Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

It's the "Ultimate Screw Job"! The stimulus money from the government (represented by the tourist) is put into play, makes its rounds, does nothing more than pay against (not off) existing debt. No new jobs created; no profit experienced; and ends up back with the government who used the people's "earned" dollars to begin with. Stimulus comes from the Latin word "stymied" because that's what it causes.

The town will simply fall back in debt as no real product or income was generated.....you cannot fuel an economy with money that doesnt create growth or some tangible product that will create more growth. It is simply hiding the problem.

The reality here is nobody is any better off than when they started. They just now owe "THE MAN".

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer it will go to India .

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).

If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan .

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in

America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, football games or

spend it on beer & wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos,

since those are the only businesses still in the US.

:D

• Upvote 1

The flaw is that the traveler represents the government in which stimulus packages come from.... but our government uses borrowed money or our own tax dollars to give stimulus money. Therefore, if that is true of this traveler, then his $100 is actually money he somehow got from this poor town and then he ends up with it in the end like our govenment.

Ha ha good one Adam...

I have read most, but want to put my own 2 cents in..

In order to do business, there must always be something taken off the top.

The hotel owner took the money next door to pay the butcher and the butcher paid his bill, BUT he also had to pay for the late payments.

As well asany NSF notices he may have received..Then it goes down the line.

Meanwhile, the bank ALWAYS makes money...

Eventually, the $100. shrinks until the initial owner of the $100 receives what is left.

Perhaps cents on the dollar..

Read more:

Adam,

You did not say whether we could make more than one entry. As I thought further about the situation the most important person was never included. The most important person we all forget about is the real producer and that is the farmer who grew the grain. The coop got paid but that does not mean that the farmer got paid. The pig farmer would be out of business if he had no grain to feed his animals. We all forget about the one that is responsible for creating more jobs, wealth, etc.

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

I am from North Dakota and there is no Pumphandle North Dakota. I'll take that VIP now. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

The people I know, when faced with unexpected cash, don't pay their debts. They go out and buy that new pair of earrings or awesome shotgun they've had their eye on, or go out to eat a nice dinner or see a movie for the first time in months. :-)

THAT's a stimulus package.

Usually all debt incurs interest, and all businesses must make profit or they have no reason to exist. There is no mention of this in the story.

The other thing that bothers me about the story is that everyone is out of debt, but the problem isn't solved, the debt will reoccur.

What's at stake?

Here's the email:

Besides the tourist that stopped in Pumphandle there were three guys traveling on a hunting trip that stopped in Pumphandle that very night! The three guys got one room to share and asked the bell boy to have the prostitute come up to their room. The bell boy showed the Lady up to their room where they had a good time.

When the Lady left each of the three guys gave her 10 dollars = $30. As the lady left the hotel she gave the bell boy 5 dollars and asked him to rebate the money to the three guys. On the way back to the guys room the bell boy thought, those guys don't know about the five dollars so he kept two dollars and knocked on the guys door. The bell boy told the guys that the lady was giving back some of the money and gave each of the three guys one dollar back!

Now do the math, each guy then paid nine dollars, 3x9=27 the bell boy kept two dollars, 27+2=29... where did the one dollar go?

Answer? wink.gif

Maybe this is my simple math, but as I see it the hotel owner who thought he was going to benifit from the tourist, in the end came up 100 dollars out, because he accepted the 100 from the prostitute, therefore cancelling her dept. The tourist took the 100 dollars back and the hotel owner got the shaft.

Just like the government, (Obama's government, especially) They want to releive you of any chance that you might get ahead.

The problem starts because it was not the hotel propreiter's money to start of with (UNCLE SAM). When he finally is supposedly paid himself the debt is not satisfiied due to him not having legal possesion of the $100 thus creating his own deficit.

God Bless

Blanc

What's at stake?

Here's the email: