Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

al-Maliki to Reject All Candidates

VIZIOIRAQI

Iraqi: "al-Maliki to Reject All Candidates and Threatened to Choose His Own Ministers

(Voice of Iraq) - 02/02/2011

(Voice of Iraq) - - escalated the dispute between the coalition of "state law" led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and "Iraq," led by Iyad Allawi, in the form of a political crisis is threatening to impede the final declaration of the new government.

She stressed the "Iraqi" it is an intention to evade the agreements that led to the formation of the government.

And has learned "life" yesterday that "al-Maliki submitted a letter to Allawi to ensure the rejection of all candidates for the Iraqi security ministries and positions vacant and asked him to provide alternative candidates otherwise it will run characters themselves."

The "Iraqi" al-Maliki a strong indicator to a new political crisis.

Saw the past two weeks had an exchange of accusations between the two sides carry each other's responsibility not to complete formation of the government and breach of agreements concluded on the initiative launched by the Region President Korstan Massoud Barzani, has led to the formation of the government, and was a political deal included a waiver of the "Iraqi" for prime minister against the selection of Allawi to the presidency, "the National Council for strategic policy and" give ministerial portfolios.

According to the leader of the "Iraq," Mohammed Salman, "the newspaper" that "Iraq began to feel the presence of an attempt to block al-Maliki to repudiate agreements Barzani," and warned that "This command will create a political crisis that hinder the formation of the new government."

He pointed out that "the Iraqi government decided to participate in the implementation of the program and clearly seen by all political forces, which focuses on participation in government and make it a success by all means, but block the rule of law began to send signals to evade the political agreements between the parties."

He added that "positive signals in the al-Maliki was finally sent a formal letter to the Iraqi leadership includes the rejection of all candidates for the vacant portfolios, including security and demanded change them all and to provide alternative candidates."

He pointed out that "Iraq remains committed to restraint and to believe that there is a chance to correct the paths in case we have to believe that there is insistence on violating the political agreements, we will take a tough stance, but we are still working to support the government and make it a success."

For his part, downplayed the MP for the "state of the law," Ali Alfalh the importance of the warning signs of a political crisis with the "Iraqi". He said, "that" there are attempts to escalate the differences between the two blocs on the pretext Disclaimer National Alliance of political obligations. "

He Alfalh that "the coalition remains firmly committed to the agreements that resulted from the initiative Barzani

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ar&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sotaliraq.com%2Firaq-news.php%3Fid%3D15381

• Upvote 1

There going to run out of People qualified to bake bread at this rate.

There just has to be something else going on that we are not being told?

Nobody or any governing body or anyone with a brain really acts like this for the whole World to see.There just has to be something else.

Go RV / RI

• Upvote 1

Thanks Vizio.........Clearly, Maliki is watching what has happened in Tunisia and Jordan. Also, the escalating tensions in Egypt. He knows that he needs control of the security forces for his own protection. If the security establishment is not loyal to Maliki, then the security establishment will not be responsive to his call to action when a crisis really does hit his government. Makes me wonder if there can be a good outcome to this government. For the poloticians, it is all about protecting themselves and not giving in to your political opponents. Meanwhile, the people are literally left in the streets. Put the people above yourselves for the first time and this can all work out to the benefit of everyone.

All the best Vizio,

Lgraham

Edited by lgraham
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Vizio.........Clearly, Maliki is watching what has happened in Tunisia and Jordan. Also, the escalating tensions in Egypt. He knows that he needs control of the security forces for his own protection. If the security establishment is not loyal to Maliki, then the security establishment will not be responsive to his call to action when a crisis really does hit his government. Makes me wonder if there can be a good outcome to this government. For the poloticians, it is all about protecting themselves and not giving in to your political opponents. Meanwhile, the people are literally left in the streets. Put the people above yourselves for the first time and this can all work out to the benefit of everyone.

All the best Vizio,

Lgraham

With the infrastructure challenges in Iraq, it is unlikely that a situation similar to Tunisia and Egypt would occur there. Most of the organization and implementation (in the beginning) of these protests in Tunisia and Egypt occurred using Facebook and Twitter which would be difficult in Iraq. Plus, these other countries had fatigued of their leaders after many, many years. Not months. I don't see it.

TS

I believe in the RV; I don't believe in the cult.

All the best Vizio,

Lgraham

What a lot of people fail to realize is that the people are backing the politicians also so even if you thought you were putting the public above your own self there will stll be those who are not happy with your choices. im starting to firmly believe that iraq is nothing but a catch 22 where nothing will progress and is a lost cause and i think other people are also starting to see it that way....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

While I cannot say that I am suprised, I'm really not, that Maliki would do this. I am concerned that this 'political theater' is consuming more time than expected. How about a good old fashioned Celebrity Deathmatch... Winner take all... No holds barred...

• Upvote 1

Ever notice how everything is always high drama with these guys? Nothing ever gets done until the Iraqi media builds an armageddon scenerio to scare Iraqis and the world. Then at the last minute they agree to whatever they were arguing about, then move on to the next crisis. Seems orchestrated to me.

• Upvote 2

I honestly have a hard time believing any news that comes out of Iraq anymore, it changes day to day, same articles just worded differently....They just seem to want this to drag on and are content with there government being in limbo....This guys need a good kick in the azz, cut there payroll till they get it right, as long as they are making big money they will continue to drag this out....If they stopped getting paid watch how fast this would happen, ..are heads would be spinning like tops....WOW, government seated, budget passed, revalue currency, all done in within a week...This could happen if given an altamatum....sorry for any spelling errors.

• Upvote 1

All the best Vizio,

Lgraham

That is a good point and really makes sense. The security minister needs to be loyal to the PM which is why in the past Maliki wanted this control. The old adage if you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself comes to mind.

At the same time if they can not form the government wouldn't Allawi be allowed to form by constitutional right? If this is true then clearly that's what is going on here. The power over the wealth of this country is at stake but the united states chose to support Maliki in my opinion actually phoenix turned me on to that. The Council of Foreign relations only met with Maliki last year and not Allawi. Thats a big deal. None of these guys are angels especially people like Allawi or his cousin Chalabi but the U.S. likes to deal with one guy and once we support a person we stay with them until they run their course. Case in point the president of Egypt and that mess...I think Obama asked him to step aside.

Love him or hate him, Maliki follows what we say as long as he doesn't take to much of a political hit. So he says things that you would expect from a politician in his position but in the past he stepped up and took out the Mehdi army. This needed to be done by an Iraqi not by the U.S. as it sent a clear message. I hate to bring this point up because M makes decisions I don't understand or straight up disagree like wanting control of the central bank but this is who we are in bed with.

Now if Allawi gains control, how does that change things? If this is Allawi's angle to ultimately become PM he will not succeed. The U.S. holds the cards we will pay him off. Who knows maybe sadr was paid off and that's why he is currently out of the picture for now.

Ever notice how everything is always high drama with these guys? Nothing ever gets done until the Iraqi media builds an armageddon scenerio to scare Iraqis and the world. Then at the last minute they agree to whatever they were arguing about, then move on to the next crisis. Seems orchestrated to me.

Lol, Iraq is turning into nothing but an emotional vampire that is draining us dry of energy.....explains why I get so sleepy after reading any news on Iraq..*sigh*

• Upvote 1

That is a good point and really makes sense. The security minister needs to be loyal to the PM which is why in the past Maliki wanted this control. The old adage if you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself comes to mind.

At the same time if they can not form the government wouldn't Allawi be allowed to form by constitutional right? If this is true then clearly that's what is going on here. The power over the wealth of this country is at stake but the united states chose to support Maliki in my opinion actually phoenix turned me on to that. The Council of Foreign relations only met with Maliki last year and not Allawi. Thats a big deal. None of these guys are angels especially people like Allawi or his cousin Chalabi but the U.S. likes to deal with one guy and once we support a person we stay with them until they run their course. Case in point the president of Egypt and that mess...I think Obama asked him to step aside.

Love him or hate him, Maliki follows what we say as long as he doesn't take to much of a political hit. So he says things that you would expect from a politician in his position but in the past he stepped up and took out the Mehdi army. This needed to be done by an Iraqi not by the U.S. as it sent a clear message. I hate to bring this point up because M makes decisions I don't understand or straight up disagree like wanting control of the central bank but this is who we are in bed with.

Now if Allawi gains control, how does that change things? If this is Allawi's angle to ultimately become PM he will not succeed. The U.S. holds the cards we will pay him off. Who knows maybe sadr was paid off and that's why he is currently out of the picture for now.

I understand what you mean about a united Iraqi government. There's an old saying, "A house divided cannot stand." It makes sense that Maliki needs everyone working in accord to push things forward, yet I still don't trust him not to go dictator. He's "riding on the line" it seems. Iraq needs to push forward, rv, and press toward stability, but not with another dictator. And I did see from one of your other posts that you think it's preposterous that Maliki has taken the CBI and the other independent bodies under his eye and rule even against their constitution. (I'm in agreement with you.) Saddam did the same thing. The whole situation in Iraq is precarious. What do you think should be done? I mean, if you had the say so. Because looking at it all...it's a big jumbled mess to me and it's getting more jumbled daily. I'm not really sure what to think. :blink:

With the infrastructure challenges in Iraq, it is unlikely that a situation similar to Tunisia and Egypt would occur there. Most of the organization and implementation (in the beginning) of these protests in Tunisia and Egypt occurred using Facebook and Twitter which would be difficult in Iraq. Plus, these other countries had fatigued of their leaders after many, many years. Not months. I don't see it.

TS

I believe in the RV; I don't believe in the cult.

Apparently.....There are at least one million widows that do not agree with you.

Lgraham

I understand what you mean about a united Iraqi government. There's an old saying, "A house divided cannot stand." It makes sense that Maliki needs everyone working in accord to push things forward, yet I still don't trust him not to go dictator. He's "riding on the line" it seems. Iraq needs to push forward, rv, and press toward stability, but not with another dictator. And I did see from one of your other posts that you think it's preposterous that Maliki has taken the CBI and the other independent bodies under his eye and rule even against their constitution. (I'm in agreement with you.) Saddam did the same thing. The whole situation in Iraq is precarious. What do you think should be done? I mean, if you had the say so. Because looking at it all...it's a big jumbled mess to me and it's getting more jumbled daily. I'm not really sure what to think. :blink:

This is just my long winded opinion.

The issue with this government is trust and we will only intervene if the country begins to destabilize. These politicians and maybe also the groups of people they represent in Iraq do not trust other groups. This comes from ancient rivalries either between the sects of Islam or if you look at the history of the Kurds. These are some very hardened people. Death is cheap.

Because of this, there are factions within the three major groups of people that see themselves independent and then iraqi second. That's my perception. Look at Kurdistan running themselves autonomously. The people down south want to be their own country. There was a time even our own politicians suggested they do this. So if they could they would split up quickly and then declare war on each other and try to kill each other off for the oil. All the resources are in the North and South but there is not much in the central region as far as oil. I'm sure there is a fear that history will repeat itself with Maliki.

We are forcing these peoples who do not trust each other to be under one government. They understand better than anyone how powerful our sanctions are and they really don't want things to return to the way they were so they have no choice but at the same time these politicians truly dislike each other because they want absolute power and mask their motives behind other reasons I'm sure.

Absolute power is what they understand because that's all they knew from Sadam and he didn't trust his opponents, he killed them all. You were either completely loyal to him or you were dead.

So we choked the life out of Iraq with years and years of sanctions and i had read that the real reason we commited to kicking sadam out was because he started selling oil in another currency other than the dollar. That is interesting to me if its true because the oil is traded only in the dollar. Acts of war are driven by economics. Also my opinion...

We will have to monitor Iraq closely and that will be a permanent thing. Politically we are helping a fledgling democracy rise to prominence in the world. In reality, Iraq has to appease the desires of the United States and I have no problem with that because that's why we went to war.

But the people of Iraq understand how barbaric we can be and so many of them absolutely hate us. When you have a sniper on a roof top of a multi story building and you call in air support and drop a 4000 lb bomb on the guy just to kill one man and demolish the whole building...Those now homeless families remember that or the acts of rape and murder involving our soldiers. We only know of the ones reported. Stuff like this happens in every war and its real ugly stuff but the "Back Slapping Isn't Humanity Neat?" media goes crazy with it. These Iraqis know what we did and hate us for it but in the end they have no choice but to submit and follow the course we have set for them.

Iraq is an asset of the U.S. and we are forcing them to be a democracy.

Now I can honestly look at all of this and say yes I don't have a problem with that as long as the U.S. will benefit from this.

Quad,

I'm going to "go out on a limb" and guess that you're probably military? (Sorry, if I'm wrong. Thank you from the bottom of my heart if you are.) But you do make some valid points from a strategic standpoint. Looking at places the United States has gone to war with...we do, in essence, call the shots whether they like it or not; furthermore, I can understand the hatred they hold for us. They are completely different from us culturally and religiously. And if you are military, then you know all too well the atrocities of war. I know my father does since he's a Vietnam vet.

I think what sums up everything you said is "Iraq is an asset of the U.S. and we are forcing them to be a democracy." That one sentence alone speaks volumes on so many levels.

I just wonder how long this scenario will play out until they get grounded and running on their own. With everything you've stated, the thing that comes to mind is, "Are we creating a monster? Or is there going to be way to ward them off and keep them down to earth when they become strong again. I mean they aren't like the Vietnamese, Japanese, Germans or some of the others that we've overtaken. Like you said, many of these people are hardened and death is cheap.

Thanks for your response. :):tiphat: