Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pay Cuts for the Military With Poll

Soldiering4U

Opinion on Military Pay Cuts  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Military Have their Pay Cut?

• Yes. They make too much the way it is
    • No. The lower enlisted make less than 25,000 a year for putting their lives on the line
    • Maybe. Not sure what this is all about

These maybe old links but the pay cuts are happening today... why when the administration can't do the right thing when it comes to spending do they target the Military you know the ones who are still keeping all of us safe... I know when I checked my LES I was missing money this month... why would the government target us when their are so manny people working for the Government that make so much more than we do?

http://www.sodahead....ay/blog-318639/

http://militaryadvan...ary-pay-debate/

http://www.politicsd...g-defense-with/

Edited by Soldiering4U

Whoa, technically the military did not get a pay cut. There was actually a pay increase signed by Obama (GASP!) on January 7th, but it was relatively small. What did go down is BAH, so I am assuming you are married or above E-4ish in rank. The reason BAH went down is due to the cost of living has gone down. It is much cheaper to get apartments or homes for rent, so it makes sense BAH get lowered.

http://www.navycs.com/2011-military-pay-chart.html

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2011/01/2011-military-pay-a-mixed-bag/

Wasn't BAH it was Base Pay... and I am not one of those soldiers who get in trouble so I know it wasn't that... I checked with some of my buddies who are single and they had the same thing in their base pay go down... strange they sign a pay raise then take some back... I seen where they raised the pay but never seen it in my LES and this is the second month in a row I have checked for this...

These maybe old links but the pay cuts are happening today... why when the administration can't do the right thing when it comes to spending do they target the Military you know the ones who are still keeping all of us safe... I know when I checked my LES I was missing money this month... why would the government target us when their are so manny people working for the Government that make so much more than we do?

http://www.sodahead....ay/blog-318639/

http://militaryadvan...ary-pay-debate/

http://www.politicsd...g-defense-with/

When taxes or pay cuts or cuts of any kind roll in the jerkheads in washington, they look at the biggest parts of the pie. It doesn't matter how much congress is funding ever thing, it doesn't matter what their projections are for next week, next month, next year, they will not take a hit on their salaries, their pet projects. You and me will take the hit because of their reckless spending. contrary to american belief it is not about who is republican,or who is democrat, or who is placing blame on who. It is about those who enter Washington have been given the green light to lie, be deceitful, gain self richs, advance self agendas. Once the votes are counted, thats it,we are forgotten about. When will america learn to hold their representative accountable or throw them out..........There is more of us that is suffering because of Washington, than the ones who are wealthy and hold power. You want to see a congressman studder, ask him to cut his salary and expenses to help share in this mess. Washington has grown hard hearted to the needs of america's citizens and this is just what has happened to Egypt, Tunisa, Jordon. I beieve people in this country is waking up to Washington's arrogant, stupidity. When will change come here., depends on the people.

• Upvote 2

Wasn't BAH it was Base Pay... and I am not one of those soldiers who get in trouble so I know it wasn't that... I checked with some of my buddies who are single and they had the same thing in their base pay go down... strange they sign a pay raise then take some back... I seen where they raised the pay but never seen it in my LES and this is the second month in a row I have checked for this...

Then you need to go see someone, for there was no pay cut. There was supposed to be a pay freeze, but instead did a 1.4% raise.

Our Government has created a "Golden Umbrella" under which they live. I read somewhere, I can't remember where or how long ago, a Congressman said, "Once we've achieved our status, we deserve better," and so they wrote and passed laws to protect themselves. They exempt themselves from the very things that they are trying to impose on you and I. I know it's a very poor and touchy representation, but I wonder if Gabby pays into a health care program of any kind.

IMHO,

I'm going to send you off to a land that you probably never even thought about, let you get shot at for no less than half a year, work anywhere from 8 - 18 hours a day for the entire time, maybe give you a day off every now and again but you'll get two weeks MANDATORY leave, move you through the mess hall like it was a processing plant with the off chance that Friday will be 'surf and turf', and by the way, the life that you knew vefore you left has more than likely changed in more ways than one... So let's talk about that paycheck, shall we... I think not!!! The powers that be give the military their orders so if anyone is going to take a pay cut, let's start at the top! It's called leading by example, right? What, that Ivy League college fund just too much to bear? How about those nice foreign luxury/sports cars that are running up and down the highway? I'm pretty sure that fillet mingon doesn't have to be on the menu EVERY freaking week? Meanwhile, some young adult is opening their second or third MRE for the day and wearing the same clothes for the past week. Military pay cuts, I think our priorities are a bit jaded... IMHO...

• Upvote 1

IMHO,

I'm going to send you off to a land that you probably never even thought about, let you get shot at for no less than half a year, work anywhere from 8 - 18 hours a day for the entire time, maybe give you a day off every now and again but you'll get two weeks MANDATORY leave, move you through the mess hall like it was a processing plant with the off chance that Friday will be 'surf and turf', and by the way, the life that you knew vefore you left has more than likely changed in more ways than one... So let's talk about that paycheck, shall we... I think not!!! The powers that be give the military their orders so if anyone is going to take a pay cut, let's start at the top! It's called leading by example, right? What, that Ivy League college fund just too much to bear? How about those nice foreign luxury/sports cars that are running up and down the highway? I'm pretty sure that fillet mingon doesn't have to be on the menu EVERY freaking week? Meanwhile, some young adult is opening their second or third MRE for the day and wearing the same clothes for the past week. Military pay cuts, I think our priorities are a bit jaded... IMHO...

I totally agree..I am a 21 year Veteran, I lived it...

This thread is posted as "OFF TOPIC", if you're looking for RV news, your're following the wrong thread. By the way, If you've ever fought with Veterans of all nationalities and races and seen the pain that goes with it, you'd probably back off that "Prejudice" word a bit. It has absolutely nothing to do with preudice. It has everything to do with the well being of the United States of America and those elected officials that represent it.

IMHO,

WoW, Been there and done that...

and to Deathmonkey... I talked to my S1 and they said he would look into it and he had noticed on his LES the same too...

on the Tax Bracket thing... HA... I am so far away from a new tax bracket having a wife and 2 boys... we just did our taxes and I made after all of the bah and base pay just over 26,000 I made more being a cop in small town america before taking this job...

Come on RV daddy needs a new truck LOLbiggrin.gif

This thread is posted as "OFF TOPIC", if you're looking for RV news, your're following the wrong thread. By the way, If you've ever fought with Veterans of all nationalities and races and seen the pain that goes with it, you'd probably back off that "Prejudice" word a bit. It has absolutely nothing to do with preudice. It has everything to do with the well being of the United States of America and those elected officials that represent it.

Delete this Mods, I don't have a clue how it got here. Ended up in wrong post somehow.

Wait, What happened I didn't see anything about Prejudice... did someone's comment get deleted cause I don't like that word being thrown around at all not after I have shared blood sweat and tears of most nationalities.... My old platoon SGT use to say no matter what color you where when you joined the Army you are all Green now Get use to it

Got posted in wrong thread, disregard.

No worries man it happens what thread was you trying to post in?

Obama admits not born in USA. Getting a little hot over there.

Whoa, technically the military did not get a pay cut. There was actually a pay increase signed by Obama (GASP!) on January 7th, but it was relatively small. What did go down is BAH, so I am assuming you are married or above E-4ish in rank. The reason BAH went down is due to the cost of living has gone down. It is much cheaper to get apartments or homes for rent, so it makes sense BAH get lowered. http://www.navycs.com/2011-military-pay-chart.html

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2011/01/2011-military-pay-a-mixed-bag/

The only ones who need paycuts are politicans IMHO

I think the politicians should have to work for the same pay as our military, they both work for the government. We should take some of their high salaries and benefits and spread them to our troops who fight for us. Maybe they wouldn't be so inclined to cut salaries if theirs were right there too. They may actually even pay attention to where all the money goes if they had to be smart with it in order to get a raise. JMO

Is it possible that the increase put you into a new tax bracket? Next tax bracket, more taxes, less money. At that point it would appear to be a cut be in reality it isnt. Had this happen to me once before. Just a thought.

Impossible. We have progressive tax brackets, so if you get a raise that pushes you into the next bracket, you will still see an increase in net pay.

The discrepancy must lie elsewhere.