Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Understanding some of the acronyms.

Thank you, seriously! I hate the internet cause its all in code!! If i knew how to give you a green 1 symbol i would!!

Thanks a bunch!!

And you are serioulsy welcome! If you don't see the litttle green "+" or the red "-" icons at the bottom right of each post you may not be signed in, but if you can see them, that's how you give them, click on the green for a +, or click on the red for a -, feel free to practice with all my posts :P , i prefer green but understand the OCCASIONAL red :P glad i could help, take care.

Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL....GO RV!

• Upvote 2

Hey thanks! Er, what does DFI stand for? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

DFI........Development Fund (for) Iraq......This is a U.N. bank account that all Iraqi export oil revenues go into. It's purpose was to provide some revenues for the GOI, repay repirations to Kuwait and build revenues for Iraq re-construction

All the best,

Lgraham

Amazingly with this seemingly all inclusive list the one acronym I really needed the definition for was missing: "IMAO". What does the "A" stand for?

Also are you sure that IMHO does not actually mean "In My Humble Opinion". I would assume "honest" and not expect to be able to prove otherwise, however "humble" is an admission of sincerity leaving open the possibility of error. This would seem to be a far more useful interpretation in written communication. IMHO

In any case please enlighten a novice text messenger (old guy) regarding the meaning of "IMAO".

■UN: United Nations

■IMF: International Monetary Fund

■UNSC: United Nations Security Council

■GOI: Government of Iraq

■CBI: Central Bank of Iraq

■TBI: Trade Bank of Iraq

■WTO: World Trade Organization

■WTB: World Trade Bank

■HCL: Hydro Carbon Law

■PM: Prime Minister OR Personal Message

■MP: Member of Parliament

■MPs: Members of Parliament

■RV: Revalue, Revaluation

■RI: Reinstate, Reinstatement

■RD: Re-denominate, Re-denomination

■LOP/RV: Take 3 zeroes off the currency (no change in value), then followed by revaluation

■LOP: “Lop” off 3 zeroes from the currency so as to NOT change the value, but to shrink the denominations used

■IQD: Iraqi Dinar

■UNAMI: United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq

■USD: US Dollar ($)

■VND: Vietnamese Dong

■KWD: Kuwaiti Dinar

■IMO: In My Opinion

■IMHO: In My Honest Opinion

■LOL: Laugh Out Loud

■LMAO: Laughing My A%$ Off

■BTW: By the way

■TY: Thank You

■YW: You’re Welcome

■IYO: In Your Opinion

■IYHO: In You Honest Opinion

■CBV: Central Bank of Vietnam

■CBK: Central Bank of Kuwait

■DD: another site

■F26: Frank26 (Frank – KTF Missions)

■MED: Medic, SFMedic

■TK: TerryK (G.E.T.)

■AC: another site

■DDT: another site’s Tidbits

■DDC: another site’s Chat

■SMS: Short Message Service (Acronym for Cell Phone Text Message)

■GET: Gankans, Enorrste, & TerryK (The G.E.T. Team Forum)

■1D: One Dinar Forum

■NNP: Nenosplace Forum

■KTF: Keep The Faith, KTF Missions Forum

■DS: Dinar Speculator

■DV: Dinar Vets

■SD: dont promote other sites Forum

■J4D: zzz Forum

■DT: Dinar Trade

■EOY: End of Year

■EOM: End of Month

Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL....GO RV!

Great job ! About time someone did that.

• Upvote 1

DFI........Development Fund (for) Iraq......This is a U.N. bank account that all Iraqi export oil revenues go into. It's purpose was to provide some revenues for the GOI, repay repirations to Kuwait and build revenues for Iraq re-construction

All the best,

Lgraham

Thank you lgraham! I love this site!

Finally the fog has lifted and I don't have to sit here racking my brain trying to work it all out....thanks so much for taking the time to post that....I could hug you!!! :D

Well don't let the fact that we are 10K miles, and don't expect me to convert that to kilometers for ya, apart stop ya, c'mon it's worth it, c'mon stretch.....lil more.....almost there....c'mon......there ya go.....ahhhhh, very nice ,warm, and refereshing, thank you BP hehehehehe lol.....almost fell into the BIG POND :P

Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL....GO RV! so I can get longer arm surgery :lol:

Well don't let the fact that we are 10K miles, and don't expect me to convert that to kilometers for ya, apart stop ya, c'mon it's worth it, c'mon stretch.....lil more.....almost there....c'mon......there ya go.....ahhhhh, very nice ,warm, and refereshing, thank you BP hehehehehe lol.....almost fell into the BIG POND :P

Countless blessings and endless peace to ALL....GO RV! so I can get longer arm surgery :lol:

I think you already have fallen into the Big Pond ;););)