Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

Here's my take on it:

This email was written by someone who wishes to pander to a certain base. In this case, the person put out $100 which would be similar to our tax money going into the stimulus.

The person then got their money back. This is 100% NOT how our recent or current "stimulus" packages work!

It's a cute attempt... but anyone with half a brain can figure out that the stimulus packages we have in the US do NOT work the way this email is suggesting.

Now to award the first free VIP membership!

Amazingly enough, the very first response was pretty darn close to what I was looking for! Mississippi Gal, since you are already VIP I am going to extend your VIP membership by one month and then give the other two months to the first non-VIP person that responded with the correct answer.

Good enough for me - Welcome to VIP!!!

The next VIP goes to whomever has the post with the highest + rating in this thread by tomorrow at noon.

Tell your friends to + rep your post, encourage anyone you know to register and + rep you, or whatever you have to do! The contest will be over tomorrow.

Nice replies, everyone!!!!!

Adam lets be fair about this n-I just recieved my E-Mail and then entered in and then to find out that the contest is done. I can prove it i can send you the e-mail and time gotten it came in at --- 28/01/6:17pm. Take from there. Was the excersice worth it then? Vern

Edited by vern

This may have already been said but: A stimulus is given as refund to people to help boost the purchasing power of an economy. There was no "extra" incentive for anyone. Everyone's bill was supposedly paid; however, if there was no transaction showing each one's liability was paid. Then nothing ever took place!!!!

ndowning

A) It all boils down to a simple case of "ethics". The traveler had his money stolen then given back without knowing about it. B) The owner of the hotel also paid his debt with the money that he had no way of knowing whether it would make the full circle back to the hotel. In a realistic senerio, there's no way that money could move around town and get back before the traveler came back down stairs after looking at the rooms.

It has not been established how much money the prostitute gave the hotel owner, or how much she owed. I think the hotel owner was paid off in services from the prostitute and pulled another 100 dollar bill out of his pocket to replace the original.

And the town of Pumphandle ND does not exist, so it is a bogus question :lol: :lol:

Good logic. I didn't catch that in my initial read. This could very well be the answer to a scenario full of fictitious geographical places and events. Even thought the effects of a "Stimulus" are the same.

Okay, you said have fun....

The Hundred reaches the butcher....mad cow disease

The butcher passes it to the pig farmer........cross contamination

The Pig farmer reaches the the co-op....it is now contagious

Co-op gets to the prostitute......STD

Back to the hotel....where the disease began!!

The Pumphandler is an article that is published by the North Dakota Division of Disease Control.

The only stimulus package that occurs here are the increase in the doctor's pocket! :lol:

Of course now.....without mentioning their names, the five authors of this publication could also be the culprits in this wonderful stimulus package!! :o

• Upvote 1

The story is only as good as the story teller. The flaw is that it takes time to see what the true outcome of the stimulus is. What were the long term effects? As Paul Harvey would say "and now the rest of the story" . The story was just that, a story, written by a very creative writer. It has nothing to do with actual heading or title. Just as much as the headings people put on this site can be misleading at times. No offense intended. I love this site and all the creative people on it. Everyone's perception is different. Adam put this fun little game on his site to occupy our time and give us all something creative to do instead of stew and ponder the RV, rate and date. smile.gif

• Upvote 1

THE FLAW IS THAT THE MONEY WENT AROUND FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE BUT THE HOTEL CLERK BECASUE EVENDOUGH HE PAY HIS DEBT HE WAS OUT 200 DOLLARS AFTER THE MONEY WENT AROUND HE WAS OUT 200 DOLLARS 100 TO PAY HIS DEBT AND THE OTHER 100 THAT HE DIDNT KEEP FOR THE PROSTITUES ROOM..HUh!! ABOUT THA B!T#$S

• Downvote 1

I have read pretty close to 11 pages of responses (I'm sure that number will be doubled by the time I'm done with this reply) with almost all of them being well thought out and viable. I keep getting hung up on the fact that the motel owner is a thief. He stole the money in the first place...but that doesn't really have anything to do with the "stimulus theory"...or does it??? laugh.gif

The great thing about this contest is that as a website owner Adam, you mentioned the word "FREE" in a contest and it has created a very "sticky" page for your website. Now, thinking along those lines, I would hope that you put this out there for a couple of reasons. 1. You have a feeling that the RV is very close and you have selflessly taken on a responsibility to all of your VIP members to give them the best post RV options in the world. With that said, making sure there are a couple of days of solid traffic that you can report back to the people that you have set these deals up with could be invaluable. 2. You have created an additional buzz and awareness of the VIP membership and it's immense value in a way that allows people imagine all of the security that comes with knowing you have their back post RV. Even if they have no idea how to invest a great amount of wealth, you will at least have options for them. Now, even if they don't win this contest, they have realized how great it is going to be in the moments after RV to know that they are VIP and SHOULD BE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!! wink.gif

I'm sure I am probably WAY off on my thinking here, but at the very least I have given an insight on how I feel about the VIP. If that helps even one person make up their mind to purchase this VIP with you I think it is worth my time to type this all out.

Thanks Adam for all you have done and plan on doing for us.

MLay901

Pont of the story… There’s more than enough money in the world and it is constantly shifting position. The paper is truly empty and meaningless until someone makes it mean something. Money is only valuable to the person who’s in possession of it at a particular moment in time and the value only comes from what he believes about it. That $100 bill is still out there in someone else’s hand right now and they are probably buying Dinar with it. ;n)

• Upvote 1

:lol::lol: Good one :lol::lol:

This quite true- However if you go deeper into your analogy someone got screwed. The screwer was very happy and the screwed was probably not because it was just a job.Probably no health benifits and working hours were probably not within the 40 hour week. Being on call all the time and no over time. If gifts of kindness were involve are they liable for scrutiny? The screwer probably enjoyed his job and all the perks shall we say and was wise enough not to put in on a debit /credit card for the boss to see.However he now has to worry about if someone may have seen him comeing or going. Hard to do that at the same time. However there are those who are very good at deceivement. In other words what you seen is not what you saw. The motel - he doesnt care one way or the other just pay the bill so he keep is door /options open. Your right Adam you have to use your mind on this and it can take you in a hundred directions. In the end what did it get you? SCREWED. That just doesnt feel right to anyone but the one who got it-...Vern ;)

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

The problem with a stimulus package is it doesn't always work out like it does in the story. When people are short on cash, lots of times they save the money from the stimulus package and do not spend it, leaving a 0 change. Not to mention a hooker for $100? I think that's crazy high price for hard times! (no pun intended) :lol:

Not going indepth here. For a stimulus package to be created, the funding has to stem from the local/domestic economy.. In this case, the "tourist" took his money back and left the economy. From every package we've witnessed, our monetary system has been further diluted by the new creation of un-backed monies, whereas, this example has just squared up the town's current liability via illegal usage of anothers assets.

OR

You can just look at it as what the hell, someone came out of this with the same amount of money with the same value that they walked into this package with? Even though I'm speaking of the tourist, we all know this never happens for any parties involved! At least someone leaves this scenario no worse off than before.

It is funny to me that the Government has hidden the facts so that any thing they do is explained as pre-suppisitions. Take for instance the stimulus package...there is a good example.

A group of lawyers [senators] arges on CSPAN on how to spend your hard earned tax dollars while close door sessions would reveal how John-Q-Public is going to be duped.

The visitor [senator] watching from a vantage point knows when to come back to retrive his money. [supposition]

All have the same debt...Go Figure.

When the running in circles is complet the visitor returns. A euforic false sence of security, bills payed but broke emerges,

now to start over again on credit...never ending cycle.

Now to the reality:

All the while crying broke with a high deficate, Pork Barel spending to keep their job security, high salaries, good benefits, good social life, fine houses and big cars, travel expence accounts etc.. Keep The People in The Dark, Running in Circles.

The flaw in this story is the streets are deserted and the butcher runs down the street to retire is debt to a pig farmer. Why would the butcher find a pig farmer on a deserted street., and how would the pig farmer find his supplier that fast to pay him the money.

How big was the hotel/motel, how long would it take to look at a room????????

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

The tourist stopped at the local Hotel, but it was a Motel owner that took the $100 bill rather than the Hotel owner.

• Upvote 1

The biggest winner in his own mind was the hotel/motel owner. Not only did he get to pay off a debt of his, he had a debt owed him payed off. Everybody feels some form of relief with regards to paying off some of there debt even though it all took place basically on paper. This gives all a chance to continue there line of credit.