. We are living in some terrible times and worst is yet to come. Rest assured God has every event in his control, good or bad.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 4

I'm not a fan of Obama but I tend to not allow myself to get wrapped up in the daily political wranglings understading that there is a game going on above all of this and the politics is just something to keep us preoccupied...

To me none of that matters...

So back on topic! The king is DEAD folks!!

What would that mean?

I remember this article...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/05/wikileaks-cables-saudi-meddling-iraq

We know its been said that Iraq has 500 billionish barrels of oil....

and when was the last time Saudi updated their oil reserves?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/02/09/saudi.arabia.wikileaks/index.html

Iraq could very well could surpass Saudi as the #1 oil producer in the world.

Do you think the king had a problem with that? How close were mubarek and the king?

But first, lets verify that the king has actually passed...

Sorry, no US bashing allowed on this one. I think the more important question here is why wasn't the King getting his surgery done in good old Saudi Arabia? He was in New York, getting the best medical care available in the world. So they can whine all about America, but it falls on deaf ears. When it comes to things that matter, like where does a BILLIONAIRE go to get surgery when they can pick anywhere in the world. The answer is America. Bash us all you want, but bottom line is that we have the best here. Which begs that other question. Why the heck would we want to change the world's greatest medical care with a government imposed health care system?? (oops.. I strayed off topic, sorry to have digressed)..

I'm thinking this may affect oil prices more than the Dinar RV, but thats just MHO...

GO RV !!!

• Upvote 3

What the hell are you even thinking. What a moronic comment. Why would you even go there at this time with so many positive events happening that will affect us and the rest of our lives, and many other lives, as well. Mubarak is stepping down freeing the Egyptians of this horrible regime, which is not that different that Saddam Hussein's regime. The Saudi king may have passed, which may start another revolution to free a country's people. These activities could possibly revamp the entire ME. These are huge events for the WORLD.

And you choose you bash OUR President over communication between two heads of state. How miopic can you get.

You probably forgot to bash Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton's pantsuit. Next time........

:blink: You do know right that Egypt is more than likely going to be ruled by the Muslim Brotherhood. Just what we need is another fanatical islamic regime in the M.E.

The Muslim Brotherhood has also spoke many times about supporting war with Israel. That sure would help stabilize the economy in Iraq as well as the whole region ..

• Upvote 1

Saudi minister says King in 'excellent health'

(AFP) – 7 hours ago

RABAT — Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah is in "excellent" health and anxious to return home from convalescing in Morocco following surgery, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said Thursday.

"He's in excellent health, he's undergoing therapy," the prince said in Morocco.

"The doctors are suggesting a certain amount of therapy and he's doing twice as much as they tell him. ...he is his usual self, assured of what he can do and ready and looking forward to going back to work and going back home."

Earlier the Saudi embassy in Morocco, where King Abdullah arrived on January 22 after surgery in the United States, strongly denied rumours that the octogenarian monarch had died.

"I can assure that the health of King Abdullah is excellent and gives no cause for any concern," a senior embassy official told AFP.

The website www.islamtimes.org said the king had died of a heart attack the previous day after a heated telephone debate with US President Barack Obama on the situation in Egypt.

The Times of London reported on Thursday that in a "testy, personal" telephone call with Obama on January 29, the king had threatened to bankroll the Egyptian regime if the United States withdrew its aid.

He also warned Washington not to humiliate veteran Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, saying he should be allowed to stay on to oversee the transition, the Times added, citing a senior source in Riyadh confirmed by two other sources.

King Abdullah had flown to New York on November 22 and was operated on two days later for a debilitating herniated disc complicated by a haematoma that put pressure on his spine.

That surgery was declared a success, as was a second operation to repair several vertebrae.

The monarch's advanced age combined with his back hernia raised concerns about the future of Saudi Arabia, which has been ruled by the Al-Saud family since 1932.

The crown prince, Abdullah's half-brother Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz who has been defence minister since 1962, is 83 and has been slowed by what is believed to be cancer.

Little seen for the past two years, Sultan flew home from Morocco on November 21 to assume control of the royal government in Abdullah's absence.

Prince Nayef, 77, is the king's half-brother and is third in line to the Saudi throne. He was appointed second deputy prime minister in March 2009.

Morocco is a favourite holiday destination for Saudi royals who own private palaces here.

Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved. More »

Related articles

Embassy: Reports that Saudi King died are 'baseless rumors'

Jerusalem Post - 6 hours ago

Oil rises on talk over health of Saudi King

Reuters Africa - 8 hours ago

Deep US-Saudi rift over Egypt: Abdullah stands by Mubarak, turns to Tehran

DEBKA file - 5 hours ago

More coverage (1) »