Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2nd Reading Tomorrow, NOT NEXT SUNDAY!!!

rdb

Everybody is posting stuff and getting upset, yall need to just chill... These people are actually trying to get this done right so quit bashing & complaining!

Them postponing it was a "proposal" from the president.

The second reading should be tomorrow - tuesday!

And if it's not then just wait, pray, and keep going to work.

Patience and time will eventually give us all the great reward.

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Announced that the Finance Committee in the Iraqi parliament, on Monday, that the second reading of the draft federal budget law for the current year 2011 will be in session on Tuesday, indicating that the parliamentary vote to postpone the reading of next Sunday was the proposal of the Parliament, as revealed from the addition of the allocation of 15% of the people Iraqi amendments to the law.

Here is a LINK read more...

• Upvote 8

Curiouser and Curiouser ... Alice said.

I know I have read recently, that is in the past few days, in more than one post, that the budget is done ... read three times, done deal, being sent to Gazette (parliamentary report and archive instrument, not a regular newspaper) for printing,

Now this?

I am lost

smee2

• Upvote 2

I know I have read recently, that is in the past few days, in more than one post, that the budget is done ... read three times, done deal, being sent to Gazette (parliamentary report and archive instrument, not a regular newspaper) for printing,

Now this?

I am lost

smee2

I was having doubts upon the approval of the budget when it had mention of still needing ratification. The pressure is on, and I am sure many Minsteries are sick of the budget and want to get it over with. This is a budget for 2011, and we are approaching the mid-month of February.

Progression.. You can only drag your feet for so long or so slow, but you'll always be progressing.

They are likely going to feel pressured to read/pass the budget because in delaying the approval could be hurting their Govt.

And... I don't think that once the budget is approved, passed, and published in the Gazette, we'll see a RV. I just think it is a stepping stone.... Things may progress much faster after the issue(s) of the budget are removed. Than they can focus on the next important matters that'll expedite the process...

Interpretation of "one" word really makes a difference. A lot of people(myself included) thought budget "approved" meant done.... :( We all want this "done" so we thought it meant that. If the budget hasn't been "ratified" then I guess we WAIT some more. At least we know there is progress.

I agree with you smee. It seems we keep getting bogus information, probably to get us to buy more dinar.

this is exactly what they are doing... but its up to yall to buy more or not.... thats why i recommend buying from banks

Edited by rdb
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What is another few more days!!! I wanted it done yesterday day, but it's not about me, it's about Iraq coming alive and moving forward with their lives afters years of dictatorship and war. Be glad for them and give them all the time they need to better themselves.

GOOD Point, I too want the people of Iraq to have as much wealth and prosperity possible, The RV will be the ONLY way that will happen IMO. :rolleyes:

I heard that as of this morning the budget has been read a third time and is final. and that make me feel good to know but why are we still seeing it needs to be read a second time they did that and made change that the Kurds wanted so I sa it has to be finnished or they are ready to do third reading.

Are you in Iraq right now? is that why you are saying this, could you be one who is trying to be a downer for they rest of us please tell your not that.

Parliament postponed the second reading of the budget bill to the next Sunday

GMT Monday, 2007 شباط 2011 09:10 GMT

NewsDetails

Iraqi Council of Representatives (Archive)

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Voice of the Iraqi parliament on Monday to postpone the second reading of the draft federal budget law for the current year to the next meeting next Sunday, for the non-arrival of law after the amendments by the government, while the source confirmed that the Council added to today's meeting to discuss the ration card and the high grain prices.". A source in the Information Service of the Council of Representatives in an interview with "Alsumaria News", "The House of Representatives voted unanimously at its 30, which was held this morning, chaired by President of parliament, Osama Najafi and the presence of 260 deputies to postpone the second reading of the draft federal budget law for the current year 2011, to the next meeting to be held next Sunday the 13 of February now, "attributing the cause" to the non-arrival of the budget law of prime minister after making adjustments to it. "

The source, who requested anonymity, that "the Presidency of the parliament added another paragraph to the agenda of today's meeting includes discussion of the ration card and the high grain prices."

The Council of Representatives of Iraq, this morning, its the 30, headed by Speaker Osama Najafi and the presence of 260 deputies, to present the draft law the Supreme Judicial Council by the Legal Committee for first reading and second reading of the draft federal budget law for 2011 after the addition of amendments.

The Cabinet decided at its regular meeting held on 26 of the last month, to approve the allocation of $ 900 million to buy aircraft, F 16, under the amendments contained in the draft budget bill for 2011, also agreed to amend the price of a barrel of oil to 76.5 dollars, and by two million and two hundred thousand barrels per day.

The Cabinet approved, on Sunday, the general budget for 2011 modified after an increase of three billion dollars to be worth 81.9 billion dollars with a deficit of 13.3 billion dollars will be covered by the amounts retained from the previous year's budget and borrow internally and externally, noting that the total revenue estimator, 68, $ 6 billion while operating expenses, ie salaries and wages in particular, by $ 56.4 billion, while the capital expenditures $ 25.4 billion, also pointed out that the calculation of income resulting from export of crude oil at a rate of 76.5 dollars per barrel at a rate of 2.0002 million barrels per day, including 100 thousand barrels of the Kurdistan region.

And got "Alsumaria News" middle of last month, the amended version of the draft General Budget Law of the Federal Republic of Iraq for the Financial Year 2011, as amended, after the addition of the final cost of speculative to host the Arab summit conference in Baghdad.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...9H7Eb3J6n7nJEg

I was having doubts upon the approval of the budget when it had mention of still needing ratification. The pressure is on, and I am sure many Minsteries are sick of the budget and want to get it over with. This is a budget for 2011, and we are approaching the mid-month of February.

Progression.. You can only drag your feet for so long or so slow, but you'll always be progressing.

They are likely going to feel pressured to read/pass the budget because in delaying the approval could be hurting their Govt.

And... I don't think that once the budget is approved, passed, and published in the Gazette, we'll see a RV. I just think it is a stepping stone.... Things may progress much faster after the issue(s) of the budget are removed. Than they can focus on the next important matters that'll expedite the process...

I totally agree ( not that it matters LOL), but I do believe that the RV is not "hidden" into this budget - as gurus say.

I actually believe that CBI will decide when and how, and the budget will just be recalculated with the new rate. IF they will do the RV this year ( this year's budget).

I also agree that it is one of the things that need to be done so they can go ahead with their projects. When the economy starts moving ( based on this budget), that's when we should be looking for an RV.

Also, another priority is the security ministers. I would see them going ahead if there was no Culture Minister, or whatever other minister, but I really can't see them doing anything before they have the heads for security/defense. It would be a total chaos. With a RV at the level WE speculate we would see people being robbed, killed, etc. - their salaries/savings/cash will be worth 1000 times more. Not talking about terrorists...probably CBI would be the first target on their list in the case of a RV....JMO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This has really been like having the National Enquirer as your only newspaper. they just can't get it straight. First it was pushed to Sunday, then it is tomorrow and I just read another post that it was done today.

We were warned that intel was gonna be spinning out of control and coming at us from all directions just before this thing is completed. However, I kinda feel like it's been that way all along. Oh well, either way, we continue to head in the right direction!

GO IRAQ!!!

• Upvote 1

This has really been like having the National Enquirer as your only newspaper. they just can't get it straight. First it was pushed to Sunday, then it is tomorrow and I just read another post that it was done today.

We were warned that intel was gonna be spinning out of control and coming at us from all directions just before this thing is completed. However, I kinda feel like it's been that way all along. Oh well, either way, we continue to head in the right direction!

GO IRAQ!!!

It seems the media is fooling us. Bad translation? Maybe... Smoke & mirrors? Maybe... Keep speculators guessing, while the real truth will be found out later? Maybe..

I thought it was a done-deal yesterday.

Now I hear that it is a done-deal today.

I also heard that they're doing the 2nd reading today.

I also heard that the 2nd reading is tomorrow.

I also heard that the 2nd reading is not until Sunday.

*Whew* - I sometimes wonder why I even follow the media. That's not a contradiction no more.. That's a media MESS!!!

Let's hope the Media mess is for better reason(s)

Now this?

I am lost

smee2

In Iraq........everything is........until it isn't.