Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament voted unanimously to provide the ration card items (complete)

VIZIOIRAQI

Parliament voted unanimously to provide the ration card items (complete)

Palms - The MP said the Iraqi List, Aziz Mayahi said the House of Representatives unanimously approved the provision of the ration card items fully to the citizens.

He Mayahi through a press statement today that the parliament discussed the issue of shortage of flour from the ration card items and obtained a consensus to provide a full ration card items.

He Mayahi that the parliament decided to form committees investigative to look into the past decades and foot-dragging in providing food for the citizens and increase financial allocations for the ration card according to a study realistic provided by the Ministry of Commerce at the request of Parliament expected to host the parliament and Minister of Commerce Agency on Tuesday.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.nakhelnews.com/pages/news.php%3Fnid%3D5632&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the post VIZIOIRAQI,

Found this earlier:

Trade Minister to address ration card cuts in parliament

Monday, February 7th 2011 6:20 PM

Baghdad, Feb. 7 (AKnews) – A deputy from the Wasat Movement said on Monday that Trade Minister Rozh Nuri Shaways has been summoned to parliament to discuss the government’s controversial food subsidizing ration card cuts, central to many of the public protests arising in Iraqi cities in recent days.

Mohammad Iqbal told AKnews that Parliament Speaker Osama Nujaifi cut short discussions about the ration card during the 30th parliamentary session today at the request of a number of deputies who called for the Trade Minister to be present during the talks, “so that the discussions would be effective and have useful results,” Nujaifi said.

Last year the Trade Ministry announced cuts to the ration card system that provides economically challenged Iraqi families with cut price staple food items. The cuts effectively reduced the scope of the subsidies to include just four items; flour, sugar, cooking oil and rice, and limited eligibility by excluding state employees earning over $1,250 per month.

The Planning Ministry announced at the same time that the continued distribution of the ration cards was one of the most prominent obstacles to economic development in the country.

The ration card system was adopted in Iraq after the UN Security Council imposed economic sanctions on Iraq following the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

In the 2010 federal budget, close to $2.9 billion was allocated to the ration card scheme which had cost the country more than $3.1 billion in 2009.

The system has faced increasing criticism in a number of Iraqi provinces where distribution of the items covered by the scheme is often delayed or incomplete and in some parts of the country, the scheme has stopped functioning altogether.

Protests breaking out across Iraq in recent weeks have focused on poor public services, rising unemployment and cuts to the ration card system, all contributing to an overall slump in living standards for many Iraqi citizens.

Reported by Kholoud al-Ziyadi

Sa/Ka/AKnews

http://aknews.com/en/aknews/2/216444

• Upvote 1

Good post, Good reply post.

The people of Iraq are stuggling to survive and thele "leaders" cannot get their act together long enough to make a difference.

They have, however, recently awarded each person (family?) the bounty of 15000 dinar, apparently per month. Equivalent thirteen dollars, approximately. If that were per person it would make a rather significant dint in the average Iraqi household budget for food and water. If it is just per family, or head of family sort of thing, it won't make much of a difference in the long run but considering what they have now to "budget" for their pantry I think it is at least worthwhile. Now, if it can be counted on to be there each and every month for each and every recipient ... that is another matter altogether. To use a familar phrase, this is Iraq.

smee2

Good post, Good reply post.

The people of Iraq are stuggling to survive and thele "leaders" cannot get their act together long enough to make a difference.

They have, however, recently awarded each person (family?) the bounty of 15000 dinar, apparently per month. Equivalent thirteen dollars, approximately. If that were per person it would make a rather significant dint in the average Iraqi household budget for food and water. If it is just per family, or head of family sort of thing, it won't make much of a difference in the long run but considering what they have now to "budget" for their pantry I think it is at least worthwhile. Now, if it can be counted on to be there each and every month for each and every recipient ... that is another matter altogether. To use a familar phrase, this is Iraq.

smee2

Now if they only RV'd......life would be much better for everyone! I hope this was in their thinking when they decided to do this. GO RV

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to think that they are trying to do everything they can to NOT have to RV the Dinar! I believe in being positive, but common people! With what all that is facing them you would think they would do the one thing that would solve MANY problems at once! :unsure:

I hate to say it, but maybe they are just trying to be too much like our government! They see a need so they must form a commitee that will do a study, and then present their findings to another commitee, who will do a biased poll of people that will reflect their own views and policy's. There by not really meeting the need but now being able to say that the government is working on the issue. So by the time the government actually does something that issue is long been replaced by another more pressing issue! :blink:

Are we seeing a pattern here?

It almost makes you think that there really is an issue with them making a choice that will benifit us infidels! (which really sounds stupid to me!) But is the only thing that is starting to make any since anymore. :unsure:

But I do trust in a higher power so until the perfect time comes I will still be here! :D:D

• Upvote 2

if it is 15000 dinar per month then it is probably a bad signal for an RV. if it rvs at .01 that would cost the govt approx. 4.5 billion per year, if it rvs at a dime it would cost the govt 45 billion per year. i think it unlikely that they (govt) would be foolish enough to do this is they were going to rv their currency anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

if it is 15000 dinar per month then it is probably a bad signal for an RV. if it rvs at .01 that would cost the govt approx. 4.5 billion per year, if it rvs at a dime it would cost the govt 45 billion per year. i think it unlikely that they (govt) would be foolish enough to do this is they were going to rv their currency anytime soon.

How I understand it it will only be $45 per person a month if it went at $3 to 1 Dinar...That does not sound like to much of a stretch if you ask me.

How I understand it it will only be $45 per person a month if it went at $3 to 1 Dinar...That does not sound like to much of a stretch if you ask me.

If it goes to 3.00 then that 15,000 dinar would be worth $45,000, just isn't going to happen. even at a penny it is a stretch.