Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RE: 14 dinar/$5.21 Rate Slip....

I see that it is now accepted that the "14 dinars" threads are now debunked. I'm not saying that it's fact or fiction. I am saying that it hasn't been proven OR debunked either. Below are some of the lame comments that are considered "proof" that it's been debunked.

It's becoming more and more disappointing that members who can find just one reason why something might not be true, and do it rudely, succeed in discouraging others from posting what they may feel be important, or just curious observations.

Keepmwlknfunny: Common sense would have told you that once you saw the redonkulous rate it was a simple mistake.....a rate that high would/will NEVER happen........especially with the amount they have in circulation......its just not possible....

--Thanks for the opinion, but the point is that it hasn't been debunked.

jola: "The Iraqi Finance Ministry has already announced that it worked out the budget for next year at $86.4 billion, which is more by $14 billion than the current budget." Math works, case closed.

--Thanks for the opinion, but the article said "14 dinars" next to the $73 billion referring to the price of a barrel of oil used in setting the original budget. It didn't say "per cent". Just because you found the number 14 somewhere else doesn't necessarily mean it applies to this. Math doesn't work, case still open.

mythunter: Oil prices are posted in USD. OPEC sells barrels of oil on the open market in USD. I have seen that article with the 14 IQD but thought there must be something wrong. Why would they state 14IQD and then post $73. Doesn't make sense. We will not see a rate of $5.21 when this RVs. Sorry.

--Thanks for the opinion, but the "14 dinars" was posted next to the USD number just like it often is to show the same amount in Iraqi currency. The article was translated from Arabic, only natural to show local, comparable rate like that. We've all seen it a thousand times this way. Sorry.

I am not saying it's the "end all-this has-to-be-the-rate" . The point is, all of the burden up until now has been on the poster to PROVE what info they have or to provide a named, verifiable SOURCE, when that's just not possible all of the time. We gather here to share our info/intel, and all info/intel is not created equally. The whole issue above is just a noted curiosity, that's all.

But, because some can't wrap their tiny minds around the possibility that the rate's that high, or just can't accept that someone has noted an odd occurrence that's unexplained, they get bashed rather unpolitely.

WHY DON'T "BASHERS" HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING? Ever wonder about that? Try proving what YOU say is true instead of just disagreeing! Anyone can rudely create a reason why something might not be true, but that's just their pathetic opinion, NOT PROOF that what was stated isn't true.

Keepmwlknfunny, YOU found that out this week, didn't you? Here you are spittin' on someone else's curious observation already!

The "14 Dinars" /$5.21 rate slip has NOT been debunked. It hasn't been proven either.

Easier to call something not true, too high of a rate, or won't happen until summer than to brave posting what may or may not be info.

If you're wrong, nobody will care or call you on it. Cowards.

Who knows what cool information that we could have gotten, but someone felt that they'd just get trashed.....

There, off my chest. Take yer best shot.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 4

I think people would be less likely to jump on the predictions and "intel" if the same people did not alter their story every day. One minute it is $3.21 the next it is $8.13. One minute it is fixed the next floating. How many times have there been people telling us that the budget is approved, the government is complete, or some other story? I read a lot of this and these guys who make the multiple predictions sometimes daily make it almost impossible to not question everything. You may be right that something is not debunked or that the bashers never have to prove anything. The fact is that all the predictions and stories end up in the can after a few days so the bashers don't have to back their stories up because the guys who write this fiction take care of it for the bashers. If they would make fewer predictions or stick to one story for a while it would be easier to find truthful.

• Upvote 6

Oooooh, noooo!!

You did not just post that!!

Regarding "my opinion", the truth is that it is NOT an opinion, it is a fact.

I will let YOU do the work/research, because you know what? There are a bunch of articles with the same reference to "the magic number 14", but I will let YOU find them. I have 7 years of reading articles translated by Google, Babylon, you name it... I know how the translation works, and I also know how everything in these articles can be misinterpreted. I probably have read more Arablish that you will ever read ( and I hope it won't be long before all this comes to an end and no one will need to read it) and I would not need an RV any more if I would get one penny for every rumour I've heard during these years.

I am not a basher or a naysayer, however, I hate when others make smoke and there is no fire. I love a good rumour, but as I said : this is a fact/article, not a rumour, it does not need to be debunked.

And by the way , yes, math works: almost 79 bn + 14bn = 93 bn (approx. 94 bn - the modified budget)

Under the bill rate to remain income estimates the federal budget for fiscal 2011 Bmpelgha former adult (78,705,237,500,000) JD (Seventy-eight thousand seven hundred and five billion two hundred and thirty-seven million five hundred thousand dinars), according to the main accounts, but the increase occurred in the budget deficit and expenditure so that was the allocation of the amount of $ (94295059613000) (ninety-four thousand two hundred and ninety five billion and fifty-nine million six hundred and thirteen thousand dinars for the expenses of the fiscal year 2011 distributed according to (field 3 Total expenditure) (Table B expenditures by ministries) attached to this law.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.alsumarianews.com/ar/3/16104/news-details-.html&rurl=translate.google.com

I know, you will say my math is not good, but these are only approximate figures.

• Upvote 6

Hmmmm...

I could have sworn I read that the "$5.21 Slip Up" article was debunked because two Arabic readers said it had been misinterpreted. /shrug.

Anyway-

When it comes to telling tales...the onus of proof falls only on the teller because that's just how it works. If it went the other way... Where a person could come in and say what ever and it would be assumed to be true- that would be topsy turvy, man! Kinda like "innocent until proven guilty" but in reverse.

I think MOST people want to think that everyone who posts here, is here to honestly spread information they know to be true- but that is NOT the case.

So there is a healthy dose of skepticism. NOTE THE WORD "HEALTHY".

Could the rate come out and be $8? Yeah, it COULD but it could just as easily be $.35 and I think the majority of people don't like getting their hopes up ,"counting chickens". They want to be humble about what's coming until they see it. So it is offensive to have someone popping in talking about how high it's going to be:

"Oh- you are gonna be SWIMMING in money next Monday! The Dinar is going to RV at 8 dollars a pop and for every million the banks handing out free puppies and soda. FREE!"

Then Monday rolls around and you ain't got a pot to piss in.

So- THAT'S what's fueling the bash.

Also-

If people get bashed (I've noticed) they usually have a history of putting stuff out there that turns out NOT to be true.

You mentioned "Keepmy..." in your original rant and I have to tell you. He posted a bank rumor that I would have NOT believed had it not come from him- because he NEVER posts anything "pie-in-the-sky".

So either he is the best muthahumpin Pumper there has ever been (which DID come to my mind) OR maybe people should take it down a notch and not just post EVERY thing you hear- just the stuff you experience yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am new, but that doesn't make me dumb. I do know that it is not a real rate.

I guess I should have explained that I loved your phrase, not the land of make believe that a lot of these people around here seem to love

I apologize. I was not insinuating you were dumb. I got that you liked the phrase. I meant it for those that need the reality check, not necessarily you, just poorly stated on my part. Not put down intended.

• Upvote 1

Well, I see more OPINIONS, and I see stuffy references to "COMMON SENSE". Even a vague reference to someone knowing that two Arabs translated it somwhere and proved it wrong.

Pathetic.

I do not see anything proving it, or debunking it. Thank you all for proving my point. It was just a curiosity about what may have been a misprint, may have been a clue.

But you all took a side. A side based on what you believe or want to believe. That's called an opinion.

Most of your OPINIONS were against it being a rate slip.

By your high and exacting standards, I guess we can call this officially "debunked" (because most of you say so).

BTW, this "system" you have STILL discourages your fellow members from reporting news, questioning the intent of those quoted, and asking their own valid questions. Is that what you call a forum? again, thanks for proving my point!

• Upvote 1