Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it OK if I have circulated dinars in possession?

LettheRVbegin

It is no different than having circulated US dollars....... cash is cash, and it all spends the same. In fact, with circulated currency there is little if any risk it is not legit. Don't worry a bit about it!

There is cause for concern, but not panic. A lot of currency in circulation in Iraq has been found to be counterfeit. The easy way to check it is to shine a black light under it and see if the center glows. If it glows chances are it is good. Obviously the best way is to have it verified by a DE LA RUE machine at a major bank. Also if you have a lot of circulated currency you may be challenged by who ever is cashing you out as to how you came to own this currency. This has turned into an Ebay nightmare for many. Money sometimes is not money...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is cause for concern, but not panic. A lot of currency in circulation in Iraq has been found to be counterfeit. The easy way to check it is to shine a black light under it and see if the center glows. If it glows chances are it is good. Obviously the best way is to have it verified by a DE LA RUE machine at a major bank. Also if you have a lot of circulated currency you may be challenged by who ever is cashing you out as to how you came to own this currency. This has turned into an Ebay nightmare for many. Money sometimes is not money...

don't know why you got red rocked for this one but it is true I have read a lot on the circulated dinar because a buddy was going to sell me some. Oh well, some people just live to red rock I will + you back up (not like a mod needs it LOL)biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I ordered my first dinars from USA Currency, and was sent used notes, but their website shows that they are approved by the US Treasury. The last million I received from Dinar Trade, and they were completely brand new, and came in a nice little holder with a letter of authenticity. I am not concerned at this point, although one of them even has clear type on it where it was taped to keep it together. I emailed USA Currency, and never heard from them, but I think that since it was used (often) that it must have value, and is authentic. Anyway, just my experience. Thanks GO RV!!

The only instance where unused bank notes are preferred is in the matter of collecting, not exchanging.

If you are going to use bank notes as a mediudm of exchange, as money, and that is what our investment dinar are, then as long as they are intact enough to be verified as genuine they are just fine. Only if you are using bank notes as a collector's item do you want to find the newest, prefererably uncirculated notes. Best condition gets best price. It is like stamps, or coins, or even sports cards. The condition only matters in collectors' circles.

In fact, usually buying used banknotes is cheaper than buying uncirculated notes. My first orders were all for uncirculated. Then I spoke with the dealer and found out I didn't need to be that picky and ordered more that are circulated but look to be barely used. I saved a significant amount of money that way.

Good luck with your dinar

smee2

Hi,

I have both uncirculated and circulated dinar bank notes. Will it make a difference that I have circulated notes when RV happens?

Will they still exchange the notes?

Nope sorry the bank will only take uncirculated notes, they are trained to catch this!!! Here's your SIGN

SInce yours are most likely worthless, I will buy them from you for $500 per million dinar that way you won't lose out on everything ok?

• Upvote 1

Nope sorry the bank will only take uncirculated notes, they are trained to catch this!!! Here's your SIGN

SInce yours are most likely worthless, I will buy them from you for $500 per million dinar that way you won't lose out on everything ok?

Now THAT is funny, and clever!

smee2