Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My meeting at Wells Fargo in Atlanta

talladegaman

okay this is my first ever post but it is a post that did happen and happened today!!! I had read numerous post from others about a friend of a friend of a second cousin that went to a bank and spoke to a teller about dinars and was told "oh, yeah we can take them next week and you will be glad". well, i decided to go ON MY OWN to Wells Fargo and ask MYSELF about the dinars and what they expect to happen. So here is my experience: A friend of a friend, see what i mean omg i hate that!!! I went to Wells Fargo in Atlanta GA, located downtown on Piedmont Street. I went in and asked to speak to a teller about foreign currency. The female at the counter went and got another lady named Janet and she came out from behind the counter to talk to me. I asked her about the iraqi dinar and she looked at me and smiled. She told me their bank has no knowledge of anything related to an exchange of their currency and she would no because she is the rep for all Well Fargo banks in the south region for foreign currency trade. I asked her when she believed they would begin training for this currency and she told me she wouldn't think anytime soon. I asked her about the machine used to count the money and she told me shed had heard of that type of machine but no Wells Fargo bank in the US has such a machine nor are they training to take any iraqi currency. She asked if I had bought them inline and I told her "yes" . She told me it was just like a penny stock and maybe one day it would be worth 2 pennies or maybe it would be worth 20 cents but that she wouldn't count on retiring anytime soon. I told her all about the rumors of a RV and she stated she wished me the best but that apparently other people had false hopes that arent true at this time. I was there for over 30 minutes talking to her and she seemed very honest and actually gave me her card and information if i needed to contact her again. Now, with all this said, I dont understand why people have to get on here and post such false reports of something that isnt true. I have invested in thesee dinars just like you (pumpers) and I want the best for everyone but why would you put people thru the agony of lie after lie? i relaize why now, just to sell more dinars!!!! well dont do it people, invest what you can afford to lose and no more. this may never come and 20 years from now you will wonder why you waisted your life looking for an RV that never really existed. Sorry for being so hard just honest!!!

• Upvote 23
  • Downvote 24

Greetings Fellow Newbie:

I have a niece who works for WF and I had a conversation with her last week. She is actually the manager of the branch. I talked to her about the dinar and the potential for RV. She said that she wouldn't know if WF was going to exchange it. She reminded me that WF is a very large corporation and they don't keep the branches in the loop on every matter.... especially foreign currency. Asking if the dinar was going to RV and if WF was going to exchange it is equal to asking her if WF was going to drop their interest rate for loans. Those decisions are made way above her head and she said she finds out about it when she gets noticed. In addition, I asked about the De La Rue machines. She said if they were to exchange a new currency like the dinar, they would have a process to send it to a regional branch for them to authenticate. It might take a bit of time (one week) but the rate would be locked in. Furthermore, they would have the responsibility to ensure that it gets to the regional branch and if it gets lost, they have to pay you the exchange value. Simply put, I wouldn't put a lot of value in what someone at a branch will tell you. These decisions are made way up the food chain by people none of us have access to.

It will RV for no other reason then the people of Iraq are starving and can't afford to buy anything. What did you get your kids for Christmas, or their birthday? An ipod? A camera? Do you know how many dinars it would take to buy an ipod or a camera? Even on the black market? Yet the people of Kuwait and the other Arab countries have them and use them daily. At some point the brain trust of Iraq will do the right thing for their citizens which in turn will benefit us.

• Upvote 15

Hi talladegaman, and welcome,

First I want you to know that I gave you a + to counter the - someone gave you, thus you are at zero again in the ratings. I did this primarily because you said this was your 1st post, and I felt that you at least deserved some consideration for being new at this.

Beyond that, I think you must realize that most people do not know a thing about this investment, or of what's going on in Iraq. If you were to ask anyone on the street about Iraq, I am almost certain that you will hear about the bombings and other violence. You will NOT hear about their currency.

Most bank employees have no information about the IQD, and that includes those responsible for foreign currency exchange. I speak from experience because I too have asked the person charged with currency exchange at my bank here in New Mexico a few times the same questions, and she has no clue. So, if like me you arrived here at DinarVets to learn the truth, you must at least be objective enough to know that as an investor you have taken a risk.

To a person here, we all believe that an RV will happen, and happen real soon. Nearly all of us have no special intel, contacts, or other insider information to bolster this belief. Yet, that hasn't stopped us from believing. That is the most important thing we all have in common. Aside from that, we express our belief in either courteous or rude ways, depending on how information is presented here.

I hope you continue to contribute when you have something interesting to post. I also hope you stick around, and not bale out here, because I think you have found the absolute best source for information on your dinar investment.

I assure you no one here has an accurate date and rate for the RV/RI, but that won't stop us from coming back here again and again until it happens.

Thanks!

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

posted already????? just look at my join date and you wil see it has never been posted and it is the truth. Whats the matter, did i scare away some of your needed customers, mr. pumper? Im telling you what happened and you can even call the bank in Atlanta and ask to speak to Janet. Bettter yet, take yourself down to your own bank and ask. Oh, you'd rather make people believe you know the date, time and RV rate, right? yeah, im a believer baby you really have me convinced. Tell me another story about a friend of a friend of a friend;s second cousins' sister's brother.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 29

I went to WF a week ago on other business. While taking care of my business with a teller she asked another lady a question about my transaction. I figured since my teller was asking

her a question she must be the one in the know behind the counters so I thought I'd ask her about the dinars. When I first ask her if they sold dinars she told me no and walked away. I continued

with my transaction. A few minutes later the same woman came back and told me that they can order them for me through their foreign currency exchange. This occurred at a Wells Fargo bank in

League City, Texas which is outside of Houston, Texas. I plan on taking some of my income tax return and ordering some more. I will let you know how that transaction goes.

• Upvote 1

posted already????? just look at my join date and you wil see it has never been posted and it is the truth. Whats the matter, did i scare away some of your needed customers, mr. pumper? Im telling you what happened and you can even call the bank in Atlanta and ask to speak to Janet. Bettter yet, take yourself down to your own bank and ask. Oh, you'd rather make people believe you know the date, time and RV rate, right? yeah, im a believer baby you really have me convinced. Tell me another story about a friend of a friend of a friend;s second cousins' sister's brother.

for a second i thought you were talking about me. ur clearly not!!! so check my profile and when you see any pumper info on there plzz let me know...

and like i said, a post just like this was posted already, so thanks for the modified version..

and umm.... i'm sure atlanta has more than one wells fargo so plz, b a little more specific...

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 8

for a second i thought you were talking about me. ur clearly not!!! so check my profile and when you see any pumper info on there plzz let me know...

and like i said, a post just like this was posted already, so thanks for the modified version..

and umm.... i'm sure atlanta has more than one wells fargo so plz, b a little more specific...

petty

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

thanks grkabme for you insight and your correct , recently I have had so many foul ups at wells fargo on my checking account that im still working it all out. That is on one account and its so bad that one manager rolled her eyes at what another manager did at a different branch. The other manager didn't know what to do to protect my account after it was compromised and sure enough it cost me money. If they don't know everything about protecting one account the odds of branch managers of banks knowing the direction of a major currency reval is slim and none and slim left town. In a previous post I related about speaking to my former banker and good friend and vp of his bank about the dinar and he didn't know anything about when or how or even if it would reval , he did say that he thought it was a good investment but beyond that how could he possibly know what a foreign country was going to do with their currency.Personally I don't believe the reval will happen for a while because while Iraq has the resources to cover a reval those sources are not available IE the oil is still in the ground so until they get it out of the ground it has no real intrinsic value, Having said that i want every one to know I'm not bashing anyone posting on here, Im just trying to get the wheels moving and maybe have you think before wasting your time (why waste yours when others have already done the same ,just learn from them) doing leg work that you could use for some other constructive reason..................just sayin .................... thanks for your post talladega man

• Upvote 2

I asked her about the machine used to count the money and she told me shed had heard of that type of machine but no Wells Fargo bank in the US has such a machine nor are they training to take any iraqi currency.

End Quote

Hard to believe what she states.. Infact I don't.

I don't understand. You own IQD but went into Wells Fargo to put to rest something that has already been beaten to death at DV. What's the point.? WE ALREADY KNOW THIS!!!!! Not bashing but I am having a hard time wondering why you wasted your time.

And by the way, I to live in the Atlanta area and have been buying IQD for a year now!

• Upvote 3

Why is it a waste of time? The guy went to hear it for himself. Obviously he left dejected, which is what I am becoming. I am starting to find this too good to be true and I have only been invested for 4 months. I will hold onto my dinar because deep inside, I want this to happen. I need this to happen.

• Upvote 4

Regional branch of BOA, Providence Rhode Island gave me a straight foward answer. Didn't talk to her face to face, just blasted them a email.

Good Luck to us all !!!

The rumors about Iraqi Dinar revaluation have been circulating for years.

If or when Iraqi currency revaluates, Bank of America will evaluate the appropriateness of offering exchange services in this currency, as do we with every other currency.

Sincerely,

Bank of America Foreign Currency

• Upvote 4

Easy tiger. I hope it does RV soon so maybe you would be motivated enough to take a class on writing, spelling, and sentence structure. That way, you would come across as being a bit more credible. Just sayin'

• Upvote 1

If you've done your research and feel comfortable with your investment, why are people going to "local branches" of a bank and asking about an RV?

Not all branches of a bank will exchange foreign currency. Those that don't , know NOTHING about it.

When i 1st got into this, i found a few banks/credit unions in my area that exchange foreign currency and let it rest.

No one in any bank can/will tell you when the IQD will RV!

Most of these bank rumors/inquiries are embarassing to the people that have done their homework and are comfortable in this investment.

Nothing will happen until the IQD becomes a tradeable/recognized currency. Have a plan and.........

Let it go!

Semper Fi

Edited by bobby_cahill
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

OMFG can people stop bothering the bank they dont know Sh**. Even if they did they wouldn't tell you let this happen sheesh on its own time I repeat many banks dont even ant to deal with it or know anything about it. Its a speculative risky investment. Yes, but IMHO betterthan playing the lotto or stock market. We know the potential, of Iraq and what it has to offer to the world. Now, with this said we have seen some articles stating they plan onto raise the dinar against the U.S dollar well this can only mean one thing INCREASE THE EXCHANGE RATE sometime. No one knows when but is surely to happen in the future stop bothering banks they dont know anything.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Hi talladegaman, and welcome,

First I want you to know that I gave you a + to counter the - someone gave you, thus you are at zero again in the ratings. I did this primarily because you said this was your 1st post, and I felt that you at least deserved some consideration for being new at this.

Beyond that, I think you must realize that most people do not know a thing about this investment, or of what's going on in Iraq. If you were to ask anyone on the street about Iraq, I am almost certain that you will hear about the bombings and other violence. You will NOT hear about their currency.

Most bank employees have no information about the IQD, and that includes those responsible for foreign currency exchange. I speak from experience because I too have asked the person charged with currency exchange at my bank here in New Mexico a few times the same questions, and she has no clue. So, if like me you arrived here at DinarVets to learn the truth, you must at least be objective enough to know that as an investor you have taken a risk.

To a person here, we all believe that an RV will happen, and happen real soon. Nearly all of us have no special intel, contacts, or other insider information to bolster this belief. Yet, that hasn't stopped us from believing. That is the most important thing we all have in common. Aside from that, we express our belief in either courteous or rude ways, depending on how information is presented here.

I wish we could have new members be required to read this and sign off on it before they could make their first post - well said!

I understand that people come here to learn, that's why most all of us landed here, but I do NOT get invited into someone else's home and immediately start to rearrange their furniture. To accuse one of our members of being a pumper in their first thread is out of line.

I hope you continue to contribute when you have something interesting to post. I also hope you stick around, and not bale out here, because I think you have found the absolute best source for information on your dinar investment.

I assure you no one here has an accurate date and rate for the RV/RI, but that won't stop us from coming back here again and again until it happens.

Thanks!

Given that this whole RV thing is PURE SPECULATION, you could say nobody KNOWS a thing about IQD "investment". This is compounded by the many things that are held up as facts on these forums which are actually based on extremely UNEDUCATED guesses.

I think this was a great post, this is a rumors section, I come here when I feel my worse or at my whits end. I have the same experience here in atlanta, I bank with 5/3rd n buckhead, so I feel his pain my friends, he jus said what I been wanting to say for a year now, BUT I come to this section and enjoy reading your responses, so cool, gives a new sense of hope.

The bottom line is we don't know anything really, except that, it should happen one day!!

So we come here everyday juus in case, cuz chances are one day we will wake up instantly wealthy, well good luck yall from GA

I thank you all for showing me a real faith!!

A friend of my mother who happens to be a corp. employee with Bank of America is the one that got me interested in the Dinar. She happens to hold quite a bit too so I'm pretty sure I can trust this is NOT a scam or a get rich slow scheme. This is my first time ever investing in any type of currency so it might not be that comforting coming from a newbie but she's helped my mom make quite a bit of money in the past so I'm keeping positive on this one. :D

God Bless and GO RV!!!!!