Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

The tourist stopped at the local Hotel, but it was a Motel owner that took the $100 bill rather than the Hotel owner.

Tourist stopped at the local Hotel, but it was a Motel owner that took the $100 bill. That is the flaw. Motel is a 1 story, hotel can be multi stories and should have stated taht the local Hotel owner took the $100 bill.

byGodsgrace@copper.net

Of course as soon as the tourist leaves with his $100 the hotel owner owner still needs food and so he visits the butcher and ends up with credit debt. The butcher still needs meet from the Co-op so having no money he ends up with credit debt to the Co-op and so on and so on. The problem is not fixed! Everyone ends up right back where they were prior to the tourist stopping by.

I believe the problem is, that the Hotel Owner did not actually have his debt owed by the prostitute paid, the money left with the Tourist, had he stayed, he would have been able to "pocket" the $100 or at least run off to pay on the next debt he owed...

Just a thought...

Oh please let me be the winner!!!

Okay, to payoff debt is great!!! However not having a higher return on your money will not make you finaicially secure later in life. All parties involved in this transaction passed money around to payoff debt with out the first one making a penny to invest in another investment.

Fingers crossed i want to be VIP badly.... Very interested in learning.

Well chances are with 15 pages of replies I don't foresee myself winning but this thing is riddled with problems starting with the prostitute if the room was 100.00 why would she charge 100.00 and with no one staying at the hotel why does the owner need 100.00 dollars in pork? I could go on and on but I think everyone knows where I am heading with that. And I am certain the problem adam has is the one any business minded guy has...WHAT IS HER PIMP THINKING?? He literally just cut himself out completely so many questions left unanswered and none of it makes business sense!

Ok..so stop pickin' on North Dakota...It's a great place! (Smarter than you think!)

1. The motel owner stole the money off the counter of the hotel proprietor, so he was probably also the town banker.

2. It's even more insidious than one of my favorite stories (told to me by my banker friend): A Bank offered a woman a credit card. It carried a $250 initiation fee. When she saw the fee, she canceled the card. They said fine but you still owe the fee which she refused to pay. By the time she filed bankruptcy the card was up to $5300. The Bank took a $5300 write off against their profits, the amount the bank loaned to the woman, zilch, nada, squat, zero. A fake write off but fully allowed. They loaned nothing and lost nothing. Think of the victims who pay these fees?

Conclusion: it was all fake -- the town, etc. -- but it was fully allowed. The major flaw...I actually read this and tried to participate...SOMEBODY LET ME SEE THAT $100!

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 1

First of all if a "whole town" consists of only 5 establishments and the owners/proprietors of those establishments, how is this big enough to even be considered a "town"? Where are the residents of the "town"? Where is the post office and other government offices? Where is the "town" maintenance offices? Who picks up the trash? Who supplies the water, electric & sewer services or does everyone have out houses and go to the river to get their water and use candles for light and fireplaces for heat? Seriously! So that is my guess of the one big flaw to this email. As far as what Adam's thoughts would be as to the big flaw ... I don't know. I have only been a VIP member for a short time and have not taken the time to read all of Adam's posts so I really don't know Adam that well. To take a guess as to what he would think the one big flaw would be would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack and that would be next to impossible and would take a lot longer than the 48 hour time limit for this contest.

I would also like to say that if all the "stimulus" monies had been distributed evenly to every American man, woman and child the whole country would be out of debt by now. First the taxes applied to such a monetary gift would be enough alone to pay the government's debt. Second, all the people that lost their homes would not have lost them and there wouldn't be a housing crisis. Third the economy would be sufficiently "stimulated" to be a very prosperous one and everyone would be out of debt and investing and spending like crazy. Just a thought. Have a blessed day everyone! :woot::tiphat::blush:

First of all how did the hotel proprieter know that when he went to pay his bill to the butcher that the $100 would make it's way back to him? He must have had some inside information on what everyone else owed. Or he assumed that the man would take the room before he actually made the decision to stay. And we all know what happens when you assume something. You make an ass out of u and me.

• Upvote 1

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

The flaw is that the stimulus has made every one look forward with optimism. The stimulus package usually just makes people a little more skeptical and at least you get to keep the money so you can then report it on your taxes.

Aside from psychologically, no one is any better off than they were before the traveler showed up. There's no increase in wealth to the community or to anyone in it. They all were $100 creditors and debtors and they've just cleared the books, not changed anyone's real situation.

What's at stake?

Here's the email:

Um....the obvious problem...I don't see any prostitute working for credit! lol

Everyone, other than the tourist, did essentially get $100 of their debt removed. In one sense, that was a benefit to the town. Unfortunately, the tourist had no say whatsoever about his money being "used" to assist this town with it's financial woes.

Relates very much to the stimulus passed by the American government last year with total disregard for the feelings, opinions, etc. we had about "our money" being used in such a way.

By the end of this story, everyone in the town "felt" better, but nothing was actually "made" better.

• Upvote 1

"No one produced anything"

Didn't the butcher produce butchered pig meat? the pig farmer produce a pig? the Co-op guy produce supplies? the prostitute produce spread legs? the hotel proprieter produce a hotel room?

To me this is more like an interest free loan from a bank then a stimulus package...the traveler being the bank.

"No one earned anything"

They all earned $100 they just happened to have a debt in the same amount.

There were actually two flaws. One I do not believe is the answer but could have been a major problem it the motel owner was different from the hotel owner then the hundred dollars would have not been able to circulate.

The major problem is that this is not the way a stimulus package works.

As stated nothing was lost or gained.

A stimulus package would have boost this little town's economy, by encouraging spending and creating jobs, and businesses, instead the money that was used only served as a temporar y bandaid. Leaving them with no real recovery. The next day they will use credit again and be in debt as before.

Tommy Hitt

thitt42380@aol.com

• Upvote 1

!.It assumes everyone involved in paying their debt equals exactly $100.00! Unlikely!

2.The Hotel/motel owner made no implied guarantees of satisfaction for the inspection by the traveler!

3.The traveler got his monies worth regardless of the outcome of his satisfaction or dissatisfaction!

4.The $100.00 was to inspect the rooms,and he did--service rendered and monies paid! No refunds! The traveler ended up with a free service!

5.The hotel/motel owner is out of the $100.00! Example: Had that been a counterfit $100.00 bill and the FBI got wind of it--the FBI would have confiscated it and the Hotel/Motel owner would lose his $100.00! Not to mention the 3rd.degree grilling the hotel/motel would get from the FBI wanting to know how he obtained it!

6.Besides---all of this is being paid with fiat monies,which is ostensibly worthless,no intrinsic value;not backed by gold or silver--just the FAITH in our government determines the (value?)of our money! But I digress!

7.The $100.00 is out of circulation in the small town of Pumphandle!

I'm sure there are more ,just cannot think of them at this time!

Good luck everyone!

Sparksnavy/widower75