Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Would You Rather....

Would You Rather  

112 members have voted

1. 1. If you could know only one, which would it be? Would you rather know...

• The Date
    • The Rate

At lunch today with my friend we were talking about the forum and we got to wondering...if people could know only one thing about the RV, and they could only pick one but it would be the truth, would it be the rate or the date?

Remember, this is just a game and for fun, don't take it to seriously!

• Upvote 2

At lunch today with my friend we were talking about the forum and we got to wondering...if people could know only one thing about the RV, and they could only pick one but it would be the truth, would it be the rate or the date?

Clearly the rate.

If we get 1cent to 1dinar it's a lot less of an issue than $10 to 1 dinar?

• Upvote 1

neat poll--thanks--right now i would take 10 cents per dinar

dedinitely the DATE

Opens up a lot more possibilities to know when, and how long you have and what could be done in that time or what could be promised for after that time...

Than a rate which could be good, bad, indifferent, but not perhaps for a lot too long away to be of any real use.

Knowledge is only a good thing if it can be used. The date give much more opportunity for use than rate.

smee2

• Upvote 2

Rate for sure. If we KNOW it will be 1:1 or $2:1D, then I'm not even going to worry about other investments... regardless of the length of time. I would highly doubt it will be 100 years from now. And if it was... well then my grandchildren would prosper.

If I knew it was $.01, then I'd have to make sure to stock up on many, many more millions of Dinar.

Keep in mind that if for whatever reason it simply wasnt going to happen, the rate would be listed as $0... so you'd get the definate "no" vs a date which would simply not exist... then you'd question what that means.

Very good ... I have to say that I'm surprised at the results though. To me it's simple ... we know what it would take to make their economy actually function ... that is over $1 ... the MOF said $1.79 which was rejected by the then seated Parliament which is where the $3.210856yadayadayada came from.

If we assume $.10 which is about 100X what we spent ... and incidentally would make us "brilliant" investors/speculators/whatever ... knowing the date would allow us to leverage credit to purchase MASSIVE amounts of IQD (feeding kids is what we do ... if you know another way to stem world hunger let me know).

I do understand for those who voted "rate" that if they knew it would be high they would buy more and be willing to wait longer. That seems backwards to me ... wouldn't you buy more if you knew the rate would be low to compensate for the lower rate and maximize your investment. I do understand that there are those who would be willing to release more cash if they had the "guaranteed" return to mull over. And, yes, I get the time factor ... if you've been in this 7 or 8 years and it comes out at $.01 (10X) that wouldn't be near as nice but since bank rates are so low that simply doubling your money in today's climate would take what ... over 20 years at 3.5%? This is 10X over 8 (worse case scenario). To me, this seems to be a "speculate from the gut" or for some, I'm sure, an emotional response ... and I'm not putting that down ... we are all wired differently.

I reread this and see words like leverage, massive, compensate, and maximize ... lol ... it's a straight up math thing for me isn't it? I guess we know how I'm wired ... too funny.

No, I appreciate this poll ... also gives me some insight into DV members.

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 9

Very good ... I have to say that I'm surprised at the results though. To me it's simple ... we know what it would take to make their economy actually function ... that is over $1 ... the MOF said $1.79 which was rejected by the then seated Parliament which is where the $3.210856yadayadayada came from.

If we assume $.10 which is about 100X what we spent ... and incidentally would make us "brilliant" investors/speculators/whatever ... knowing the date would allow us to leverage credit to purchase MASSIVE amounts of IQD (feeding kids is what we do ... if you know another way to stem world hunger let me know).

I do understand for those who voted "rate" that if they knew it would be high they would buy more and be willing to wait longer. That seems backwards to me ... wouldn't you buy more if you knew the rate would be low to compensate for the lower rate and maximize your investment. I do understand that there are those who would be willing to release more cash if they had the "guaranteed" return to mull over. And, yes, I get the time factor ... if you've been in this 7 or 8 years and it comes out at $.01 (10X) that wouldn't be near as nice but since bank rates are so low that simply doubling your money in today's climate would take what ... over 20 years at 3.5%? This is 10X over 8 (worse case scenario). To me, this seems to be a "speculate from the gut" or for some, I'm sure, an emotional response ... and I'm not putting that down ... we are all wired differently.

I reread this and see words like leverage, massive, compensate, and maximize ... lol ... it's a straight up math thing for me isn't it? I guess we know how I'm wired ... too funny.

Peace

Doc31

Glad to see your'e feeling better Doc! Welcome back!

Edited by Slaydadea

I'm going to go with the date. There's enough data out there to justify anything from .86 to +/-4.00USD but the date continues to be a moving target for which there is no clear sight of. And, yes, knowing the date would give me the ability to plan abit more aggresively as to maximize my gains. But I don't see myself "buying the farm" on this one. Consideing that it's almost been a month since Iraq mentioned the increase in training of their police academy and the Arab League Summit, yeah I'd like to think we are close. Is it me or does it feel that the closer we get to a potential date, the crazier things get over there...

dedinitely the DATE

Opens up a lot more possibilities to know when, and how long you have and what could be done in that time or what could be promised for after that time...

Than a rate which could be good, bad, indifferent, but not perhaps for a lot too long away to be of any real use.

Knowledge is only a good thing if it can be used. The date give much more opportunity for use than rate.

smee2

Interesting concept Smee. So if we carry on with this analogy...which would you rather know...the date of your death or how you will die?

Anyway...back to life, I'm going with the rate. If its low and I mean low, I can think..well, the dream was worth more than this but it was a fun ride...and then go back to the hum drum of the daily grool. BUT if I know I'm going to be a multimillionaire (or possibly my kids if it's 60 years in the future)...then I can get REALLY excitied. I'd have this website on where ever I went...but that's me.

Good question! :)

Peace

Doc31

+1 Doc; as is typical, you and I see things pretty much the same... ;)

Cheers!

Interesting concept Smee. So if we carry on with this analogy...which would you rather know...the date of your death or how you will die?

Anyway...back to life, I'm going with the rate. If its low and I mean low, I can think..well, the dream was worth more than this but it was a fun ride...and then go back to the hum drum of the daily grool. BUT if I know I'm going to be a multimillionaire (or possibly my kids if it's 60 years in the future)...then I can get REALLY excitied. I'd have this website on where ever I went...but that's me.

Good question! :)

Really... just gonna buy the farm on this one... Thanks Tiff... I need to go do my confession now... which is odd considering that I'm not Catholic. But it is on my 'bucket list' "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned" just doesn't flow right for me... :lol: