Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Chat February 8th 0850

Riley

Wow, I'm impressed by all of the positive feedback! Apparently when you get rid of the most negative people it allows the positive people to resurface... I'm glad the banhammer was swung lately.

It's nice to see this site getting back to it's roots!

I didn't say this was the only thing stopping the RV. I'm just stating that it DOES make a difference.

Comparing Iran to Egypt doesn't make sense. Iran isn't full of people threatening to tear down the walls of the palace - there's a bit of a difference. We have problems in Iran, there is a CRISIS in Egypt. Big difference, actually :twocents:

As soon as the CRISIS in Egypt is downgraded to a PROBLEM, we should have room to see some movement. That movement will likely start with some Chapter 7, HCL, or government news - and then BANG! RV Time :partyhat:

I still feel we are very close and I'm optimistic. That pretty much sums it up. :)

I disagree again! I feel that Iran could do much more damage to RV. Egypt can try to cut off oil exports but I don't think China or the US would stand for this. Iran threatening nuclear war cannot be stopped. Nukes in the mid east concern me more than Egypt TRYING to cut off the Suez canal.

As for this post the only thing I can agree on is that if the RV depends on total stability in the region that the RV won't happen. But I want to bring up one thing about the region there, Kuwait did their RV/RI before Iraq stability was there and their, stability still is not totally there as of yet but is showing improvement every day.

Know on to the disrespect from someone that made a bone head move of posting what he was thinking that was uncalled for and should be his last post aloud on this site we have to many people here that think they can post any thing that is bashing someone for what they said just because they didn't agree with what was said. And that is not write to bash any one for just stating their opinion or passing on something they heard that they thought should be posted. I know I have been bashed multiple times and they just get carried away with it.

Hurricane, It is the nature of the beast. We are all very tired and trying to keep our wits. I for one dislike ignorant posts that are done with out research or forethought. But humility is called for even from me. I really have slowly thought more about the poor people in that region than my riches. Ohhh dont get me wrong I want to make a killing on this but I want the people there to find peace. I have electricity and TV and hot water and food. They have been suffering for a very long time.

I pray for all of them. I really do. Maybe after this does RV some of us can help them out in some way.

PEACE to all of those who dont post BS and lets all join hands and sing kum biyah LOL too funny.

BE WELL ALL

My respect for Adam Montana has always been on the high side, but this one line from the post elevates it exponentially ...

" ...everyone adapts to new life, and the world keeps turning "

Honest-to-goodness common sense. A rarity. A pleasure to read. A comfort to know it is part of the make up of the man who established this site, for all of us, helping us to adapt, and keep our world turning.

Thank you sir and thanks to Riley for posting the chat.

It is the only chat I really do come to read with an open mind and hope of gaining some actual knowledge.

Again, thanks ...

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

I disagree again! I feel that Iran could do much more damage to RV. Egypt can try to cut off oil exports but I don't think China or the US would stand for this. Iran threatening nuclear war cannot be stopped. Nukes in the mid east concern me more than Egypt TRYING to cut off the Suez canal.

You are confusing present with future.

I said in my opinion Egypt IS presenting more of an obstacle/hindrance/worry to the RV. You're saying Iran COULD be more of a problem.

See the difference? You're using an apple to disagree with my orange - therefore your argument is invalid.

Again, I need to state that I don't think this will STOP the RV, I'm just saying it does have a bearing on the timing.

Here, I'll put it another way.

If Iraq is unable to transport 8% of it's goods, then it can't pay 8% of it's debt, and the RV is 8% (+/-) less likely to happen now.

On the same token, when Egypt settles down the RV is 8% (+/-) more likely to happen.

If any of you are sports bettors, you will understand how a key player can affect the odds of a bet. We are all betting on "Team Iraq", and Oil (and the ability of Iraq to export it) is a key player on our favorite team's roster!

If you can't understand how losing a key player can affect your overall performance, and you can't understand how the entire world plays a part in this RV... you're not giving this a lot of thought.

Not bashing anyone, I'm just trying to explain that Iraq is not an island.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 5