Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

The first problem I see is that no hooker is going to offer her services for free or on credit, the second issue is that in a stimulus package you never get something for nothing. There's always something attached to it that is an unintended consequence, you just never know what it is until later when you're least expecting it. No free ride, no cleared debt, and who in their right mind would leave a $100 bill on a counter just to look at hotel rooms??

OK first of all Prostitutes do not exstend credit! ( and excuse me if I'am wrong but don't Prostitutes like HARD Times)

The so called Tourist was probably a visiting cousin from out of town.

It was the Prostitutes way of getting her bill paid for free. Just like our goverment, other wise known as a Shell Game.They dress it up and call it Stimulus Package.

• Upvote 1

You will never win by trying to live off someone else's money. The cash is gone and you are still dirt poor. Unless you work to build income and capital you will never have anything. That is why communisum will never work because those who can and will make money will always be above those who just want to sponge off others.

Well...Everything is pretty cut and dry and explained away...I've read all the responses and the only thing i can think of is that its just like our government...They circulate the money and throw us a bone for a little while yet in the end they always take it away...On a side note the sad part is that the hotel/motel, whatever is not even nice enough for the traveler to stay in...Hmmm...Interesting.

Thanks

Rod

Adam acted like the traveller and through a bone out to everyone. So while "everyone" is scrambling around trying to balance their day to day lives, we take a few moments out to really think about what the RV (the $100) means in the grander scheme of things. Hell, I like the thought just for looking at the much larger picture. If I was a contender, give it to this guy!! Most of us stayed within the story, MLay went waaay outside the box. Awesome attempt. Hope it pays off!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Halo9678!

The motel owner, IN ERROR, assumed the $100 that was put on his table by the customer was a payment in advance and not a good faith gesture. Future stay and payment on the part of the customer was contingent on the room being in satisfactory condition. It was not. Therefore, nothing of substance (the customer agreeing to stay in the room) was transacted. However, the motel owner thought differently and treated the $100 as a payment in full and not a good faith gesture/deposit. All of this is kind of like passing off a check with insufficient funds.

I'm going out on a limb here but the "FLAW" to the story is that it WORKED. The "Stimulus" performed flawlessly. Funds that were not earned were loaned, (without the owners approval of course) but that’s besides the point. The Funds were used to pay debts to others that in turn repaid other debts. In the end all outstanding debts had been paid in full for services rendered and the original lender was paid in full. Hence the circle became debt free.

If each debt was a single line item on a debt sheet each debt would show as being paid in full. The true Flaw to the story is that it worked. As for stimulus, the funds that were not earned paid all of debts; additional earnings by each individual that would have been needed to pay the original debts can now become available for the purchase of more services. This of course is a perfect example and is in no way realistic in our economy, hence the flaw.

Edited by Mr. Cool

First off, money,economies or debt do not flow in a circle. It is more like a reverse tributary system.

Secondly, these people got a little relief, but didn't gain anything in the long run.

And thirdly, that money did NOT belong to the hotel owner. In reality he would have found no money returning to the counter. The tourist would have found his money missing from the counter.The sharrif would have found a call to come down to the hotel.

And lastly the hotel owner would find himself in jail as a thief and be in worse shape than before.

Stimulus has to start movement that will gain momentum and benefit many.It's not just an exchange from one hand to another.

The long and short of it is, the $100 was stolen to begin with - the traveler did not "loan" the motel owner the money, it was taken without his knowledge/permission. This is the exact same way that the stimulus worked. They stole 1 trillion dollars to pay off their debts for the election. In the real world there is absolutely no way to break even and using th example above, the traveler would have watched his money dissapear and then somehow have to pay the motel owner (who stole it in the first place remember) interest on the money that was stolen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THE &100 DOLLAR( EXAMPLE )IS A SITUATION THAT COULD AND PROBERLY WOULD HAPPEN,ON A NATIONAL SCALE. MONIES RECIEVING INTO THE ,population SAY WHEN THE DINAR R Vs IT WOULD JUMP START THE ECONOMY (BIG TIME)IN ALL AREA,S OF THE WORLD. A LARGE PART OF THE GLOBE WILL AGAIN FEEL PROSPERITY. YOUR $100 dollar situation was a GREAT EXAMPLE Thanks LeRoy Wood leroywood@centurytel.net

This is a good example of False Economy as promoted by our present administration. Several people in the community received temporary benefit but the economy of the community did not prosper because the tourist took back the $100 (like our taxes) instead of leaving it to be used by the whole community.

1. The tourist still has to stay somewhere

2. The hotel owner never knew for sure he would get the money back upon paying the butcher.

3. The story is missing The Pope, A Rabbi, a Cross-Dresser, and the fact that the tourist can't leave cause his car is now on fire.

Here's my take on it:

This email was written by someone who wishes to pander to a certain base. In this case, the person put out $100 which would be similar to our tax money going into the stimulus.

The person then got their money back. This is 100% NOT how our recent or current "stimulus" packages work!

It's a cute attempt... but anyone with half a brain can figure out that the stimulus packages we have in the US do NOT work the way this email is suggesting.

Now to award the first free VIP membership!

Except, with ALL stimulus packages, that I know of there are stings attached and you have to pay them back as well. And now your in wrost shape than before you received it.

Amazingly enough, the very first response was pretty darn close to what I was looking for! Mississippi Gal, since you are already VIP I am going to extend your VIP membership by one month and then give the other two months to the first non-VIP person that responded with the correct answer.

The problem is ... the problem remains the same. No one has any money because money is not coming into the community. THE TOUREST LEFT and took his money with him. In order for a stimulus package to work, a product must be produced and purchased.

Good enough for me - Welcome to VIP!!!

The next VIP goes to whomever has the post with the highest + rating in this thread by tomorrow at noon.

Tell your friends to + rep your post, encourage anyone you know to register and + rep you, or whatever you have to do! The contest will be over tomorrow.

Nice replies, everyone!!!!!

• Upvote 2

The flaw in this is that the $100 was never actually conveyed to anyone, so it was not a stimulus. What the symbol of the $100 created was a barter trade circle that could have and should have been created in the first place by those involved who had no cash to trade but did have services to trade.

The flaw in this theory is that the hotel/motel owner is still

negative $100 as when the lady comes in to pay her bill, it clears her

tab but yet the guy who left the money in the first place didn't like

the rooms thus wanted his money back. So the hotel owner is still out

the money.

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

Hello all...other than the fact that it is robbing Peter to pay Paul...and nobody wins....other than that he stopped at a "Hotel" and left from a "Motel"...considering a Hotel is an establishment that the entrance to the rooms is indoors...meaning a generally nicer safer place...and a "Motel" is rooms with an entrance on the outside...less safe and usually in less liked areas of town. So in a recap...came in in a nice area. Stimulus package dropped the economy of the town to a Motel status. Which where our country is headed.

For what it's worth..just one mans opinion.

Billy Chrzan

The "flaw" is that no real money was exchanged. The $100 bill was "credit only," which made its circulation around the town, only to be returned to the tourist and removed from the town. The town, although non-existent on the map, actually represents every city and town in the United States. So, who's the tourist? The government ruling the United States.

That's what we believe.