Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wells Fargo Bank Teller Conversation

wbuse984

Where do you live in Minnesota? I live in Minnesota too!!!

Weirdly enough, even bank with W. Fargo.

But, I would assume from my area, if I asked bank tellers about Dinar, they would give me a confused & puzzled face.

I was speaking with a Merril Lynch associate last night.. Never got to talk about the Dinar, but we were talking about investments with Gold/Silver etc. etc.

He was saying that he didn't believe Gold was a good investment at this time. He said he was biased because he just sold off his gold. He also says he does not wish to see it rise either, because that means Crude Oil will rise as well.

He did start to go into what type of Gold is worthy of investing.. But he kind of lost me at this point. He switched the conversation over to talking about the Bakkan Oil fields in N. Dakota and how some companies have had some huge increases in stock.

Dang, wish I knew what companies he was referring too.

Weirdly enough, I recall remember reading about how the Bakkans was first found and how it would maybe be a good idea to invest in the companies that were going to work those areas. Too bad at the time I was probably 20 or so and had no money to invest. :(

While at Wells Fargo today was chit-chatting with the teller. She asked what I did for a living, and I told her I was an independent consultant. So, just for a lark I thought I would make an innocuous comment regarding having an investment in some foreign currency. She actually says, do you have some of that Iraqi Dinar? So I said that I have a few million. So she goes, well we have had been some meetings where that was discussed, and it will be worth something soon and anyone with some would get a great return.

For the record, this is a real conversation, and I have NEVER posted a rumor before, and a little hesitant, but I am open to the following options:

#1 - She was telling the truth

#2 - She was shining me on

#3 - She was a pumper (but did not try to sell me Dinar)

#4 - She was a GET plant

#5 - She was an OKIE plant

A little levity there, but the conversation did happen and stunned me a little, mainly because I thought the bank rumors were bogus or pumpers. I am not a pumper, nor a guru, just a regular guy...so take for whats is worth, remember my first rumor ever posted so be "gentle" with me...

You're probably on to something. This thing IS going to happen. It's just a matter of WHEN. It only makes sense that people are talking. I had to resist the urge to talk to my personal banker about it today. I was about to, but someone poked their head in the office. I figured it was a sign, so I left.

Anyway....GO RV...sometime within the next few days PLEASE! :D:D:D

• Upvote 4

I am a new member as of today. I got on because I wanted to tell you what B of A told me today. After dealing with the merchant account teller for a while I was directed to the Asst. Branch Manager. After a 5 minute conversation he decided to get his Memo from Feb. 1 because I told him I was going to tell some people and that I wanted accurate information. His memo from Feb. 1 was in his hands and he read this, "Bank of America HAS NO PLANS to buy or sell Iraqi Dinar Banknotes". Later in the memo it said, "WE REINTERATE...B of A has no plans to buy or sell Iraqi Dinar Banknotes. I then called our Federal Credit Union and the teller called Southwest Corp (they do currency exchange for them). She called me back and said Southwest Bank Corp. says that Iraqi law states that Dinar cannot be exchanged outside the country of Iraq. I quoted exec. order #13303 and General order 39 and all that. Finally, I called Wells Fargo and was told as of right now they are neither buying or selling Iraqi Dinar. So, I guess I have two questions. What does this mean? And, two...how and why is it that so many contrary things have been stated that directly oppose what I was told today. Would somebody like to enlighten us?

While at Wells Fargo today was chit-chatting with the teller. She asked what I did for a living, and I told her I was an independent consultant. So, just for a lark I thought I would make an innocuous comment regarding having an investment in some foreign currency. She actually says, do you have some of that Iraqi Dinar? So I said that I have a few million. So she goes, well we have had been some meetings where that was discussed, and it will be worth something soon and anyone with some would get a great return.

For the record, this is a real conversation, and I have NEVER posted a rumor before, and a little hesitant, but I am open to the following options:

#1 - She was telling the truth

#2 - She was shining me on

#3 - She was a pumper (but did not try to sell me Dinar)

#4 - She was a GET plant

#5 - She was an OKIE plant

A little levity there, but the conversation did happen and stunned me a little, mainly because I thought the bank rumors were bogus or pumpers. I am not a pumper, nor a guru, just a regular guy...so take for whats is worth, remember my first rumor ever posted so be "gentle" with me...

I am a new member as of today. I got on because I wanted to tell you what B of A told me today. After dealing with the merchant account teller for a while I was directed to the Asst. Branch Manager. After a 5 minute conversation he decided to get his Memo from Feb. 1 because I told him I was going to tell some people and that I wanted accurate information. His memo from Feb. 1 was in his hands and he read this, "Bank of America HAS NO PLANS to buy or sell Iraqi Dinar Banknotes". Later in the memo it said, "WE REINTERATE...B of A has no plans to buy or sell Iraqi Dinar Banknotes. I then called our Federal Credit Union and the teller called Southwest Corp (they do currency exchange for them). She called me back and said Southwest Bank Corp. says that Iraqi law states that Dinar cannot be exchanged outside the country of Iraq. I quoted exec. order #13303 and General order 39 and all that. Finally, I called Wells Fargo and was told as of right now they are neither buying or selling Iraqi Dinar. So, I guess I have two questions. What does this mean? And, two...how and why is it that so many contrary things have been stated that directly oppose what I was told today. Would somebody like to enlighten us?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not everyone knows, or for reasons unknown, they do not believe the the Iraqi Dinar will revalue. Clearly, american citizens have the right to possess Iraqi Dinar per EO13303 and Article 39 of the Iraqi Constitution, so it being illegal to have outside the country is not true IMHO.

Some conjecture, and I tend to agree, that a lot of disinformation will come out before the currency RV's. Not really sure, just going on information I read and hear, and using my gut feeling on things...

I always love it when someone says it's illegal to own dinar. That would be like saying its illegal to own Canadian currency or the peso or any other currency. What country would make it illegal to own their currency. Now don't anybody get me wrong I'M NOT BASHING the posters i'm simply making a common sense statement. I made a comment on another thread recently and offended the person but the gist of it was that while someone may have a headsup more than likely a teller probably isn't going to be given a lot of info about something that might be as big and have such an effect as a currency doing a major reval. Or the info they are given has been passed around so much , you know tell a secret and by the time it gets to a hundred other people its not even what the original secret was. I really really hope she is correct so that I have to eat my words in which case I would go to her face to face and apologize. Your post didn't come across as pumping , on the contrary it just seemed to state the facts as you heard them. Good post B)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your post wbuse. No bashing here, in fact this post is refreshing for a number of reasons. Also, I have to say it's nice seeing multiple posts in a thread by members who joined more than a couple months ago. Stay in touch with your teller and tell her there's 25,000 dinar in it for her if she can get you any more insight. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

Where do you live in Minnesota? I live in Minnesota too!!!

Weirdly enough, even bank with W. Fargo.

But, I would assume from my area, if I asked bank tellers about Dinar, they would give me a confused & puzzled face.

I was speaking with a Merril Lynch associate last night.. Never got to talk about the Dinar, but we were talking about investments with Gold/Silver etc. etc.

He was saying that he didn't believe Gold was a good investment at this time. He said he was biased because he just sold off his gold. He also says he does not wish to see it rise either, because that means Crude Oil will rise as well.

He did start to go into what type of Gold is worthy of investing.. But he kind of lost me at this point. He switched the conversation over to talking about the Bakkan Oil fields in N. Dakota and how some companies have had some huge increases in stock.

Dang, wish I knew what companies he was referring too.

Weirdly enough, I recall remember reading about how the Bakkans was first found and how it would maybe be a good idea to invest in the companies that were going to work those areas. Too bad at the time I was probably 20 or so and had no money to invest. sad.gif

Some of the companies drilling in the Bakkan Shale in N Dakota:

These are some of the larger companies drilling the the Bakken. You will find a link here, and maps, lots of info http://oilshalegas.com/bakkenshale.html

Continental Resources (CLR) - The largest leaseholder in the Bakken Formation.

Conoco Phillips (COP)

EOG Resources (EOG)

Marathon Oil Company (MRO)

Northern Oil & Gas (NOG)

Denbury Resources (DNR)

Encore Acquisition (EAC)

SM Energy (SM)

Private placements get you the best tax deductibility, as the ITC (Intangible drilling cost is 100% deductible) the remainder is capitized as equipment. If you just own the stocks, you do not get any tax benefit, save for losses, which are limited to $3000 per year. A typical private placement unit share is around 100K, but some companies allow you to get smaller positions. These are for "accredited" investors, a fella with a net worth of 1.2 million or more, or income over $200k for the last 2 years. Once the RV hits, that should be you, if you have at least 1 million Dinar. (Hopefully)

Hope that helps!

There are two different issues here. It may be legal to own the currency but do not have the right to exchange it.

Banks can make there own decision on what to handle. Only a few weeks ago I was at an exchange desk in Pattaya and they refused to exchange roubles.

Pressure from the authorities or even a corporate decision may make exchange unavailable or restricted.

Throughout history the 'Haves' have always tried to keep the 'Have nots' down, why should it be any different.

I have always thought there could be a sting in the tail and do not expect the cash-in to be plain sailing.